Expired Hot Deals

[STEAM] Cosmic Star Heroine $1.69 - rpg from creators of Cthulhu Saves the World

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2020 8:47 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2798 posts
4468 upvotes
London, Ontario

[STEAM] Cosmic Star Heroine $1.69 - rpg from creators of Cthulhu Saves the World

Deal Link:
Savings:
90%
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
This game got 77 on Metacritic and 90% positive on Steam out of 388 reviews. Enjoy!

The sale ends June 15th at 1:00 pm EST.

About the game:

3 exotic planets to explore. Aliens. Robots. Magic. Forbidden technology. Ruined Worlds. Ghosts. Long-lost secrets. Conspiracies. A galactic threat. And one brave heroine to make things right. Cosmic Star Heroine is an exciting new RPG from the creators of Cthulhu Saves the World.

Indie, jrpg, sci-fi, 2d, pixel graphics, single player, achievements, trading cards, full controller support, cloud, remote play on tv.

Features:

The best of classic and modern RPGs!
Brisk pacing that respects your time! Save anywhere!
No separate battle screen! Battles take place directly in the areas that you explore!
2D visual style straight from the height of gaming's 16-bit era!
Animated cutscenes reminiscent of the Sega CD & Turbo Duo era!
Soundtrack by HyperDuck SoundWorks (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Precipice of Darkness 4)!
Over 100 minutes of music!
Multi-character combo techniques!
Innovative turn-based combat system that focuses on flow & strategy!
Your own spaceship! Recruit new agents to help your home base grow!
6 replies
Feb 28, 2005
319 posts
158 upvotes
Montreal
Great price. This game has some good features, but I petered out after 4 hours or so of gameplay. It’s, well, kind of boring, I guess.
Mar 7, 2011
533 posts
392 upvotes
Brampton
Looks like chrono trigger! I’m in!
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2477 posts
4217 upvotes
Toronto
It a steal at this price. Inspired by Chrono Trigger.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1676 posts
3453 upvotes
Great game, very nostalgic. But gets super easy near end game. But I still enjoyed it.
Feb 14, 2004
268 posts
65 upvotes
North York
ZooLoo wrote: Great price. This game has some good features, but I petered out after 4 hours or so of gameplay. It’s, well, kind of boring, I guess.
At this price, I'd say buy this game, even for a short trip down memory lane if you enjoyed 16-bit JRPGs.

I felt the same boredom around the same time (4 hours), but pushed through.

Once I really understood the battle system (which the game does a very poor job of teaching you) it got better.

But now I'm at the 12 hour mark and don't feel compelled to continue.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)