80% Off
Expiry:
May 10, 2019
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
Historical lowest prices for one of the best RPGs out there:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/3734 ... d_Edition/

Sequel (rated even better than the first game) also on sale for historical lowest: https://store.steampowered.com/app/4351 ... e_Edition/
19 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1127 posts
1096 upvotes
West GTA
I played the first and LOVED it. Superb RPG. The cost of entry here is incredibly low. Note that the first one has a very tough final battle, so worth reviewing some strategies to make sure that the party you bring in is equipped to succeed. I wasn't able to beat the boss because I didn't have the right setup. If you're a fan of RPGs, this is a no-brainer.

I've heard the second one is even better, which seems almost ludicrous to me given the first was so good.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1938 posts
1930 upvotes
grumble wrote: I played the first and LOVED it. Superb RPG. The cost of entry here is incredibly low. Note that the first one has a very tough final battle, so worth reviewing some strategies to make sure that the party you bring in is equipped to succeed. I wasn't able to beat the boss because I didn't have the right setup. If you're a fan of RPGs, this is a no-brainer.

I've heard the second one is even better, which seems almost ludicrous to me given the first was so good.
I haven't played the first, but have played the second one and its easily one of my favourite games.
Nov 20, 2018
75 posts
52 upvotes
Fantastic deal for DOS2. Not usually an RPG fan but DOS2 became a huuuuuge time sink! Well worth it.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1091 posts
736 upvotes
Quebec City
Those are great games. I can't play CRPGs anymore but for those who likes them, D:OS2 is easily the CRPGs of the decade.
Jan 29, 2019
4 posts
3 upvotes
Me and my gf played the hell out of the second game. Great co-op RPG, or even solo.

Highly recommend at this price
Oct 2, 2013
365 posts
188 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Got this for cheap on PS4 a few weeks back. Worth it, this game is amazing. Have sunk a ton of time already with a buddy, we've barely scratched the surface. We could be done by 2020 with how in depth this game is.
Dec 24, 2017
830 posts
689 upvotes
Amazing game, but like every other game in this genre, these games are a huge time investment 100+ hours. If you can get immersed in these kind of games and have the time then it's worth every penny even at full price.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3476 posts
1571 upvotes
Excellent games. Two of the few games that prioritize actual gameplay above all else (unlike TW3, for example). I wish there were more games like these being made these days.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1861 posts
703 upvotes
This looks like a great deal but I have to pass on the second one as I have the first one and I haven't played it yet . . .the backlog is mighty, there is no doubt about it! I have the second on my wish list though and if I like the first one as much as I bet I will, I will get it at some point in the future.

Regarding The Witcher 3 . . .could you even imagine how could it would be if the gameplay was as good as the rest of the game elements?!! WOW! It is already one of the best games ever made and if they improved the gameplay and made a few tweaks . . .
Feb 2, 2017
425 posts
492 upvotes
feminazi wrote: This looks like a great deal but I have to pass on the second one as I have the first one and I haven't played it yet . . .the backlog is mighty, there is no doubt about it! I have the second on my wish list though and if I like the first one as much as I bet I will, I will get it at some point in the future.

Regarding The Witcher 3 . . .could you even imagine how could it would be if the gameplay was as good as the rest of the game elements?!! WOW! It is already one of the best games ever made and if they improved the gameplay and made a few tweaks . . .
This series should be at the front of the backlog. Best game I've played in a decade.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1861 posts
703 upvotes
jaydubz wrote: This series should be at the front of the backlog. Best game I've played in a decade.
Wow, seriously!? That is damned high praise . . . I need to get on that then . . .but that backlog!! I will definitely strongly consider putting DOS higher in the queue because of your comment though! It is rare to get an "all-timer" movie, game, book etc. etc. so when you find one you should hit it hard. As others on here have mentioned, it is better to hit the best hard than to waste your time on mediocrity.
Mar 17, 2006
314 posts
53 upvotes
D:OS2 is a stupendous game. So full of life and character. Really entertaining if you have any interest in D&D, fantasy, storytelling with multiple ways to 'finish' a quest, isometric views, multiplayer shenanigans, turn based combat, etc. HIghly recommend. What a fun, zany game full of really kookie moments. Some investment required to learn how to play it, but honestly with everything new you learn in the game, it enables you to perform even more satisfying shenanigans. Larian (studio) really put in a lot of passion and love into the game. I rarely 'review' stuff but these guys deserve the gold star.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1861 posts
703 upvotes
Devatox wrote: D:OS2 is a stupendous game. So full of life and character. Really entertaining if you have any interest in D&D, fantasy, storytelling with multiple ways to 'finish' a quest, isometric views, multiplayer shenanigans, turn based combat, etc. HIghly recommend. What a fun, zany game full of really kookie moments. Some investment required to learn how to play it, but honestly with everything new you learn in the game, it enables you to perform even more satisfying shenanigans. Larian (studio) really put in a lot of passion and love into the game. I rarely 'review' stuff but these guys deserve the gold star.
I was born in the 70s. I played D&D in the old days. I played Gold Box SSI games (on the Commodore 64!!!) and if that means anything to you then you know where I am coming from. :)

Damn you guys are making me want to fire up the first game to get a taste!

Since I already own the first I am not going to skip to the second and I definitely have other games to finish (Pillars of Eternity, Bloodborne and others . . .my backlog of seriously good games is quite large!!) but the second is on the wishlist so I will probably buy it during during one of the sales this year or next. There is no point spending 33 bucks and having the game sit in the backlog for a year or more . . .
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19395 posts
6473 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
DOS2 the best game I've played in a long time. Well worth full price. Other recent games in the same vein like pillars are not nearly as good.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)