Deal Link:
Price:
$3.95
Savings:
82%
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
gold includes all expansions. pickups, SUVs, traderpack, visual tuning, youngtimer.

New cars, new tools, new options, more parts and much more fun in the next version of Car Mechanic Simulator! Take your wrench! Create and expand your auto repairs service empire. Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 will take you behind the scenes of daily routine in car workshop
20 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21166 posts
10599 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Will I be able to do my own brakes and install some spark plugs after playing this game? If so, deal is hawt.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1696 posts
514 upvotes
Montréal, QC
sounds interesting!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1132 posts
464 upvotes
I've always wanted to learn more about cars. Are the simulations real enough that if I don't know anything about cars, after playing I'll be able to change my oil and simple maintenance and repairs in real life?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1710 posts
1264 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: Will I be able to do my own brakes and install some spark plugs after playing this game? If so, deal is hawt.
Spark plugs are super easy lol..
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6162 posts
4903 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What I wouldn't give for a beige corolla dlc pack.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21166 posts
10599 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
aeba7 wrote: What I wouldn't give for a beige corolla dlc pack.
With 2JZ swap
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Jan 26, 2014
882 posts
526 upvotes
Toronto, ON
renegadeavenger wrote: Spark plugs are super easy lol..
On a transverse v6 not so easy on a 4 cyl pretty easy and that's not getting into mid or rear mounted engines.
I quit RFD.
May 19, 2006
167 posts
48 upvotes
Brantford
This is funny. I am getting tired of the grease and bloody knuckles and the hours on my back in my driveway. Been my own mechanic for over 20 years and helped many many friends with repairs. I'm looking for ways to NOT fix cars and you guys want to learn how.. :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8265 posts
3460 upvotes
Markham
I'm seeing $5.03 for the gold pack. $3.95 is just the base game.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1834 posts
1178 upvotes
CantMissADeal wrote: I've always wanted to learn more about cars. Are the simulations real enough that if I don't know anything about cars, after playing I'll be able to change my oil and simple maintenance and repairs in real life?
I've only played this game for a few hours, but my response would be "sort of". While the repairs are generally accurate, they might skip a few minor things here or there that would important IRL. That said, if you wanted to learn how to replace your brake pads or replace oil, you'd probably be better off learning this procedure from a YouTube video than this game. The game is helpful in learning about the different parts on a car, ie what they do, where are, etc. Not a particularly fun game, but interesting enough, and fairly relaxing... Its almost like a jigsaw puzzle in that you need to disassemble a section of the car, fix it, and then rebuild it.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1400 posts
342 upvotes
Calgary
This game is more of a high level mechanic game similar to the old gearhead garage. It is a good introduction to what parts are actually there and how they work together, but the work itself is generally just removing bolts and clicking parts on.
Mar 8, 2006
872 posts
100 upvotes
I had the 2014 game from a humble bundle I guess. Played half hour, then quit, felt like work.
It is something you can do in real life, why play a game? I agree not detailed enough to learn from, better off Watching YouTube.
The brake job is too simplistic. No bleeding, both lines and knuckles....