146 upvotes

[STEAM] Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition, PC Steam $21.99

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 17, 2020
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
Best price I've seen so far for this game on steam.
23 replies
Oct 1, 2006
620 posts
81 upvotes
Ottawa & Brampto…
I've been wanting to try this game out.
"And if you don't know, now you know"
Jul 6, 2017
122 posts
64 upvotes
Ontario
cknewdeal wrote: I've been wanting to try this game out.
Great game. Challenging.
Nov 16, 2018
16 posts
15 upvotes
Great game, was #1 on PC Gamer magazine's top 100 games but got bumped down to #2 on the latest list.
Sep 5, 2006
623 posts
438 upvotes
Calgary
Excellent game for a really good price.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7952 posts
4571 upvotes
Toronto
On one hand this seems like a decent deal finally for one of the most praised "overwhelmingly positive" reviewed game on Steam but I think you maybe really need to be into this CRPG genre to enjoy this type of game. The people who are probably already played it and the people on the fence like me may or may not enjoy it as much them. I've started playing Wasteland 3 on Game Pass which is a similar style to this and also has glowing reviews but I'm having a hard time getting into it and wonder if I'll have the same issue with this game. These games are an acquired taste and not for everyone imo
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3488 posts
1578 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: On one hand this seems like a decent deal finally for one of the most praised "overwhelmingly positive" reviewed game on Steam but I think you maybe really need to be into this CRPG genre to enjoy this type of game. The people who are probably already played it and the people on the fence like me may or may not enjoy it as much them. I've started playing Wasteland 3 on Game Pass which is a similar style to this and also has glowing reviews but I'm having a hard time getting into it and wonder if I'll have the same issue with this game. These games are an acquired taste and not for everyone imo
Given that you believe that The Witcher 3 is the best game ever made, it's not surprising that you won't enjoy games that are actually ....games. This game is 95% fun, creative and meaningful gameplay with interesting combat mechanics, levelling and everything else that makes a game a game whereas The Witcher 3 is a walking simulator with endless cut scenes and zero gameplay. No, you won't enjoy this.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1923 posts
738 upvotes
I loved Baldur's Gate etc. and I also loved The Witcher 3. They are completely different but they are both exceptional.

Thanks for the deal OP! I finally took the plunge and bought this game.

I still have to play the first . . .and lots of other games though.
Dec 2, 2016
162 posts
185 upvotes
txenglan wrote: Given that you believe that The Witcher 3 is the best game ever made, it's not surprising that you won't enjoy games that are actually ....games. This game is 95% fun, creative and meaningful gameplay with interesting combat mechanics, levelling and everything else that makes a game a game whereas The Witcher 3 is a walking simulator with endless cut scenes and zero gameplay. No, you won't enjoy this.
Did I stumble in to r/gatekeeping ?
Nov 7, 2011
625 posts
513 upvotes
British Columbia
ReeGee wrote: On one hand this seems like a decent deal finally for one of the most praised "overwhelmingly positive" reviewed game on Steam but I think you maybe really need to be into this CRPG genre to enjoy this type of game. The people who are probably already played it and the people on the fence like me may or may not enjoy it as much them. I've started playing Wasteland 3 on Game Pass which is a similar style to this and also has glowing reviews but I'm having a hard time getting into it and wonder if I'll have the same issue with this game. These games are an acquired taste and not for everyone imo

Harder to get into than wasteland, and more unforgiving.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7952 posts
4571 upvotes
Toronto
feminazi wrote: I loved Baldur's Gate etc. and I also loved The Witcher 3. They are completely different but they are both exceptional.
Yup crpgs being completely different from other rpgs and somewhat of a niche is all I was alluding to in my post. Not sure why that other poster is offended by me enjoying TW3 or feels the need to be a rpg genre gatekeeper. I think I will give Wasteland 3 a further chance and if I end up eventually liking it then I'll pick this up at 75% off in the future.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3488 posts
1578 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: Yup crpgs being completely different from other rpgs and somewhat of a niche is all I was alluding to in my post. Not sure why that other poster is offended by me enjoying TW3 or feels the need to be a rpg genre gatekeeper. I think I will give Wasteland 3 a further chance and if I end up eventually liking it then I'll pick this up at 75% off in the future.
I'm not offended at all. You do you.
Apr 4, 2020
18 posts
14 upvotes
txenglan wrote: I'm not offended at all. You do you.
I think it's just because of your choice of words, which make you sound as if you're entitled to a better opinion than him, and trying to give an authoritarian verdict on which game is superior.

Regardless, I never got into any of those 2 games despite overwhelming positive reviews. To each their own I suppose. They do look well made and I can appreciate the quality of the games, I just can't really get compelled to play them extensively.

Hot deal nonetheless!