Play for free! Ends in 10 days

Enjoy!
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3897 posts
2666 upvotes
Ontario
This is actually a really good game especially if you like 100% Voiced Over MMO style games. This game is very Solo / Friend / Group Playable. They have a lot of Open Dungeon style content as well and events and such.

The cool part of this game is it's 100% Scaled content. So unlike most games where your stuck doing it linear you can start in any content / expansion.

Also the expansions / content tend to be the same year. So There is no real Order to play them unless you choose say chronological order of when they got released. Makes the game quite open ended and enjoyable.
---
Mar 13, 2012
326 posts
128 upvotes
OTTAWA
played this alot on release then quit for many years. am now back into it. by now it is a nicely polished product - lottttts of stuffs to do and combat is fun
Dec 11, 2013
490 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
Where is my ES6... they know it's a licence to print money.

I'll give this a go and see, not much of an MMO guy, but it's only 10 days.
Jan 13, 2014
70 posts
70 upvotes
10 day free trial - 1 day to download the game 🤣. I’ll try it out thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3897 posts
2666 upvotes
Ontario
enigma54 wrote: This or the free trial FFIV?
Depends really what you want in a MMO... FF14 has a Constant I think trial don't they? ESO on the other hand this limited time.
---
Aug 8, 2009
53 posts
26 upvotes
Well, I'm a new player trying out the free access...presently at level 21, and after two re-respecs at level 15 and 18...I'm at zero gold, all gone. And gold is not easy to aquire at low levels. (A respect can cost substantial gold each time you have number of points applied on a toon. I believe it's gauged at around 50 gold for each spec point that is already applied to that toon. And if it's a total respec, skills and attributes which will be a separate gold cost (attributes points are a bit cheaper).

Did I mention gold is not easy to aquire at low levels. :facepalm: And if your thinking of crafting and selling while your leveling to make gold, it's not happening. Access to selling in ESO is controlled by the trading guilds, and many want big quotas from their members (as a chosen seller will only have 30 slots to sell their items to meet quotas, and usually these spots will go to the established wealthy players. I believe the reason for this is trade guilds have to bid huge amounts of gold weekly on prime locations (the high traffic areas), so guilds rely on their cut of items sold.

Also to level and craft items, it seems you have to pay the monthly (ESO+ service) to have access to their craft resource storage and a number of other perks not available for the base or DLC game. I found trying to craft with a 60 or 80 slot bag, is not easy and is a struggle as it fills up fast. Lastly, bag upgrades are at increments of only 10 spots, and the cost can be substantial as you add more spots.

Here's a link to a game vendor selling ESO (digital key version) for about $12 CAD. FYI, a few days ago their discount was at 67%, it's now dropped to 60%.

Edit: Hmm... Just went to the fanatical site, and now the discount for me is at 64%. I guess if you close your browser and reconnect to the site, it could give you different percent results.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/the-e ... cMQAvD_BwE