, February 14, enjoy 50% off your Starbucks delivery order on Uber Eat

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2021 9:40 am
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
19152 posts
5566 upvotes
Scarberia
smh, none of the starbucks in scarborough avail! i want that green tea ice frap! sandwiches xpensiveAF too
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
May 9, 2018
38 posts
27 upvotes
Shoutout to the Starbucks in my suburb that finally started accepting orders after lunch (saw one location available at around 4:30).
Mar 27, 2012
218 posts
118 upvotes
Vaughan
No Starbucks store available in Brampton...this is scam promo ...

Is that Uber fault or Starbucks store purposely close as they loose money because of promo
Feb 18, 2012
873 posts
518 upvotes
Victoria
What a joke, no couriers available yet they’re available for the restaurant right across the street
Aug 26, 2019
379 posts
691 upvotes
actng wrote: obviously this is for sending delivery to somewhere you can't be.
i.e. your wife's boyfriends house while she's over there and you're stuck at home with the kids.
Oh look a reddit newbie who joined WSB 2 weeks ago, bought 1 GME share at $420.69 and has adopted our culture and vocab. Bag holder. First the bots, now the newbs...sigh
Jul 6, 2004
404 posts
34 upvotes
Scarborough
b31770 wrote: What are you blathering about!? Are you seriously making this shit up, or are you trying to spread false info.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... c4022.html

There is something for you to read.

Fixed discount coupons will incur taxes on the full price.

If you think UE is scamming you, report it to the CRA!
Wow maybe actually try and read what I wrote? I didn't even mention the coupon and was talking about the free delivery that's offered as part of Eats Pass. Geesh... Some people.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16681 posts
3094 upvotes
GTA
derweissewolf wrote: Oh look a reddit newbie who joined WSB 2 weeks ago, bought 1 GME share at $420.69 and has adopted our culture and vocab. Bag holder. First the bots, now the newbs...sigh
watch yo mouth son who joined RFD 2019.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1650 posts
1538 upvotes
VANCOUVER
d-c wrote: Wow maybe actually try and read what I wrote? I didn't even mention the coupon and was talking about the free delivery that's offered as part of Eats Pass. Geesh... Some people.
This topic about xyz company scamming them comes up too often. If you have reviewed the tax code, which is readily available online. And if you contacted UE, which is possible to do although not that easy during the pandemic. AND you reviewed your receipt... wait, have you even reviewed the receipt???

This is what my receipt says when I get free delivery: Delivery Discount -CA$2.99

If there's a $2.99 charge for delivery, and you end up paying $0.00, it's free in the sense that it was fully discounted, BUT there still is a fee that was discounted.

And when you reviewed the Uber Eats Pass page, it clearly says $0 delivery, and NOT free delivery.

And when you read the terms and conditions, it clearly says:
Pass Benefits do not cover applicable tax or optional gratuities. Pass Benefits may be subject to applicable limitations including, for example, a minimum order subtotal requirement or any government mandated fees. Pass Benefits are subject to Third Party Provider availability and acceptance of requests for services/goods in your geographic area. It should be understood that Uber and/or its affiliates do not provide free or discounted delivery, or supply discounted goods but instead, as part of the pricing benefits, pay these amounts to Third Party Provider on behalf of the user as third party payments.

So to sum it up, I clearly read what you wrote. But I still don't think you understand the concept of discounts. The money doesn't appear magically, UE is covering the fees and providing you with a discount to bring the delivery to $0.

Please either report UE to the CRA, or do some basic and simple research. Critical thinking is lacking.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)