• Jan 31st, 2020 11:22 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2755 posts
1012 upvotes
GTA

[Starbucks] Starbucks January 2020 refill tumbler $55

Basically the same deal as November 2018 - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/starbuc ... 9-2239983/ - which means this is going to get voted down again ?

From the promo email
BOTTOMLESS JOY
Our stainless-steel Refill Tumbler makes an excellent gift for any coffee lover. Bring it into a participating Starbucks® store to receive a free grande brewed hot coffee or tea every day in January.
Grande is $2.85 with tax in Ontario ? So break even point is 21.8 fills. But you got to figure the tumbler itself is worth about $10 AND we all need something to get us through January once McDonalds stops the $1 EXTRA LARGE coffee (before anyone jumps on me about the McD app favourites trick, they fixed the McD app/stores for those near me for a while now)

Also 50 *Stars* for buying $20 offer should be around for the next few days and would apply here

With regards to the "Once a day" limit..
jcon wrote: Honour system.

I typically use it in the morning, on my way to work, then again later in the afternoon at another SB. I have no honour.
Images
  • IMG_20191126_095620.jpg
  • IMG_20191126_095611.jpg
  • IMG_20191126_095554.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 26th, 2019 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: added price to title
268 replies
Mar 20, 2012
600 posts
474 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Is this difficult to clean?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1280 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
Nice plain non-Christmasy design this year. Definitely gonna pick one up. Me and the wife double/triple dip all through January to take full advantage.
Jun 22, 2017
113 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto/Kingston
Is this airtight? Can I toss this in a bag full of coffee without worrying about it spilling? I have another Starbucks tumblr and absolutely love how airtight it is - have never had to worry about spills whereas all my other tumblrs have to kept upright at all times when there is liquid inside.
Apr 27, 2018
58 posts
67 upvotes
meredithtaylor wrote: Is this airtight? Can I toss this in a bag full of coffee without worrying about it spilling? I have another Starbucks tumblr and absolutely love how airtight it is - have never had to worry about spills whereas all my other tumblrs have to kept upright at all times when there is liquid inside.
I have one from 2 years ago, it's been dropped a bunch of times and still perfect seal. I hope that helps.
Dec 30, 2006
576 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
I still have my tumbler from 2 years ago. It was a nice quality one, that was worth probably $20 or so.

If you need a tumbler any ways, this is a no brainer
Nov 12, 2012
655 posts
362 upvotes
Calgary
I have mine from 2016 as my daily coffee mug, still leak proof with the lid snapped shut. This is a great deal if you're in close proximity to a Starbucks.
They closed a couple near me, but still might jump on this tumbler.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4199 posts
1605 upvotes
how do they know if you've used it up already for the day? not looking to scam it or anything but how are people double/triple dipping?

I suppose it's if you go to different locations?
SAVE 20% off on top of the current prices of any gift-able STEAM games/DLC:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/digital- ... s-2349751/
Feb 20, 2009
188 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga
The tumbler quality is very high, and as others had said it can be used for years (I do). It retails in Starbucks for closer to $25. BYOC also gets you a $0.10 reduction at Starbucks.
Jul 19, 2010
538 posts
165 upvotes
Calgary
they don't.. and honestly i doubt they care.. You can only have no many cups of "brewed coffee", and tea.
Feb 20, 2009
188 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga
trinxified wrote: how do they know if you've used it up already for the day? not looking to scam it or anything but how are people double/triple dipping? I suppose it's if you go to different locations?
Yes, per OP. If your features and physique are in the league of real-life spies (i.e. not at all memorable) you can probably do so at the same store over time and with different cashers.
Jan 2, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
I have gotten one as a stocking stuffer the last 2 years. The mug quality is great, keeps my coffee hot for a few hours. I still have both mugs and use them all the time. The bonus stars offer this make this deal even better!!

I would get a few cups a day at different times and places - never an issue.
Last edited by AndrewK514529 on Nov 26th, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 30, 2006
576 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
trinxified wrote: how do they know if you've used it up already for the day? not looking to scam it or anything but how are people double/triple dipping?

I suppose it's if you go to different locations?
They honestly don't care. Just don't abuse the system by like bringing a 2L thermos and filling it up or whatever nonsense people do, and you'll be fine
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7855 posts
2576 upvotes
Toronto
How do their tumblers compare to Teavana? They don't seem to have items listed on their website anymore either, so this is in-store only?