• Sep 9th, 2020 1:21 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1237 posts
536 upvotes
Calgary, AB

YMMV Starbucks app free shots with brewed coffee

Needed to burn 75 stars today, and after I realized that a brewed coffee was only 50 stars I went and added a shot. The shot was included in the 50 star purchase. I can only assume this is intentional.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1837 posts
1509 upvotes
Toronto
Fort McMurray wrote: Needed to burn 75 stars today, and after I realized that a brewed coffee was only 50 stars I went and added a shot. The shot was included in the 50 star purchase. I can only assume this is intentional.
Customs are always free no (when paying with stars) ?
You can add the lot and it'll be the stars for the main item.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Sep 14, 2018
268 posts
330 upvotes
neonic wrote: Customs are always free no (when paying with stars) ?
You can add the lot and it'll be the stars for the main item.
So.... how did it taste? Winking Face
Jan 29, 2008
459 posts
100 upvotes
asmcar wrote: So.... how did it taste? Winking Face
The screen shots appear to be from California, so I doubt it was OPs. Apparently 50 stars buys you a lot more (than just brewed coffee) there.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4533 posts
6165 upvotes
Vancouver
Again, WHY is this in hot deals??? OP didn't know the Starbucks rules??
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Aug 11, 2012
206 posts
183 upvotes
Halifax
Not a hot deal, or deal for that matter. But good use of the stars under the Starbucks Rewards program, so it should probably be under discussions.

The drink in my screenshot was 50 stars and pretty good – I didn't want it too sweet on purpose. I would probably reorder.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200831-140223.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1837 posts
1509 upvotes
Toronto
asmcar wrote: So.... how did it taste? Winking Face
I didn't order, just added to show how it works.

^gUrU wrote: The screen shots appear to be from California, so I doubt it was OPs. Apparently 50 stars buys you a lot more (than just brewed coffee) there.
it's not. CA probably standing for Canada there.
Castlefield & Caledonia CA https://www.starbucks.ca/store-locator/ ... b-4-b-3-ca

And yes. they are my screenshots, I didn't order tho.
Jan 29, 2008
459 posts
100 upvotes
neonic wrote: it's not. CA probably standing for Canada there.
Curious.. just checked, and it seems to be a one-off (in that area it's just that store that ends in CA). Names seem to be very localized (presumably because it just reports stores near you via GPS).. not mentioning municipality or province. Hadn't notice Misto were considered "brewed coffee".. I mean, I guess they are the way SB makes them (sounds like way too much milk and pretty mild flavour with only 50% coffee) but with extra shots it might be palatable.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1837 posts
1509 upvotes
Toronto
^gUrU wrote: Curious.. just checked, and it seems to be a one-off (in that area it's just that store that ends in CA). Names seem to be very localized (presumably because it just reports stores near you via GPS).. not mentioning municipality or province. Hadn't notice Misto were considered "brewed coffee".. I mean, I guess they are the way SB makes them (sounds like way too much milk and pretty mild flavour with only 50% coffee) but with extra shots it might be palatable.

Yeah, tbh I never gave much attention to the name.
I normally go there I'm driving, as most of other Starbucks around (between Yonge x Dufferin/Caledonia x St Clain and 401) doesn't have parking, and this one is just next to Lowes, so plenty of space. I think they just opened one on dufferin, not far from Yorkdale mall, but with parking as well.

as for coffee misto - I didn't quite like it, but was one of the "Hacks" I think from this thread: starbucks-rewards-redemption-devaluatio ... s-2265959/ on how to "mimic" those fancy ones (which I don't like much tbh ahah) I'm a more of black coffee drinker, - So most of the time I just get a red eye...
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11738 posts
1770 upvotes
Vancouver
Dunno where else to ask but I have an offer for 100 stars.

What is this item include....Any Teavana® Tea ? Does Starbucks only serve Teavana or do they have use other tea?

Thanks