• Oct 7th, 2019 6:05 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes

Destiny 2 Steam Free

Saw that Destiny 2 is free on steam. Not sure how long it has been like this or maybe it's been free before. Not a great game but if it's free why not add it to your collection.
28 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
2022 posts
8939 upvotes
Sure I’ll add it to my catalogue. It can join the other 95% of games in my catalogue that I don’t play.
how do i remove my signature?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
rubikas001 wrote: Saw that Destiny 2 is free on steam. Not sure how long it has been like this or maybe it's been free before. Not a great game but if it's free why not add it to your collection.
I would argue destiny 2 is a fantastic game. I get the impression many have crazy high expectations of it which is a reflection of how passionate their community is...for better or worse.

The game is now free to play for the base game and moving forward, will have piece meal expansions. The most recent expansion, shadowkeep, i think comes with all the previous content as well.

Its a game that requires time though...how many have put in hundreds of hours into the game. Ive had some fantastic memories raiding and playing with friends and strangers a like...but the time commitment was just unreasonable for those who like to enjoy more than just destiny.
Last edited by halcyon on Oct 4th, 2019 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 29, 2012
268 posts
277 upvotes
WINNIPEG
I was addicted to Destiny 1 back in the day. Close to 1000 hours, completed all the content. Without my friends and clan it wouldn't have been as fun and rewarding. Three kids later, sorry bungie can't find the time.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8910 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
they tweaked Destiny 2 a bit so you can go F2P. There is actually a lot of content available and plenty of dungeons and raids included. Armor drops like normal but I think I read weapons are hand placed.
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes
halcyon wrote: I would argue destiny 2 is a fantastic game. I get the impression many have crazy high expectations of it which is a reflection of how passionate their community is...for better or worse.

The game is now free to play for the base game and moving forward, will have piece meal expansions. The most recent expansion, shadowkeep, i think comes with all the previous content as well.

Its a game that requires time though...how many have put in hundreds of hours into the game. Ive had some fantastic memories raiding and playing with friends and strangers a like...but in the time commitment was just unreasonable for those who like to enjoy more than just destiny.
Tbh the main reason why I said it isn't a great game is cause of the amount of other people that also say it isn't a great game lol. But it really isn't a bad game considering the base game is free now.
Nov 13, 2016
457 posts
652 upvotes
Ontario
Isnt this just free to play and not to own?
Still being robbed by Canada's Telecos.
Looking forward to dotmobile.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5438 posts
4856 upvotes
Toronto
I tried it earlier, not for me unfortunately but I can see why others may like it.

You start at level 750 for some reason, the loading screens are super annoying, I did a couple of dungeon crawl style missions with random players (mindless horde style AI) and tried the PvP, some what unbalanced nothing special.

Felt like it's a huge grind, but that's just my opinion. Also it's like a 80GB download or something huge like that.

On the plus side the visuals look nice in many areas.
Feb 19, 2010
612 posts
314 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
It’s free to play for the Year 1 stuff now. Forsaken or Shadowkeep expansions need a purchase plus now they have season passes.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2996 posts
601 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know
MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM; AMD Ryzen 5 3600; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB + 16GB; WD Black SN770 1TB;
Jun 12, 2013
493 posts
354 upvotes
Never played Destiny 1, but I got into Destiny 2 to the point of it being an addiction - albeit controlled.

It is a super fun game with great gameplay, controls and content.

Highly recommend giving it a do - what do you have to lose for free?

It's also a gorgeous game that is HDR capable - serene visuals.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1448 upvotes
Sarnia
Well played the two on console and will be interested to see it on pc in terms of community and such. With it being free no reason not to add it for me. Thanks @rubikas001 for sharing this info.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2460 posts
2941 upvotes
Laputa
zhadj030 wrote: Isnt this just free to play and not to own?
I paid $50+ for it...

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂
Jun 20, 2012
83 posts
128 upvotes
Aurora
hassanmahmood wrote: Never played Destiny 1, but I got into Destiny 2 to the point of it being an addiction - albeit controlled.

It is a super fun game with great gameplay, controls and content.

Highly recommend giving it a do - what do you have to lose for free?

It's also a gorgeous game that is HDR capable - serene visuals.
You lose time and a lot of it. :)
The one resource that you can't buy more of
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
I played a lot of Destiny 2 when it came out, it's a great game to play with friends but when they slowly burn out and realize the grind and the lootboxes, it got boring real quick.

Mechanically it's a great game .
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
Looks and plays great but the content isn't for everyone.
Nov 7, 2013
304 posts
166 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
the game has now launched f2p.... not really a hot deal.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I played it at launch through to Osiris on PC when it launched and had a fantastic time with it until I didn't. Haven't touched it since then even though all I heard were good things about how they turned it around with the major DLCs I never got - I just wasn't willing to sink more money into it.

But you get Destiny 2 with all of the DLC including shadowkeep with Stadia Founders Edition so I'm definitely going to check it out again when Stadia drops next month. Will play it on Stadia on my PC perfectly capable of playing it without Stadia... :P No way I'm playing Destiny with a controller... :/
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2987 posts
2369 upvotes
Fredericton
The free version, New Light, is also available on all supported platforms, not just Steam, fwiw.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)