Expired Hot Deals

[STEAM] Divinity:Original Sin 1 $8.79 / Original Sin 2 $32.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2019 4:14 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3327 posts
1356 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: DOS2 the best game I've played in a long time. Well worth full price. Other recent games in the same vein like pillars are not nearly as good.
I've kicked the tires on Pillars a few times. The writing is nice but like TW3, it suffers from lack of gameplay or at least cumbersome gameplay. It's hard to put my finger on what exactly didn't grab me about it. I loved the Baldur's Gate series years ago but this somehow didn't have the magic. In fact, my lack of enjoyment of it has made me hold off on buying other games like Tyranny. If we could have the writing of Pillars with the mechanics of D:OS in say a modernized Dragon Age engine....now that would be amazing! I should add that I didn't particularly enjoy playing D:OS alone. I find many of the themes to be kind of infantile and there's too much stuff in it that supposed to be cute or funny which just isn't.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1645 posts
548 upvotes
txenglan wrote: I've kicked the tires on Pillars a few times. The writing is nice but like TW3, it suffers from lack of gameplay or at least cumbersome gameplay. It's hard to put my finger on what exactly didn't grab me about it. I loved the Baldur's Gate series years ago but this somehow didn't have the magic. In fact, my lack of enjoyment of it has made me hold off on buying other games like Tyranny. If we could have the writing of Pillars with the mechanics of D:OS in say a modernized Dragon Age engine....now that would be amazing! I should add that I didn't particularly enjoy playing D:OS alone. I find many of the themes to be kind of infantile and there's too much stuff in it that supposed to be cute or funny which just isn't.
I think PoE is a very good game but I don't think it is an all-timer, unfortunately. I made it pretty far in the game but I haven't completed it yet . . .that generally doesn't happen with all-timers.
Apr 8, 2017
942 posts
639 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
BinaryJay wrote: DOS2 the best game I've played in a long time. Well worth full price. Other recent games in the same vein like pillars are not nearly as good.
Pillars is the only game like this i've played in the recent past. Really liked the atmosphere and story but it ended up feeling pretty... drole. The playable characters were boring, there was WAY too much reading (felt like lots of filler talk), and yea just didn't grab me.

Maybe i'll try this first one out.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Sep 6, 2005
930 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
Having almost finished DOS2, can someone recommend a good coop game to play with great story line? (played DOS2 with partner via LAN and it was great!)
MY HEATWARE 8-0-0

100% Ebay Feedback!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)