American Truck Simulator $6.49

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Expiry:
April 12, 2021
Retailer:
STEAM
Experience legendary American trucks and deliver various cargoes across sunny California, sandy Nevada, and the Grand Canyon State of Arizona. American Truck Simulator takes you on a journey through the breathtaking landscapes and widely recognized landmarks around the States.

75% off original Price

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is also 75% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2273 ... mulator_2/
Last edited by SamuelBrCan on Apr 9th, 2021 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Price in title
66 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8444 posts
5277 upvotes
Toronto
One of my favorite most played games on Steam. It's my go to passive relaxing game that I enjoy playing while listening to podcasts or new albums in the background. Was hoping for a better discount on the new Colorado DLC but $6.49 is a great deal for the base game
Aug 1, 2016
345 posts
547 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: One of my favorite most played games on Steam. It's my go to passive relaxing game that I enjoy playing while listening to podcasts or new albums in the background. Was hoping for a better discount on the new Colorado DLC but $6.49 is a great deal for the base game
But to get the full enjoyment out of it you have to use a wheel right?
I only have an Xbox controller.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10807 posts
5084 upvotes
DannyH17 wrote: But to get the full enjoyment out of it you have to use a wheel right?
My son and myself play with a xbox controller.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
1667 posts
1139 upvotes
Montréal
Great game, search promods for Canadian expansion (Southwestern BC for now) to this as well. Keyboard warrior on PC here!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8444 posts
5277 upvotes
Toronto
DannyH17 wrote: But to get the full enjoyment out of it you have to use a wheel right?
it's absolutely more immersive and engaging with a wheel and I used to play it with a G27 however lately I just play it with a Steam Controller using gyro steering, kick back and enjoy the scenery on my 65" TV from my couch. If you have a wheel it's definitely worth trying that way but it's also enjoyable with a controller imo.
Jul 13, 2007
177 posts
243 upvotes
Kingston, ON
I can't tell whether people in this thread are serious.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2005
1024 posts
1735 upvotes
Victoria
Siskel1 wrote: I can't tell whether people in this thread are serious.
Why wouldn't they be? I've seen people on twitch streaming this game with plenty of viewers.
Mar 14, 2018
478 posts
525 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Amazing series of game, both ETS2 and ATS2. New lighting engine really brought more life to it. Some decent deals on the map expansions if you don't have them. Totally worth it!
American Express Platinum | Rogers World Elite
Author of The American Express Atlas
iPhone 12 Pro Max | Apple Watch Series 4 | MacBook Pro 2019 | SKYFALL 6.0
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5762 posts
2303 upvotes
Debtario
Cross country Canada was the OG trucking game.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
[OP]
Jan 8, 2020
18 posts
89 upvotes
Siskel1 wrote: I can't tell whether people in this thread are serious.
I work with Logistics and was waiting for a deal on this game to see a little bit of the reality that the contractors might deal with. And looks like a good option for relaxing while doing a virtual road trip.
Nov 23, 2004
810 posts
1421 upvotes
Ontario
This game and Farm Sim are my two "go to" relaxation games that get a lot of play time. As someone else said, they're great to throw a podcast or some tunes on and relax playing after a long day at work when I want something mindless to do for a couple hours! Plus, enjoying a whisky or beer while driving in a sim is perfectly acceptable haha

Most people I tell that I play them laugh at me, then download them on a Steam sale, and come back to tell me how mindlessly relaxing they are.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1454 posts
983 upvotes
Toronto
How big are the maps? Is it the actual scale size of the full state?
Feb 1, 2012
534 posts
184 upvotes
Montreal
blazed16 wrote: My son and myself play with a xbox controller.
Quick question as I want to use Xbox controller with my gaming laptop... And play with my kid too Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

- do you have 2 controllers? No connectivity issues?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2968 posts
759 upvotes
Belle River
People say it's relaxing but isn't it hard to learn to control?

I own some of these from bundles and such but never got around to ever trying one. I have wheels too, maybe I should one of these days.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8444 posts
5277 upvotes
Toronto
Krispy1 wrote: How big are the maps? Is it the actual scale size of the full state?
No it isn't a 1:1 scale, that would be crazy. It's basically all the major cities and connecting highways scaled down in a way that still captures the vibe and atmosphere of the real thing. I've driven from San Diego to LA a bunch of times in real life and the game does a great job of recreating the general environment and feel of that drive. In real life that's about a 2 hour drive but in the game that would only take about 30 min.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8444 posts
5277 upvotes
Toronto
hystavito wrote: People say it's relaxing but isn't it hard to learn to control?
There's a bit of a learning curve to parking but it lets you choose between easy or difficult loading spots or you can skip it entirely. Actual driving is pretty easy, especially if you use automatic transmission and even manual is fairly straight forward if you're already used to driving stick as it's the same idea just with more gears.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8444 posts
5277 upvotes
Toronto
hainkurt wrote: are these different games, or same game with different map bundle?
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is 5.49$
Different games, ETS is the older original game that has an overall bigger map with all the DLC at this point. They both play very similarly and use the same engine