Expired Hot Deals

[STEAM] 2K Weekend 2014 Sale (up to 80% off until Aug 25th)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2014 4:37 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8548 upvotes
GTHA

[STEAM] 2K Weekend 2014 Sale (up to 80% off until Aug 25th)

Deal Link:
Savings:
80%
Expiry:
August 25, 2014
More offers from STEAM
Link: http://store.steampowered.com//sale/2kp ... eekend2014

What is the best deal?
Please post what you bought. :o
Thanks
15 replies
Mar 6, 2008
859 posts
349 upvotes
Kelowna
tk1000 wrote: What is the best deal?
You posted it, shouldn't you tell us? Lol :D
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
610 upvotes
Nova Scotia
No new lower prices than the last time they had all this on sale.

As a new steam user this year after hearing all the praise for so long I'm fairly disappointed in the sales they have, any good deals are always the same repeating selection and prices :\ (or can be found cheaper elsewhere)
I'm not on the can right now, I swear
Apr 18, 2005
319 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver
Also, Borderlands 2 is free for the weekend. If you haven't played it, try before you buy.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1603 posts
980 upvotes
Toronto
Enemy Within will be getting my money (when I get home)
Aug 1, 2005
262 posts
149 upvotes
Most of these titles have been in humble bundles... These are decent prices if you didn't do the humble bundles though.
Oct 19, 2011
563 posts
181 upvotes
x2plyx wrote: No new lower prices than the last time they had all this on sale.

As a new steam user this year after hearing all the praise for so long I'm fairly disappointed in the sales they have, any good deals are always the same repeating selection and prices :\ (or can be found cheaper elsewhere)
Steam had the best sales in 2007-2010. They had really aggressive sales pricing back then. Now that they're the big boy on the block, they don't even care about outpricing the competition (Amazon, GMG) anymore, especially since most PC games nowadays are Steamworks, so people need Steam no matter where they buy games.

You missed out on Steam's golden age of sales :P
Dec 27, 2003
782 posts
51 upvotes
mcfart wrote: Steam had the best sales in 2007-2010. They had really aggressive sales pricing back then. Now that they're the big boy on the block, they don't even care about outpricing the competition (Amazon, GMG) anymore, especially since most PC games nowadays are Steamworks, so people need Steam no matter where they buy games.

You missed out on Steam's golden age of sales :P
What type of deals do you feel that you're missing now compared to back then? I only joined Steam in 2010 but other than maybe deals being held back a bit usually by big publishers, I don't feel much has changed. I suppose the disappearance of publisher packs is one thing but those have limited value for mainly new customers. It was also a different market at that time. XBL and PSN were very limited in terms of sales, there were very few competitors on PC, and bundles weren't really that prominent which is likely by far the cheapest deals now. The perception of the deal is probably the biggest thing that has changed.

I also find that Amazon and GMG have dropped off the past year or so (which is funny considering how much people seem to prop them up as being great while only Steam dropped off). Amazon seems content on mostly price matching Steam outside of offering a couple of publisher bundles. GMG have scaled back their general coupon discount with 20% being more common nowadays and even added minimum spending limits where that never existed before.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2792 posts
4465 upvotes
London, Ontario
I'd buy the Bioshock Triple Pack if I didn't already own Bioshock Infinite. I missed out on that exact same price during the Steam Summer Sale. I ended up buying Infinite and the dlcs for about $15 from Apple. Oh well.

On another note, Assetto Corsa is also on sale for $20 for the weekend.
Mar 7, 2005
755 posts
221 upvotes
Thanks! Decided to pick up the Bioshock triple pack.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)