Toronto

[STEAM] Fallout 4 - $11.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
I know everyone here hates Steam but Fallout 4 for 12 bucks is a great deal.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/377160/Fallout_4/
35 replies
Aug 17, 2012
397 posts
513 upvotes
Victoria
No no, it's Epic that everyone hates Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes Say what you want about Bethesda as of late, this was a solid game that gave me at least 50 hours of enjoyment!
Jan 26, 2018
910 posts
518 upvotes
A less relevant question, what if I bought the game in low price region?
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
No no, the OP has it right. Everyone "should" hate Steam. I certainly do. The same prices and the same sales for the past 5+ years... what's there to like? And yet the majority are blinded by Epic's exclusivity... who cares? Do they not give you free games (and decent games) every week? What does Steam give you? It's all about value. I don't see any issue with downloading another gaming client. UPLAY, GOG, Twitch, Steam, I have them all installed. No biggie at all.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1520 posts
242 upvotes
"Another settlement needs your help."
Dec 9, 2019
113 posts
194 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
frugalshopper604 wrote: What does Steam give you? It's all about value
  • User reviews,
  • Flourish Linux open-source environment push
  • built-in local server capacity which allows local coop to be played multiplayer,
  • discussion boards,
  • an actual shopping cart,
  • a wishlist,
  • a shopping cart
  • a functional UI,
  • family sharing games,
  • good integration with streaming from your PC demanding games on phones, android tv boxes, other computers,
  • broadcasting your game,
  • inviting others directly to your games,
  • mods workshops for free,
  • groups,
  • guides,
  • screenshot/video saving,
  • in-game interfaces (shift+tab)
  • comprehensive DLC bundlers that drops a part of the price if you already own certain DLCs
  • Marketplace
  • Vastly superior customer service (as crappy as Valve's is sometimes)
  • User profiles
  • Achievements
  • Hour counters
  • Comprehensive controller overwriters based on Steam profiles
  • Cloud saves that don't accidentally get wiped because EGS is incompetent
  • Shader pre-caching
  • etc.
To list a few things. Steam has insanely better value than EGS even if games would cost more.
Apr 18, 2017
681 posts
1325 upvotes
frugalshopper604 wrote: No no, the OP has it right. Everyone "should" hate Steam. I certainly do. The same prices and the same sales for the past 5+ years... what's there to like? And yet the majority are blinded by Epic's exclusivity... who cares? Do they not give you free games (and decent games) every week? What does Steam give you? It's all about value. I don't see any issue with downloading another gaming client. UPLAY, GOG, Twitch, Steam, I have them all installed. No biggie at all.
You ever use the Epic store? Sure, I like the free games + more money for devs, but apart from that there is no benefit over Steam. Epic store is slow, it's "clunky" and is not very intuitive to navigate. Steam still offers the better experience.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2426 posts
330 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Mar 20, 2009
469 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
Have base fallout 4 already, and the seasons pass costs more than the GOTY version. Thanks Bethesda.
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
User131439 wrote: You ever use the Epic store? Sure, I like the free games + more money for devs, but apart from that there is no benefit over Steam. Epic store is slow, it's "clunky" and is not very intuitive to navigate. Steam still offers the better experience.
To each his own. The only experience and "achievement" I care about is enjoying a game I've purchased at a fair price.

I haven't had any issues with the Epic UI. While not as feature-rich as Steam, my priority is still the above.
Dec 9, 2019
113 posts
194 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
User131439 wrote: You ever use the Epic store? Sure, I like the free games + more money for devs, but apart from that there is no benefit over Steam. Epic store is slow, it's "clunky" and is not very intuitive to navigate. Steam still offers the better experience.
I wouldn't put much weight into the opinions of someone that's checked out steam sales for 5+ years and still didn't realize it's the publishers that decide of the price of the game on Steam, not Steam itself.
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
UnapologeticCanuck wrote: I wouldn't put much weight into the opinions of someone that's checked out steam sales for 5+ years and still didn't realize it's the publishers that decide of the price of the game on Steam, not Steam itself.
He didn't put much weight into it at all.

It's just a difference of opinion that's all. Like I said, to each their own. Same publishers, just different store-front.

Mind you, your earlier post was much longer and detailed than his so clearly your post bears much more weight and effort than his... just saying...case closed. Spend how you like.
Dec 9, 2019
113 posts
194 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
frugalshopper604 wrote: He didn't put much weight into it at all.

It's just a difference of opinion that's all. Like I said, to each their own. Same publishers, just different store-front.

Mind you, your earlier post was much longer and detailed than his so clearly your post bears much more weight and effort than his... just saying...case closed. Spend how you like.
So you complain about Steam, tell other users that they should hate Steam because Steam gives them no value, then someone proves you wrong and then you walk away with the tail between your legs and call it an opinion and extend a virtual olive branch.

Lol'd. I'm feeling second hand embarrassment from reading your replies.
Aug 24, 2016
184 posts
234 upvotes
audioarchetype wrote: No no, it's Epic that everyone hates Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes Say what you want about Bethesda as of late, this was a solid game that gave me at least 50 hours of enjoyment!
Omg I hate Epic so much and all the free games they give out. Damn you Epic!!!
Apr 11, 2011
291 posts
178 upvotes
Montreal
UnapologeticCanuck wrote:
  • etc.
Indeed Wishlist, User reviews, Hour counters are great. The rest I don't really care.
I also like the ability to limit the download speed for updates.
But competition is good and chances are that gamers will pay less if Steam loses market shares because they will have to lower their cut to stay competitive.
And Epic Store will most likely get these features.
Jun 2, 2011
463 posts
441 upvotes
I pre-ordered this game, and have not ventured beyond the first town outside home camp. Love Fallout prior but just couldn't get into this one. Maybe I'll dust it off and give another try.
Dec 9, 2019
113 posts
194 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
JohnMarston wrote: And Epic Store will most likely get these features.
I remember when people said this about the Epic Game Store 6 months ago too lol. And yes, they are implementing reviews, but only critic reviews. We both know how those work sometimes *laughs in AAA games*. People would have never known many issues about games such as Arkham Knight PC issues if it weren't for user reviews.
Jul 1, 2016
891 posts
456 upvotes
Toronto
kitty wrote: "Another settlement needs your help."
No time to browse RFD, another settlement(wallet) needs your help. I've marked it on your map. Godspeed~
Pixelation~