Real Estate

StatsCan: Government set to double Canada's population by 2043, with a large portion of new Canadians settling in Toront

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2019 9:16 pm
31 replies
Penalty Box
Aug 11, 2005
4175 posts
1410 upvotes
Won’t happen unless there’s jobs to support them. Unless they are all rich immigrants with suitcases full of cash, then bring em on, we need more people to tax!
Political avatars and signature are not permitted.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
18323 posts
3235 upvotes
Toronto
So a 2.93% growth rate per year when both domestic growth and immigration are combined? That sounds like it's actually lower than what we've had for the past few decades.
[OP]
Aug 24, 2010
101 posts
94 upvotes
Luckyinfil wrote: Won’t happen unless there’s jobs to support them. Unless they are all rich immigrants with suitcases full of cash, then bring em on, we need more people to tax!
Love how you try to spin each story to support your bearish views ! Just admit that majority of the immigrants to Canada somehow end up in the GTA and that means the real estate is gonna go up! Grimacing Face

Anyways with the whole Hong Kong situation it’s already happening! Those guys are coming here with suitcases full of cash Winking Face
Penalty Box
Aug 11, 2005
4175 posts
1410 upvotes
Delilah14 wrote: Love how you try to spin each story to support your bearish views ! Just admit that majority of the immigrants to Canada somehow end up in the GTA and that means the real estate is gonna go up! Grimacing Face

Anyways with the whole Hong Kong situation it’s already happening! Those guys are coming here with suitcases full of cash Winking Face
That’s awesome! We should increase the land transfer taxes and offload more health services to the city (doggie, doggie, teach me how to Dougie @Sanyo )
Penalty Box
Aug 11, 2005
4175 posts
1410 upvotes
Perhaps basic universal income will be a reality with all these wealthy immigrants we can tax
[OP]
Aug 24, 2010
101 posts
94 upvotes
Luckyinfil wrote: Perhaps basic universal income will be a reality with all these wealthy immigrants we can tax
All I will do is laugh at you Face With Tears Of Joy such a joker 🤣
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
2462 posts
1774 upvotes
Good, someone needs to pay my healthcare bills, OAS by that time especially as I'm not having kids.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
10869 posts
6084 upvotes
Delilah14 wrote: All I will do is laugh at you Face With Tears Of Joy such a joker 🤣
I get the feeling that he doesn't want to work...or he's just a troll.
[OP]
Aug 24, 2010
101 posts
94 upvotes
JayLove06 wrote: I get the feeling that he doesn't want to work...or he's just a troll.
Maybe he’s a basement dweller in his parents basement. Just so Jealous and angry at the world or the rest of the population who have attained success through education and hard work .
The dude has a lot of time on his hands
Jul 30, 2005
718 posts
280 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Luckyinfil wrote: Perhaps basic universal income will be a reality with all these wealthy immigrants we can tax
If you love communism, move to Venezuela.
May 18, 2015
484 posts
679 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Delilah14 wrote: Guess where they all wanna settle! In the GTA!
Bring it on!

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/commen ... /?sort=top
Did you read the comments in your own link? Even the left doesn't want the type of unfettered immigration and population growth that's being proposed. This is a rare occasion where the left, center and right are increasingly in agreement. This policy is politically untennable going forward, so it's not going to happen. But keep dreaming.
Penalty Box
Dec 30, 2012
1097 posts
1143 upvotes
Toronto
Two comments:

1) I’m glad I’m on track to obtain EU citizenship soon.

2) You don’t think Canadians will at some point object to their cities being utterly inundated with foreigners displacing them? Already around 50% of Canadians want less immigration, not more (source: Angus Reid poll). Unless the treasonous Liberals change the suffrage rules, foreigners cannot vote in our elections.
Last edited by civiclease on Sep 19th, 2019 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)