Expired Hot Deals

[Starbucks] Starbucks Happy Hour is on 8/6, 2-7pm (BOGO Any Handcrafted Drink)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2020 9:50 pm
[OP]
Nov 19, 2018
117 posts
360 upvotes

[Starbucks] Starbucks Happy Hour is on 8/6, 2-7pm (BOGO Any Handcrafted Drink)

Celebrate Happy Hour this Thursday with buy one, get one free handcrafted drinks from 2–7 p.m. at participating stores. Remember, you can order ahead and pay right here in the app. Exclusions apply. Store hours vary.

Valid 8/6/20 from 2–7 p.m. at participating Starbucks. Buy any handcrafted drink, grande or larger and get one of equal or lesser value free. Excludes hot brewed coffee or tea, Starbucks Reserve® beverages and ready-to-drink beverages. Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. Offer valid for one-time use. Store hours vary. Check the stores tab in the app or starbucks.ca for mobile payment availability and hours of operation.
Images
  • EE3BD6EB-416A-4300-8D6B-BCC1F4051B1A.jpeg
10 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2424 posts
845 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Does handcrafted drinks includes their frappuccino?
[solicitation removed]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7109 posts
1169 upvotes
Toronto
Can you just walk in and get this, or do you need to use the app?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3437 posts
285 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Both. But if you’re ordering with the app you apparently have to select the offer or you’ll get charged the full amount.

:cool:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7109 posts
1169 upvotes
Toronto
Bastich wrote: Both. But if you’re ordering with the app you apparently have to select the offer or you’ll get charged the full amount.

:cool:
Apparently not!

I just walked in and was told to take a hike because I didn't have the app or some stupid gold card, whatever that is.

WTF!? No mention of this on image I saw.
Last edited by Inno on Aug 6th, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2460 posts
1776 upvotes
Prince George
Inno wrote: Apparently not!

I just walked in and was told to take a hike because I didn't have the app or some stupid gold card, whatever that is.

These promos almost always require a rewards membership. The screenshot in the OP is from the app, so obviously a rewards member.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3340 posts
1412 upvotes
Scarborough

cheaper_than_cheap wrote: These promos almost always require a rewards membership. The screenshot in the OP is from the app, so obviously a rewards member.
The fine print on the image the OP posted doesn't specifically state that the app needs to be used but it does say that you need to check the tab in the app for mobile payment availability.
I'll assume it means you can only pay using the app.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27382 posts
7689 upvotes

LOL the image is from the app, you need the app which automatically has you in the rewards membership, which is free BTW.

You stopped needing a "gold card" (gold rewards level) for anything for a while now. My card still shows as a gold card in the app as I was gold previously but there's no more tiers anymore, all rewards memberships are the same now, I'm pretty sure. Gold used to get you better redemption value (or earnings, can't remember which now) but I think it's all the same now. Sucks for people that were maintaining gold prior to the switch, but whatevs them's the breaks.

Also I seriously doubt they told you to "take a hike" :lol: