• Jun 10th, 2019 7:42 am
Apr 22, 2009
611 posts
319 upvotes
Ottawa
joo wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 4:18 pm
Are you registered for rewards?
If so contact customer service and the will just add a free drink for you.
No idea. I guess not. How do I check? Or how do I register?
Nov 2, 2015
565 posts
199 upvotes
Markham
Do i have to order one drink in order to get a free drink in my birthday?
Sep 22, 2016
237 posts
216 upvotes
a16107 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 4:34 pm
No. You can just order your free drink and don't need to pay anything.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7184 posts
3379 upvotes
North York
a16107 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 4:34 pm
There must be points activities within the year, either earn or redeem.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1629 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
not_sorry wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 5:55 pm
So if you're going to take advantage of this, I'd recommend trying some interesting combinations you wouldn't normally want to spend like $7 on.

If its a flat $3 no matter what, I'd order a halfsweet mocha frapp and add shots of espresso to it.
or a Vanilla Bean Creme Frapp. Add Hazelnut syrup, and a whole banana. (I've tried this and it tastes like banana bread.)
Tried your vanilla bean frappuccino... Excellent suggestion! Added an affogato style shot because why not.
Heatware 35-0-0

Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 | Intel i7 3770K | 4x4096 G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 | Asus DirectCUII 290X
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1159 posts
347 upvotes
Just a heads up you need the app so they can scan your card to get the discount .
Jul 7, 2013
181 posts
282 upvotes
I saw the offer in my app Inbox but the "apply" option PP screenshot didn't show up on my checkout page. I thought maybe it would process at the promo price but it went thru at full cost. If this happens to you, the cashiers can reverse the charge and then charge you the promo price. Even the out of the way locale was packed so ordering ahead was the way to go.

I'm an infrequent partaker of SB so was interesting to see the previous venti size promo was huge compared to grande.

cheers,
:)
Dec 10, 2005
156 posts
53 upvotes
Slaughter wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 5:11 pm
Tried your vanilla bean frappuccino... Excellent suggestion! Added an affogato style shot because why not.
Glad you liked it! I'll have to try it with the shot sometime too. Sounds great.
Dec 10, 2005
156 posts
53 upvotes
klamchowder wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 5:35 pm
I saw the offer in my app Inbox but the "apply" option PP screenshot didn't show up on my checkout page. I thought maybe it would process at the promo price but it went thru at full cost. If this happens to you, the cashiers can reverse the charge and then charge you the promo price. Even the out of the way locale was packed so ordering ahead was the way to go.
Glad that worked out! I wonder if you have the wrong time zone on your profile like someone else had mentioned they did and had the same issue. This also leads me to think that perhaps if someone wanted to take advantage of this earlier or later, they could change their timezone to activate the discount outside of the 3 to 6 timeframe.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
1890 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
MegaCreation wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 4:28 pm
No idea. I guess not. How do I check? Or how do I register?
Register here.
https://www.starbucks.ca/account/create

Make sure you check yes for the box that says “Yes, I’d like to receive news, promotions, information and offers from Starbucks.”
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Jul 7, 2013
181 posts
282 upvotes
not_sorry wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 5:43 pm
Glad that worked out! I wonder if you have the wrong time zone on your profile like someone else had mentioned they did and had the same issue. This also leads me to think that perhaps if someone wanted to take advantage of this earlier or later, they could change their timezone to activate the discount outside of the 3 to 6 timeframe.
Thx. Interesting and clever time zone catch of yours! Where does one set the time zone? I looked under mine and couldn't see anything. It has my correct address and PC so I thought that's how they'd determine time zone. I'm in EST and tried to use it at about 3:30pm.

cheers,
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7184 posts
3379 upvotes
North York
Got a mocha cookie crumble frapp just before the last store in the area was about to close. Thanks OP!
Dec 10, 2005
156 posts
53 upvotes
klamchowder wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 7:58 pm
Thx. Interesting and clever time zone catch of yours! Where does one set the time zone? I looked under mine and couldn't see anything. It has my correct address and PC so I thought that's how they'd determine time zone. I'm in EST and tried to use it at about 3:30pm.

cheers,
Edit - Sorry I'm not sure - I would have assumed the same thing! I may have misunderstood the previous comments though and the person had the wrong timezone on their RFD profile lol Maybe it's not based on your address on the profile, but where the gps thinks you are. Are location services enabled and suggesting the right local stores? If so, I've got nothing. Maybe just a weird glitch. Bummer though.
Aug 26, 2008
303 posts
84 upvotes
Calgary, AB
not_sorry wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 2:03 pm
You pay at premium at Starbucks, and customization is expected, encouraged, and part of the experience. From asking for your drink to be extra hot, to subsituting sugar-free syrup or soy milk. It's meant to be *your* drink, customized to your liking.
This is not saying the barristas dont "know how to cook" or that their regular frappucinos aren't good. Its that personalization is part of the package.

If you prefer not to try new things or customize, that's entirely up to you. But you have the option, and imo, are missing out on some great things if you're closed minded to it.
Right, everyone deserves his own, DIY drink at a place with no nonprofessional barista, from choice of standard ingredients with mediocre quality. And of course, pay premium price for that exclusive experience.

There's no taste to miss at Starbucks. Anyone can learn to brew better espresso at home for pennies. Derivative drinks, full of syrups and creams, are even easier to make decent-tasting. Starbucks is a convenient place with fast service, but there's nothing special there.

If you like to experiment, go to a real coffee shop, and try 'standard' selection of coffees there. You seriously miss a lot.
You may be surprised to learn how many tastes just coffee beans may produce.

My point is, Strarbucks, Subways and places of the same class do offer 'customization', and it is certainly a great selling strategy.
Too many people are on the hook, and may never experience good coffee (or food) taste. They are too busy experimenting with new soymilk and chocolate syrup addons.
Jul 7, 2013
181 posts
282 upvotes
not_sorry wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 4:26 pm
Are location services enabled and suggesting the right local stores? If so, I've got nothing. Maybe just a weird glitch. Bummer though.
Yup, location services was on. Glad SB staff "manually" corrected it tho - I'll watch for the "Apply promo" next time RFD alerts me to a SB sale...LOL!

cheers,