London, Ontario

[STEAM] Aground $13.11 (similar to Terraria) - ends on 02/15 1:00 pm EST *dead*

Deal Link:
Savings:
25%
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
This game has similarities to Terraria, but not everything you can do in Terraria can be done in this game. Think of this game as Terraria's distant cousin from another land. This game came out on April 17, 2020 and got overwhelmingly positive reviews. There's also a demo for it on Steam which lets you play for quite a while if not as long as you want. I played the demo for 2 hours and then bought the game on Xbox (this game went under the radar for me on PC - I only found out about it cuz of the Xbox release). It just came out 3 days ago on Xbox/PS4, but it's not on sale on those platforms obviously. There's no jumping in the game; your guy just digs his way up, but there are rpg elements like leveling up and increasing the effectiveness of skills. Plus every time you level up you get more and more skill points to use on skills like how far you can see, how fast you can dig, how many hit points you have, etc. You can capture creatures and have them fight with you (1 at a time) and you can feed them to heal them. The game also plays really well with a controller and it's very easy to quick-link skills. Honestly, I think this game is worth full price so a 25% discount just sweetens the pot. There are also 90 achievements on Steam, 56 on Xbox and 57 trophies on PlayStation including a platinum. Enjoy!

Note: This game also has online co-op and LAN co-op in it on PC, but sadly the co-op did not make it to the console versions, but may be added later on (dev's words).

Details about the game (it says on Steam that this is just some of the stuff you can do):

Mine Ores, Gems, and other Resources
Build Structures
Complete Quests
Fight Enemies and Bosses
Craft Tools
Farm Crops
Cook Foods
Befriend NPCs (or not)
Advance your Technology
Discover Magic
Ride Vehicles and Mounts
Travel to other Islands and Planets
Raise Dragons
Capture Enemies
Level up your Skills
Go Fishing
Explore Secrets
Last edited by SoldierZeroB on Feb 15th, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 replies
May 29, 2018
286 posts
224 upvotes
Don't see the point of promoting every game on the steam sale, LOOK EVERYONE A STEAM SALE!, only article needed, no pumping random game necessary
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2857 posts
4758 upvotes
London, Ontario
Subsided wrote: Don't see the point of promoting every game on the steam sale, LOOK EVERYONE A STEAM SALE!, only article needed, no pumping random game necessary
You're right. I should have just posted this on the Steam thread. I expired it so no one else has to see it. It was my bad. I sometimes make dumb choices when I'm tired.