Expired Hot Deals

Starbucks

*TODAY ONLY* Coffee + Beyond Meat breakfast sandwich for $5!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2022 11:50 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5688 posts
1880 upvotes
Kanata
skyrink wrote: I personally have never bought anything from Starbucks, I make my own coffee at home like a true RFD.

But for those who go often....please elaborate for me.

So many people line up for Starbucks daily (even at the expense of being late going to work) because:

A. Starbucks coffee and foods are actually good, its worth the wait and money
B. It's a fad. Others will think highly of those holding a Starbucks item because its for the rich and famous.
C. The atmosphere of a Starbucks is enticing to be in
D. Chasing for Starbucks reward points is fun and addictive
For me it's C. It's the only easily accessible coffee place that actually smells great to be indoor. Mcd always smells like fries, Tims is not bad, but I find the lighting to be too bright. SB feels very cozy indoors.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Nov 15, 2021
26 posts
7 upvotes
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but customizations to the drinks are free as well. In addition to the deal also applying to Cafe Mistos, I am able to customize it with whatever I like and the price still stays at $5.25
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6490 posts
6395 upvotes
kangmlee wrote: Superior to Tim's but not McDonalds, at least in Canada
Good lord no.

And that's coming from someone who loves McDonald's coffee.

Yes, the regular drip brew coffee from McD's is *almost* as good as Starbucks, but McDonald's espresso and espresso drinks don't hold a candle to Starbucks... not even close.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1033 posts
4699 upvotes
Vancouver Island
I like Starbucks for their consistently good drinks, pretty much anywhere around the world. My favorite coffee is a Blonde roast Flat White. (It's like a Latte but a bit stronger)

And like a true RFDer, when I've accumulated a Free Coffee with the app.... I customize it to $11.00 (8 expresso shots and lots of different sugary things)
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2008
1037 posts
728 upvotes
Was pretty good. Can barely tell the difference between the beyond meat and the real deal. Only difference is I don't have the sick greasy feeling after. Would I pay $10 for this? No. But I'll definitely grab it again for $5.
Mar 5, 2020
120 posts
564 upvotes
Toronto, ON
KanataKG wrote: Totally depends on what you're ordering...

I go for either a regular coffee with milk, or espresso shots/americano - they are roughly the same price as getting coffee at Timmy's. I'm sure there are better specialty coffee places out there, but Starbucks are everywhere, the rewards system is generous (especially if you take advantage of bonus star dashes), and the coffee is far superior to fast food places.

The atmosphere is not bad either, I used to sit around and use the wifi between university classes, but rarely hang out there these days.

If you're there for the unicorn frappucino, then yeah probably a fad
Another thing I like about working/studying there is that if you’re one of their rewards members, you can get unlimited refills on brewed coffee/tea.

When you’re a uni student trying to cram for exams, 3-4 coffees for the price of 1 is dope.
If it's free it's for me!

Save money, live better!
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1328 posts
1138 upvotes
Montreal
KanataKG wrote: Good lord no.

And that's coming from someone who loves McDonald's coffee.

Yes, the regular drip brew coffee from McD's is *almost* as good as Starbucks, but McDonald's espresso and espresso drinks don't hold a candle to Starbucks... not even close.
Yes but the OP was talking about the regular filter coffee. Starbucks might be slightly better but not worth the price difference

But yes, other coffee beverages are much better at Starbucks and Tim Hortons is fake crap when it comes to that.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32357 posts
13996 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: Yes, but Tim Hortons uses fresh cracked eggs
Granted, they only started doing this a short time ago. Funny enough Tim's fans (the people that would go there) many of them actually complained that they switched from the processed/folded "egg product" they were using before :lol:
Dec 12, 2019
214 posts
185 upvotes
Can we get them to add in egg bites into the sandwich? How do we get the most egg into this beast?
Mar 4, 2022
17 posts
55 upvotes
Thanks OP! I wanted to try something from beyond meat for a while. Not great but I needed lunch and this was suitable. I got a cafe misto with some add-ins and it was still only $5. Great deal!
Feb 28, 2018
126 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
So I checked, and the eggs already come with the sandwich. They are already pre-packaged in a plastic wrapping when they get to the store.
So when you ask to remove eggs, someone will open the sandwich, and pull the egg out and then put the sandwich in the toaster.
Just FYI to folks who do not consume eggs, like myself!
Dec 23, 2015
918 posts
1817 upvotes
skyrink wrote: I personally have never bought anything from Starbucks, I make my own coffee at home like a true RFD.

But for those who go often....please elaborate for me.

So many people line up for Starbucks daily (even at the expense of being late going to work) because:

A. Starbucks coffee and foods are actually good, its worth the wait and money
B. It's a fad. Others will think highly of those holding a Starbucks item because its for the rich and famous.
C. The atmosphere of a Starbucks is enticing to be in
D. Chasing for Starbucks reward points is fun and addictive
I rarely buy coffee but aside from different product offerings Starbucks service is hands down better than at Tim's or McD's. In my experience Tim's has gotten my order wrong with regularity, occasionally at McD's and never at SB's. It's also my subjective opinion that it's a more comfortable atmosphere at SB's if you consume your coffee in store.
Jun 10, 2013
38 posts
130 upvotes
Mississauga
Thank you, OP, my dinner for tonight!
Images
  • Screenshot_20220407-210547_Starbucks.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)