[Starbucks] Free Coffee for First Responders / Health Care Workers

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2020 11:08 am
[OP]
Jun 1, 2016
900 posts
1325 upvotes

[Starbucks] Free Coffee for First Responders / Health Care Workers

All frontline responders to COVID-19 can receive a tall hot or iced coffee at no charge until May 3.

I could not find any information on the Instagram pages of either Canadian or US Starbucks, thus YMMV.

Stay safe you beautiful people, we see you.
$28 Phone Plan:
  • Unlimited Data (25gb LTE)
  • Unlimited Talk / Text
  • Unlimited Roaming in US / Canada / Mexico
  • eSIM (allows dual SIM)
83 replies
Nov 8, 2011
632 posts
218 upvotes
NEPEAN
Thought this was US only - curious to hear if people are getting them here.
Feb 4, 2011
20 posts
36 upvotes
Ottawa
While I think it's a good idea to support our health care workers, might not be a great idea for the employees serving the coffee since they are more likely to be infected.

Good luck to both group, wash your hands and don't touch your face people.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4623 posts
4291 upvotes
Yes it is free, I was advised yesterday at Starbucks, this is a very nice gesture, considering that almost everything bus closed.
Apr 1, 2013
576 posts
578 upvotes
Fredericton
I don't even care if this isn't available in Canada. Take my upvote. So glad to see Starbucks showing appreciation for our first responders and health care workers.
Jun 12, 2019
177 posts
209 upvotes
Upvote for all the first responders out their helping all of our communities and Starbucks showing their support.. I also hope they have a happyhour soon
Mar 21, 2012
49 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
It's available here in Canada. My colleague got one this morning at the Starbucks.
Jan 27, 2007
745 posts
193 upvotes
Calgary
Excellent. I am not related at all, but they deserve every little bit. THANK YOU First Responders
Feb 18, 2012
655 posts
317 upvotes
Victoria
Only problem is trying to find a Starbucks that is actually open
May 8, 2015
258 posts
153 upvotes
East York, ON
Just called an open Starbucks. They have confirmed that they serve free coffee to healthcare workers, frontline first responders and even medical researchers.
No need to bring documents, just walk in and tell you are the one. This is according to a Starbucks worker on the phone.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4567 posts
1015 upvotes
Leasiderin wrote: Just called an open Starbucks. They have confirmed that they serve free coffee to healthcare workers, frontline first responders and even medical researchers.
No need to bring documents, just walk in and tell you are the one. This is according to a Starbucks worker on the phone.
You can't walk in b/c all dining locations are closed, are they not?

Drive through only I thought
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2602 posts
1123 upvotes
Sudbury
What is Starbucks doing to safeguard while making the Coffee though?

My issue is the handling of the coffee cup/lid then drinking out of it?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1093 posts
397 upvotes
joshmxpx wrote: You can't walk in b/c all dining locations are closed, are they not?

Drive through only I thought
The Starbucks near hospitals are opened, at least in Montreal. If you open the app, you can click on Find to find which are opened .
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5140 posts
845 upvotes
Toronto
kanewtz wrote: What is Starbucks doing to safeguard while making the Coffee though?

My issue is the handling of the coffee cup/lid then drinking out of it?
Don't you put on the lid yourself? The locations I've been to have the lids near the sugar/milk section. It's sh*tty Tim Hortons that puts the lids on your sh*tty coffee

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)