Expired Hot Deals

[STEAM] Golden Week Sale - "Tales of" JRPGs flash sale 75-85% off and other select Japanese games on sale to May 6

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2021 8:17 pm
[OP]
Nov 7, 2012
139 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto

[STEAM] Golden Week Sale - "Tales of" JRPGs flash sale 75-85% off and other select Japanese games on sale to May 6

Deal Link:
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
Golden Week sale on Steam for select JRPGS (Japanese RPGs). The "Tales of" games are 75-85% off which I think is a pretty good deal. The Tales flash sale runs for another 11 hours to 1pm EST.
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/goldenweek

Tales of Symphonia 75% off - $5.49
Tales of Vesperia 80% off - $12.99
Tales of Zestiria 85% off - $8.24
Tales of Berseria 85% off - $9.74

Some other JRPGs that jumped out to me on sale until May 6th
Nier: Automata 50% off - $26.75
Final Fantasy XIV 50% off - $22.99
Trails of Cold Steel I 50% off - $24.99
Trails of Cold Steel II 40% off - $29.99
Trails of Cold Steel III 40% off - $47.99
Valkryia Chronicles 4 70% off - $18.89 (Complete Edition including all DLC)
Disgaea 4 Complete+ 40% off - $29.99
Disgaea 5 60% off - $17.59

I just recently got a gaming PC so this was really great timing, picked up a bunch of JRPGs.

Happy gaming!
Last edited by InfiniteStratos on Apr 30th, 2021 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
11 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14679 posts
4786 upvotes
Montreal
I almost had a heart attack, as I thought these prices were for PSN. :facepalm: Face With Tears Of Joy
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Jan 20, 2012
46 posts
16 upvotes
MONTR
For anyone interested in Final Fantasy XIV (the MMO), I'd highly recommend to play their new free trial first which covers the base game (A Realm Reborn) + first expansion (Heavensward). You're looking at 60+ hours of gameplay for free before you decide that it's for you or not. The only restriction is that you can't invite others to party and can't trade, but it's honestly not needed early on if you're playing alone.

As for the gameplay itself, it plays as a JRPG first and MMO second. Unlike many other MMO, you'll see that there is a very JRPG pacing (low on action, high on talking) and much less of the grind fest that you find in other MMOs.

Storywise, I'd give ARR (A Realm Reborn) a 4/10, and Heavensward a 8/10. By then you know what you're signing up to if you decide to buy it, and they'll be another sale by then if you want to dive in.
Aug 19, 2019
69 posts
80 upvotes
thanks in for 69 copies of vr kanojo
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8623 posts
5563 upvotes
Toronto
If you haven't already played it Yakuza 0 is probably the best way you could ever spend $7.50
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2230 posts
2331 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ReeGee wrote: If you haven't already played it Yakuza 0 is probably the best way you could ever spend $7.50
I beg to differ.
amazon socks.png
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6037 posts
1911 upvotes
Scarborough
InternetExploring wrote: For anyone interested in Final Fantasy XIV (the MMO), I'd highly recommend to play their new free trial first which covers the base game (A Realm Reborn) + first expansion (Heavensward). You're looking at 60+ hours of gameplay for free before you decide that it's for you or not. The only restriction is that you can't invite others to party and can't trade, but it's honestly not needed early on if you're playing alone.

As for the gameplay itself, it plays as a JRPG first and MMO second. Unlike many other MMO, you'll see that there is a very JRPG pacing (low on action, high on talking) and much less of the grind fest that you find in other MMOs.

Storywise, I'd give ARR (A Realm Reborn) a 4/10, and Heavensward a 8/10. By then you know what you're signing up to if you decide to buy it, and they'll be another sale by then if you want to dive in.
I'd recommend the game (it's a good game with tons to do) but the recurring subscription model turned me off. I wish it was a one-and-done type of payment but I understand the need for maintenance and server costs
Aug 18, 2014
28 posts
5 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
SkimGuy wrote: I'd recommend the game (it's a good game with tons to do) but the recurring subscription model turned me off. I wish it was a one-and-done type of payment but I understand the need for maintenance and server costs
I would not say it's not JRPG at all. It's an action RPG. Just want to clarify.
Dec 12, 2009
378 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the post, I grabbed Samurai Showdown deluxe; it is over $50 off with this sale, insane. They did a great job bringing the characters back and online matches are very active, awesome!