• Sep 15th, 2020 10:44 am
Dec 12, 2018
22 posts
27 upvotes
Original Sins 2 is my TOP 3 game of all time
Mar 17, 2006
314 posts
53 upvotes
D:OS2 is best in class in its genre IMHO. If you play through the first 60-90 minutes (and don't sit on Character select too long) you can get a feel for its style pretty quickly, or refund it.

Wacky conversations, multiple ways of finishing quests, lots to explore and loot, and likely a good 25-50hours of gameplay for this cost before you consider whether you want to replay it on higher difficulties. Really fun game IMHO and Larian Studios knocked it out of the park with this one. If you're remotely curious what the hype is about, I'd urge you to try it.
Mar 26, 2006
389 posts
53 upvotes
This is a fantastic game - and expect to spend many hours on it!!
Aug 20, 2009
7893 posts
2742 upvotes
Grimsby
ReeGee wrote: On one hand this seems like a decent deal finally for one of the most praised "overwhelmingly positive" reviewed game on Steam but I think you maybe really need to be into this CRPG genre to enjoy this type of game. The people who are probably already played it and the people on the fence like me may or may not enjoy it as much them. I've started playing Wasteland 3 on Game Pass which is a similar style to this and also has glowing reviews but I'm having a hard time getting into it and wonder if I'll have the same issue with this game. These games are an acquired taste and not for everyone imo
It's an old school CRPG with some modern trappings. Tactical, turn based combat instead of Real Time with Pause. Wasteland 3 is quite similar. These games are really more about getting into the games subsystems and making tough choices. You aren't going to have an all-around good character, you need to commit to roles, specialize and develop your party. It takes time to see that investment pay off. The story choices are often quite grey and there aren't moral imperatives like in a Bioware game. They also reward creativity in how you approach combat scenarios. These games require a lot of patience and investment but you get a lot of out them if you can commit. That being said no game is for everyone so if it isn't jiving with you then I would just move on because the first 10 hours aren't much different than the last 10.

What I really love about these games is that you can break the hell out of them and they keep going. Killed a quest giver? Found a way to get past an intended story event? Party member betrayed you? Game keeps chugging.
Should I even bother playing Divinity 1?
Nope, most of the old games were janky and haven't aged well.
Apr 11, 2011
246 posts
150 upvotes
Montreal
ReeGee wrote: On one hand this seems like a decent deal finally for one of the most praised "overwhelmingly positive" reviewed game on Steam but I think you maybe really need to be into this CRPG genre to enjoy this type of game. The people who are probably already played it and the people on the fence like me may or may not enjoy it as much them. I've started playing Wasteland 3 on Game Pass which is a similar style to this and also has glowing reviews but I'm having a hard time getting into it and wonder if I'll have the same issue with this game. These games are an acquired taste and not for everyone imo
agreed, I really don't like this game (divinity) personally, I think it's one of the most overrated game, I think it's boring and not immersive and that it looks outdated, it feels like it was made 10 years ago ... to each their own I guess