Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[starbucks.ca] Aeropress or Chambord Coffee Press by Bodum, 4-cup $32.17 + shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2017 4:11 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56484 posts
21536 upvotes

[starbucks.ca] Aeropress or Chambord Coffee Press by Bodum, 4-cup $32.17 + shipping

Deal Link:
Use coupon code STNPWEKD for 10% off on first order. Orders of $75 after discount are eligible for free shipping. Adding coffee to avail of the promo (Save C$ 10 off orders of C$ 50, C$ 20 off orders of C$ 75, C$ 30 of orders of C$ 100+) will negate the 10% discount so might as well separate the equipment and the coffee orders.

I just logged into my starbucks account to use some gift cards and earn some stars. Ordered two Aeropresses and one French Press just so I can show my wife how much I love her, haha.

Aeropress
https://store.starbucks.ca/AeroPress%C2 ... CA,pd.html

Using total immersion and gentle air pressure, the AeroPress® brews extraordinary coffee in about a minute. Its design and micro-filter allows for a shorter brew time with a lower water temperature. The result is coffee with lower acidity than conventional brewers without bitterness

Chambord Coffee Press by Bodum, 4-cup is also on sale:
https://store.starbucks.ca/Chambord-Cof ... CA,pd.html?

This classic 4-cup coffee press is still made with the same painstaking craftsmanship as the original from the fifties, but this latest version has a new chrome-plated steel frame and lid that will last for years. It features a wide, matte-black polypropylene handle that provides a cool, comfortable grip and adds to the modern style of the design. The borosilicate glass carafe is heat-resistant, and the entire press is dishwasher safe.

Don't forget the 150 Airmiles bonus, sorry to keep harping on this but just in case you wanted $16 back once you purchase from two AM online partners.
airmiles-150-bonus-points-shopping-2-sh ... 0-2118423/
20 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2009
1034 posts
511 upvotes
Halifax
The AeroPress is quite simply, the best coffee-making device you will ever own. I've tried out thousand dollar coffee makers that don't do it as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
1985 posts
267 upvotes
Shipping is 8 bucks so kinda kills the deal if you just want the press.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56484 posts
21536 upvotes
True. That's why I ordered two Aeropress and the French Press because free shipping was based on the price after the 10% discount. Teavanna tea steeper is $13+ but my daughter already bought one before.

Cheaper than amazon.com pricing and I just used my SB card balances. Too bad I used a 4th AM account by mistake when I was trying to complete it for a 3rd!

Also availed of the $5 off $10 groupon offer by invite. Surprisingly, I had to register that same email account because it was no longer valid but was still receiving groupon email offers.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2127 posts
813 upvotes
I'm not getting the 10 off orders of C$ 50, C$ 20 off orders of C$ 75, C$ 30 of orders of C$ 100 deal in my shopping cart. Only the 10% off. I've called customer service and they don't know anything about that promo.
Anyone else experiencing this?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47863 posts
8593 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jon604 wrote: I'm not getting the 10 off orders of C$ 50, C$ 20 off orders of C$ 75, C$ 30 of orders of C$ 100 deal in my shopping cart. Only the 10% off. I've called customer service and they don't know anything about that promo.
That promo is only for coffee.
Jan 22, 2015
703 posts
1015 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Highly Recommend the Aeropress - Good option if you just want the aeropress is the seemingly weekly Bed Bath and Beyond 20% codes, they have a lower retail so comes out at $31.99
Dec 27, 2005
603 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How does it compare to instant coffee ? I'm assuming world of a difference.

really don't like instant coffee - got no real taste
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3673 posts
3304 upvotes
GTA
sonician wrote: The AeroPress is quite simply, the best coffee-making device you will ever own. I've tried out thousand dollar coffee makers that don't do it as well.
This.

I recently sold off a super automatic, semi-automatic and three Keurig machines between our two houses. We now own two Aeropresses and that is it. Best $35 x 2 i've ever spent.
Jun 17, 2003
734 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
+1 for Aeropress awesomeness. I've been using mine for so long the markings have worn off the side.

However, if you only need one and you're not inclined to top your order up with Starbucks beans, I think you still come out ahead at amazon.ca with free shipping.
Jan 22, 2015
703 posts
1015 upvotes
Toronto, ON
paf wrote: How does it compare to instant coffee ? I'm assuming world of a difference.

really don't like instant coffee - got no real taste
A Porsche and Hyundai both take fuel , both get you from point A - B
which would you rather have..

Aeropress - You still need decent beans, to put in there if you are using the year old bag of tim hortons/starbucks coffee in the back of your cupboard it's
not going to be great.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56484 posts
21536 upvotes
What are you guys/gals using for coffee bean cannister/container? I don't want the Friis where the valves have to be replaced every so often. I also read CO2 isn't an issue as much as Oxygen.

https://www.amazon.com/Friis-16-Ounce-C ... YSA59EZH6D

Is something like this good enough?

https://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Storage-C ... emakers-20
Last edited by alanbrenton on Aug 25th, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56484 posts
21536 upvotes
jon604 wrote: I'm not getting the 10 off orders of C$ 50, C$ 20 off orders of C$ 75, C$ 30 of orders of C$ 100 deal in my shopping cart. Only the 10% off. I've called customer service and they don't know anything about that promo.
You can find out on the specific product page because that offer will be to the right of the photo and in red. The reserved coffee beans aren't included, at least the Brazilian one. Regular K cups or other coffee beans like Pike Place are included.

As I mentioned, the discount is one or the other so better to stick with coffee beans and anything that the discount applies to and the 10% on those that are excluded. Since the 10% seems only to apply to the first order (this is my first time ordering from starbucks.ca as I'm not a coffee drinker), I would suggest doing that first (buy equipment or cups/mugs with 10% off) before placing and coffee bean order. You can always open a new account but I got 173 stars for my purchase so it makes sense to just log into one's starbucks account to earn stars.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2006
1024 posts
434 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: What are you guys/gals using for coffee bean cannister/container? I don't want the Friis where the valves have to be replaced every so often. I also read CO2 isn't an issue as much as Oxygen.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ISKWD0/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk

Is something like this good enough?

https://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Storage-C ... emakers-20
I buy two pound bags and store them in the freezer after I open them. I have a smaller air tight container, nothing special that I fill from time to time close to my grinder.

I understand the oxygen bit but can't you just roll up the bag tightly or use a zip lock?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56484 posts
21536 upvotes
Nanodollars wrote: I buy two pound bags and store them in the freezer after I open them. I have a smaller air tight container, nothing special that I fill from time to time close to my grinder.

I understand the oxygen bit but can't you just roll up the bag tightly or use a zip lock?
I'm probably the worst to ask about coffee bean storage. Makes sense but don't you have to first thaw them? I was going to buy the Friis on .com for $13 USD but then I realized it's probably better to just settle for something where I don't need to replace the value/vacuum on a periodic basis.

From the top review,

After writing an extensive one-star review for the Friis containers, because of their BS hype about CO2 being harmful to coffee, I'm too tired to repeat my research here [...] , so I'll just give my compliments.
Oxygen and light are the worst culprits of staling-out your beans. The CO2 thing is just a matter of built up pressure in the bag, not a harmful gas. In fact, it probably protects the coffee, which is why it doesn't kill the beans while it waits weeks or months for you to open the bag...The valve doesn't remove it, by the way, it just relieves any extra pressure, leaving plenty of CO2 in there, which is why you have to allow your grounds to "bloom" when brewing. When you open the bag, "whoosh..." Oxygen. Now what? You roll up the bag as tightly as you can, reducing the area in which Oxygen can live and affect your coffee. The Airscape does this, but more efficiently, reducing the area taken up by air in the container, so it does minimal damage to the beans, which is all you can ask for, short of vacuum-packing it over and over again. It works. Every time I open my container, that aroma, which normally disappears in other containers, is still beautiful and fresh.
Other containers can talk all they want about valves and airtight seals, but the fact is, after opening, if there is space unoccupied by beans, it's occupied by oxygen. And you can't "roll up" a cylindrical container! Airscape addresses that and uses the lid to reduce the space inside the container and close off the beans from excess air. Don't worry or believe the BS about CO2 after that. It doesn't harm the coffee and, after a week or two has passed since the roast, there's not enough CO2 to bother your coffee or cause your container to explode. In fact, what little there is may even protect your beans from the remaining oxygen. By the time those small amount of gasses would affect your beans' freshness, you'll have long finished and are filling up with a new batch.
I put only 4 stars because of their misleading sizing. A coffee canister should not be described solely using liquid measurement, rather than coffee references, like most containers do..."Holds 1lb of beans," or "holds approximately 10 oz of coffee beans or XX ozs of ground coffee," etc. I bought my first one, thinking my 12 oz bag of beans would fit into their 32 oz container, but I need the 64 oz size to store 16 oz. of beans. It's a coffee container and it should be described appropriately.
Read less
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2127 posts
813 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: That promo is only for coffee.
Thanks. You were more helpful than customer service. They didn't even know about that coffee promo.
Remember to use Ebates for 1.5%
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3051 posts
1531 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Nanodollars wrote: I buy two pound bags and store them in the freezer after I open them. I have a smaller air tight container, nothing special that I fill from time to time close to my grinder.
please don't put them in the freezer. if it's not airtight, the beans will soak up moisture and odor.

storing them in the back of the pantry is all that is needed. they just need darkness and away from moisture and whatnot
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2006
1024 posts
434 upvotes
sumtimw0ng wrote: please don't put them in the freezer. if it's not airtight, the beans will soak up moisture and odor.

storing them in the back of the pantry is all that is needed. they just need darkness and away from moisture and whatnot
ah yes good point, it didn't occur to me that moisture will condense on the beans as it is warmed up. Just common practice to put them in the freezer....
Oct 18, 2006
383 posts
138 upvotes
Thanks OP! Bought an AeroPress, the French Press, the Teavana tea maker, and a copper coffee spoon for $85 taxes in. Used my Starbucks card to pay, so got 151 Stars. And then used the Groupon deal from the other thread to buy 2 $10 gift cards for $5 each, so spent $75 out of pocket. Given that I'll get a free $5 drink out of it too, $70 for everything is a sufficiently good deal!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)