good sale for those who got a cheap vr headset lately
elite dangerous pc 9.59 on steam
43 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2917 posts
546 upvotes
Toronto
Looks good. Do i have to spend a lot of time in tutorials learning how to play or can I start relatively quickly and have fun?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3158 posts
1495 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
Sepharite wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 1:30 pm
Looks good. Do i have to spend a lot of time in tutorials learning how to play or can I start relatively quickly and have fun?
It's quite a bit of a learning curve at first so tutorial do help you learn the game. That being said you can start right into the game without tutorials.
---
Dec 24, 2017
409 posts
326 upvotes
bought this game close to launch with the horizon expansion. I think I paid $50 for the whole thing. I have had many attempts to get into this game, but the controls are not very friendly. I tried the game with KB/M and also controller and it's not easy to control the ship. You might actually need a joystick with custom key mapping for this game and that is what a lot of people of on forums suggest. buy at your own risk.
Jun 30, 2009
579 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
Was Elite Dangerous the purely MMO space game with PvP, and you had to insure your ship because you lost pretty much everything if you got ganked? Or was that Star Citizen? I'm interested in a space sim, but I hate MMOs because of PvP.
Dec 21, 2013
58 posts
15 upvotes
Banff
dchimera wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 1:54 pm
Was Elite Dangerous the purely MMO space game with PvP, and you had to insure your ship because you lost pretty much everything if you got ganked? Or was that Star Citizen? I'm interested in a space sim, but I hate MMOs because of PvP.
I think you're thinking of Eve Online. https://www.eveonline.com/
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10728 posts
1053 upvotes
Mississauga
I remember initial reviews of Elite saying that there wasn't much to do in space. Have things improved in that regard?
Jun 4, 2007
373 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
thanks OP!

I'll try it out, got the 2 hours of free play to return if its not my thing...I got Doom VFR and think its good, and its got mixed reviews also.

Totally getting my money's worth with the Hp WMR Headset!!
Oct 19, 2007
611 posts
302 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 2:01 pm
I remember initial reviews of Elite saying that there wasn't much to do in space. Have things improved in that regard?
There's more activities than were in launch but you still sometimes need to blaze your own trail.
Jul 24, 2012
243 posts
101 upvotes
Edmonton
Sepharite wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 1:30 pm
As a space sim it's not easy to just pick and play compared to No Man's Sky for example. Once you do master it though it's much more rewarding.
Talamasca wrote:
I remember hearing the game was basically space trucking which is pretty true for the most part.

I love the game (I have the Horizons Expansion), it convinced me to buy a Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack. With the addition of my Samsung Odyssey + from a couple weeks ago, it's taken the game to a whole nother level. It's not for everyone but those who like it like it a lot.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
2894 posts
1070 upvotes
Toronto
Why is it called Elite Dangerous? Can someone explain the name of this game?
Aug 9, 2007
915 posts
305 upvotes
dchimera wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 1:54 pm
Certainly not star citizen as thats still being built, and they have an insurance concept which right now is like a timer to get your destroyed ship back.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
2777 posts
1757 upvotes
The NORTH
Talamasca wrote:
It's an Olympic Swimming pool that's 5 centimeters deep, there is no depth to this game at all... Dive in at your own risk.