• Jan 19th, 2019 12:58 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9373 posts
1466 upvotes
Toronto

Starbucks Double Star frequency

Does any know, if Starbucks double star day has a formula for which dates?

I've tracked mine and here's the results (I missed a few months)

2018:
Apr 4
May 1
Jun 13
Sep 12
Oct 17
Nov 14
Dec 4

2019:
Jan 16
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3226 posts
766 upvotes
Oshawa
rfdrfd wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 2:49 pm
Does any know, if Starbucks double star day has a formula for which dates?

I've tracked mine and here's the results (I missed a few months)

2018:
Apr 4
May 1
Jun 13
Sep 12
Oct 17
Nov 14
Dec 4

2019:
Jan 16
This would be the absolute best question to submit on Starbucks Rewards - Customer Service ... copy and paste your question in the fields on the Starbucks link.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2978 posts
2078 upvotes
You can assume there will be one a month, and it tends to be mid-week (Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday) so that it doesn't coincide with any Friday-Monday weekend bonuses. Also you'll never see Double Star on the same day as Happy Hour.

if you ask Customer Service they'll probably say there is no formula and to just keep watching your email to find out when the next one is, as usually you get less than a day's warning (email gets sent maybe 6pm the day before). I'd say if you have some big purchases planned (Reserve beans, drinkware, Espro presses, gifts, etc) just be ready to buy them midweek and when you get the email, go get it. If Double Star coincides with a week-long star streak/dash (as was the case this week), even better.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9373 posts
1466 upvotes
Toronto
Since email is free, I'll go ahead and ask Starbucks. See what they say.

Yes, I try to save my big purchases for double star days. On that day, I'd buy my work department the coffee traveller and any individual drink orders.

But in the end, free rewards just means more sugar in me, not the healthiest. I ain't getting any younger!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9373 posts
1466 upvotes
Toronto
AV-Fishing wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 4:47 pm
This would be the absolute best question to submit on Starbucks Rewards - Customer Service ... copy and paste your question in the fields on the Starbucks link.
Thank you for the link. Appreciate it. I've submitted:

Your feedback is important to us.
You should receive a personalized response from a Starbucks customer service representative in approximately 1 business day.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9373 posts
1466 upvotes
Toronto
You were right !! Here was their reply:

I would like to let you know that there is not an specific frequency, since Double-Star Days occur on a different day for each Gold member customer within the same week, so you may not have the same Double-Star as other customers. Also, please know that you will have a Double-Star Day at least once a month, and you will receive an email and an alert on your Mobile app, one week before your Double-Star Day and a reminder 1-2 days prior.

EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 5:58 pm
You can assume there will be one a month, and it tends to be mid-week (Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday) so that it doesn't coincide with any Friday-Monday weekend bonuses. Also you'll never see Double Star on the same day as Happy Hour.

if you ask Customer Service they'll probably say there is no formula and to just keep watching your email to find out when the next one is, as usually you get less than a day's warning (email gets sent maybe 6pm the day before). I'd say if you have some big purchases planned (Reserve beans, drinkware, Espro presses, gifts, etc) just be ready to buy them midweek and when you get the email, go get it. If Double Star coincides with a week-long star streak/dash (as was the case this week), even better.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2978 posts
2078 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 4:37 pm
You were right !! Here was their reply:

I would like to let you know that there is not an specific frequency, since Double-Star Days occur on a different day for each Gold member customer within the same week, so you may not have the same Double-Star as other customers. Also, please know that you will have a Double-Star Day at least once a month, and you will receive an email and an alert on your Mobile app, one week before your Double-Star Day and a reminder 1-2 days prior.
There's a couple little white lies in there -- so far among my small circle of fellow Gold members (myself in the east GTA, my wife who carries a U.S.-issued Starbucks card, and another friend elsewhere in Canada) we all get our Double Star days on the same day each month. We do get slightly different promos (star streaks and dashes will have different items/days/bonus star amounts), but the worst gotcha is that Happy Hour promos offered in Canada don't apply to U.S. cardholders (and vice versa) so my wife has been shut out of Happy Hour (unless she happens to be in the USA that day) since that change took effect last year.... similarly if I'm in the USA during Happy Hour I can't redeem it either.

The other is getting a week's warning for Double Star day. I have never had this. For me it has always been the 24 hour warning. if you get a 1 week warning please post it here or in the Starbucks Rewards thread so we can all plan around it!

Bottom line is watch your email and your app and go with that.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2978 posts
2078 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 9:50 am
But in the end, free rewards just means more sugar in me, not the healthiest. I ain't getting any younger!
If you want to use your rewards on expensive stuff, go to the Reserve Bar at Shops at Don Mills... No need to waste your stars on kiddie milkshakes at core stores.
I miss redeeming them on Siphon-brewed Reserve coffees ($12 value)... they removed that option :-(

Might want to take a look at this older thread for more redemption ideas that don't involve sugar overload:

what-best-options-using-starbucks-star-rewards-2208692/