Expired Hot Deals

[STEAM] AppGameKit: Easy Game Development (FREE)

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 9:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
8612 posts
9996 upvotes
GT-EH

[STEAM] AppGameKit: Easy Game Development (FREE)

Deal Link:
Price:
FREE
Savings:
100% Off
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
AppGameKit is a powerful game development engine, ideal for Hobbyist and Indie developers.
Choose to code in the easy to learn AppGameKit BASIC or use our libraries in C++ & XCode.
Write your code once and deploy easily to multiple mobile & desktop platforms.

Normally $109.99 CAD - Free to keep when you get it before 19 May @ 10:00am.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3251 ... velopment/
Decrapifying the X1 Extreme
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
19 replies
Mar 30, 2017
154 posts
122 upvotes
Thanks OP I dont know why I need this but now it's mine
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
1936 posts
233 upvotes
Burnaby
thanks OP
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2152 posts
1176 upvotes
montreal
So I only have to login and click to add to my account?

Thanks OP
Aug 2, 2017
6 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal
Seems to be the demo version.
Aug 18, 2018
10 posts
14 upvotes
It's demo only, one of the comment said
To say the least, I'm highly upset that the developers weren't upfront about the "free for a limited time" offer, which the download button touted as "free to keep when you get it before..." was actually just the demo version, and nothing tells you that until after you launch the software for the first time. Now, I'm not saying anyone did anything malicious on purpose, but I'm under the impression that the developers wanted to trick people into downloading the demo version thinking they were getting the full version just to coax people to try it.

I'm okay with demos, but PLEASE be upfront about it. This actually tricked one of my Discord server's staff members into announcing it as a "free software giveaway" (as we normally tell our members about) because the fact that it isn't a trial is mentioned nowhere on the store page.

So how good is the software? I don't know, because I refuse to use it. I refuse to buy it. I'm not going to support a company that does things like this. I don't know that the terms of the trial version are, because I can't find them. I don't want to use it then find out later the terms where "only for a short period" and can't use it at all anymore.

Buyer beware.
But if you need it, it should be good chance to try rather directly buying it
Jan 4, 2014
68 posts
26 upvotes
Paris
I hate when companies pull @$%% like this. I was going to tell a teen who enjoys games and coding. Wish they can be honest in their "promotions"
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2765 posts
1410 upvotes
Montreal
That's one expensive demo at $109.99 regular price.

virtuman1980 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2013 8:56 am
Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote:
Feb 19th, 2013 12:35 am
... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
Oct 13, 2009
928 posts
422 upvotes
Grabbed it just in case. Worst case, it sits in my steam library
:rolleyes:
Apr 1, 2015
84 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is awesome, thanks for sharing.
Aug 17, 2012
230 posts
119 upvotes
COQUITLAM
I'm going to give the devs the benefit of the doubt for now and it's just an error on their part.

I think they want to get people to use their software because they have another version of the AppGameKit coming out next month so they want to use their old version to promote their upcoming app.

It makes no sense for them to intentionally piss off all their possible future customers by pulling **** like this.
May 20, 2006
230 posts
253 upvotes
Edmonton
Better to just add it to your account anyway as according to some Steam reviews the author says this is a mistake and will be rectified:

"Hi, yes it would seem that the wrong build is being distributed by Steam. Sorry about this mistake, we will get it rectified with Valve on Monday when they are back working and everyone who selects the free version while it's on offer WILL get the full version, you have my word. Again, very sorry for this delivery mishap it was never our intention to mislead anyone."
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
1527 posts
1061 upvotes
Kitchener
NOOOO I MISSED IT NOOOOOOO
Gaming: i5 4570, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Media: i5 6400, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Everyday: i5 6400, GTX 1060 6gb, 8GB RAM
Laptop: i7 9750H, RTX 2060 6GB, 16GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb

Join a RFD'ers gaming discord server: https://discord.gg/pWch2YP
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3326 posts
1079 upvotes
Quebec
kentbrockman wrote:
May 19th, 2019 10:56 am
Better to just add it to your account anyway as according to some Steam reviews the author says this is a mistake and will be rectified:

"Hi, yes it would seem that the wrong build is being distributed by Steam. Sorry about this mistake, we will get it rectified with Valve on Monday when they are back working and everyone who selects the free version while it's on offer WILL get the full version, you have my word. Again, very sorry for this delivery mishap it was never our intention to mislead anyone."
For those that already installed it, can we uninstall and install the full version instead?
Jan 4, 2014
68 posts
26 upvotes
Paris
Well lots of us didn't "jump" on it becaUSE of the Demo version. Maybe STEAM will repost and allow people to actually take advantage when they correct their mistake.