Expired Hot Deals

[StayVancouverHotels] Vancouver Hotel Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2020 12:16 pm
Oct 24, 2009
766 posts
845 upvotes
Vancouver
For most chain hotels (especially Marriott chain), all you need to do is book here and call a day or two later and ask the hotel to link your Marriott membership number to the reservation. Shortly after that, you will find the reservation under your Marriott account. This website is not the regular OTA website. Hotels do not pay any commission for this bookings thus, no reason for hotels not to honour the membership program. In addition, if you have Marriott Amex, use that for booking this. From last year, they now charge directly from the hotel you are booking from. If you are booking one of the Marriott hotel, you will be getting 5x points.
Oct 15, 2019
20 posts
32 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: It might be more useful to let people know which chain you tried it at, and specifically what you tried to get points applied. I've had success at multiple Marriott hotels so there's that:
i stayed at the westin bayshore a couple of years ago and specifically asked for points and stay credits. no go. this was before the marriott takeover.
last year i stayed at the holiday inn on granville and again, asked for stay credits and points unsuccessfully.
this year i might stay at the sheraton again and i will try for points/stay credit.
Oct 24, 2009
766 posts
845 upvotes
Vancouver
BenS14629 wrote: i stayed at the westin bayshore a couple of years ago and specifically asked for points and stay credits. no go. this was before the marriott takeover.
last year i stayed at the holiday inn on granville and again, asked for stay credits and points unsuccessfully.
this year i might stay at the sheraton again and i will try for points/stay credit.
My advise is to call them prior to check-in. If you get run around, you at least have time to call again to try your luck with a different person. You should also point out the comment I have on above post if you are denied.
Oct 15, 2019
20 posts
32 upvotes
taya1214 wrote: My advise is to call them prior to check-in. If you get run around, you at least have time to call again to try your luck with a different person. You should also point out the comment I have on above post if you are denied.
YES!!! i reserved at a marriott and i got the reservation reference from the hotel and it now appears on my account page. this looks like it will earn points and stay credit. excellent news.
May 18, 2018
384 posts
306 upvotes
I guess it depends on what each person is looking for, but I got a way better deal booking a 3 star hotel through Hotwire, $69 per night plus taxes, downtown Vancouver (Yaletown).
Aug 18, 2011
161 posts
73 upvotes
Going to Vancouver...in May. Looks like this promo is for the low season as my dates aren't selectable
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3963 posts
1932 upvotes
bobbyz101 wrote: Anyone ever use them before to vouch for their legitimacy?
Very seamless process when I used at Mariott. Card was ready when I checked in and the staff had it ready for me