May 6, 2021
Retailer:
STEAM/EPIC
Star Wars Franchise - May the 4th Be With You

Some more recent games:
Jedi Fallen Order - $27.50
Squadrons - $27.50
Battlefront 2 - $15.60

If you want them all, EPIC is giving them all away for ~ $55. https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/bundles/ea-star-wars-triple-bundle
22 replies
Oct 24, 2019
219 posts
272 upvotes
Might do Squadrons... just need to check how well it will work with my CH Products Joystick, Throttle, and Pedals.
Oct 15, 2019
81 posts
136 upvotes
why is this downvoted?

the epic deal is 20% off the current discounted bundle on steam which is already a good deal
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1935 posts
2833 upvotes
Atlantic
gamerindreams wrote: why is this downvoted?
I suspect people not fans of the star war games/franchise

I just thought it was cool as it has a catchy/funny phrase - May the 4th be with you. And the fact that I got email regarding these deals.
Feb 2, 2007
14 posts
27 upvotes
Markham
Squadrons works well with flight stick gear just finished it a few weeks ago , and it's free with MS ultimate gamepass/EA play combo so you can basically get it for $1 if you look up the tricks for that on here or at least under 5 a month and it includes most of the star wars games .
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1234 posts
492 upvotes
Brandon
gotglint wrote: Disney killed may the 4th because Christmas Day is historically the biggest box office day of the year
Well they hurt the franchise with letting Kathleen Kennedy do her "vision" of Star Wars with the sequel trilogy...
May 23, 2008
996 posts
644 upvotes
Gtown ON
I think GOG.com has it on sale as well, for people that prefer DRM free.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42891 posts
7048 upvotes
Any games will work with i5 2500K and GTX 1060?
Blanka
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19789 posts
3799 upvotes
Toronto
dboyman5 wrote: Well they hurt the franchise with letting Kathleen Kennedy do her "vision" of Star Wars with the sequel trilogy...
Abrams, Johnson, Abrams again. Two garbage directors trusted with a franchise they don't understand or respect. Abrams even killed Star Trek too. So much wasted potential.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8670 posts
5628 upvotes
Toronto
EasyCompany251 wrote: I suspect people not fans of the star war games/franchise
I like Star wars games but these are cold deals. Battlefront 2 was literally free recently, the other two are far cheaper to play on Game Pass/EA play and not worth paying that much to own
Jul 3, 2015
282 posts
711 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
dboyman5 wrote: Well they hurt the franchise with letting Kathleen Kennedy do her "vision" of Star Wars with the sequel trilogy...
Makes me wonder how the franchise could be if they handed the reins over to Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni.

Watching Filoni's interviews and all of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels, you can certainly sense that he's a huge fan. And he definitely has a very solid understanding of Star Wars as a whole and its lore. You can just hear, see, and pickup on the love that both Favreau and Filoni have for Star Wars while watching those behind-the-scenes documentary episodes for The Mandalorian, which were great ("Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian" on Disney+).

And it certainly helps that Filoni was George Lucas' protege while they worked on Clone Wars together, and he has probably learned more about that world from Lucas himself than almost any other individual.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
35637 posts
4474 upvotes
Winnipeg
EasyCompany251 wrote: I suspect people not fans of the star war games/franchise

I just thought it was cool as it has a catchy/funny phrase - May the 4th be with you. And the fact that I got email regarding these deals.
star wars is dead to me when Disney made their sequels.
WTB amazon gc @90%
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
35637 posts
4474 upvotes
Winnipeg
djemzine wrote: Any games will work with i5 2500K and GTX 1060?
no new gpu for 2021?
WTB amazon gc @90%
Nov 23, 2017
141 posts
186 upvotes
NS
Not sure if worth it's own thread but worth mentioning, Jedi Fallen Order is free over on Stadia for Pro subscribers as well
Oct 6, 2017
29 posts
39 upvotes
BC
Might do Squadrons... just need to check how well it will work with my CH Products Joystick, Throttle, and Pedals.
It will be excellent -- multiple controller mapping within the game is quite decent.

You can also use the CH Control Manager Software to make assignments outside of the game.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8757 posts
1979 upvotes
Squadrons with VR and HOTAS setup let me relive my childhood Star Wars fantasies
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
May 6, 2015
318 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone is interested in RTS Star Wars there's a whole community that's been modding "Star Wars: Empire at War" with apparently fantastic results.

They've not only created new campaigns but have been updating the graphics and fixed a lot of bugs... but you need the Steam version.
I had the GOG version, but just picked up the Steam one to start installing these mods.

They did a whole revamp and adaptation to the prequels with Republic at War and Fall of the Republic.
And here's the link to Thrawn's Revenge which takes place after the end of the original trilogy, and is actually coming out with an update next week:

Dec 25, 2009
107 posts
56 upvotes
Contrecoeur
May the 4th be alongside you! Happy Star Track day! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes