Hot Deals

STEAM

Half-Life: Alyx - $34.99 (50% off)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2022 6:35 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 1, 2009
3935 posts
8532 upvotes

[STEAM] Half-Life: Alyx - $34.99 (50% off)

Deal Link:
Price:
$34.99
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
header[1].jpg

Half-Life: Alyx is currently on a 50% off sale on Steam.

One of, if not the, best VR games ever made (in my opinion). If you have a VR setup and haven't played this yet, I highly recommend it. 50% is the most this has been on discount to date.

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/halflifealyx/info/

https://opencritic.com/game/8996/half-life-alyx
61 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 20, 2015
619 posts
407 upvotes
London
I want to play this but I don't have a headset :(.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 1, 2009
3935 posts
8532 upvotes
AmazonLover wrote: You can use https://steamdb.info/app/546560/

Many times discounted to this price. It's not actually hot for a 2 years old game.
It matches the all time low, is only available direct from Steam (of course, it's Valve's game) so the likelihood of it ever being cheaper is extremely low. 2 years old or not, this is still a good deal for one of the best VR games available. Hot? Probably not... but it's on sale right now so is a good deal for those who haven't played it.
Newbie
Aug 23, 2021
77 posts
378 upvotes
Finally got it. This is all time low. If you have a headset and a good enough graphic card, I think this is a must to have.
Newbie
Aug 23, 2021
77 posts
378 upvotes
Ytterbium wrote: I want to play this but I don't have a headset :(.
New oculus is around the corner.
Member
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
253 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
Oh man this is an awesome game and the VR on the quest 2 was fantastic... really good price - worth it!!
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 22, 2021
132 posts
210 upvotes
Elrondolio wrote: It matches the all time low, is only available direct from Steam (of course, it's Valve's game) so the likelihood of it ever being cheaper is extremely low. 2 years old or not, this is still a good deal for one of the best VR games available. Hot? Probably not... but it's on sale right now so is a good deal for those who haven't played it.
I didn't downvote but it's discounted to same price end of the last year. So, it's supposed to be a better deal after a year. It's discounted this price 5-6 times till now. It's a deal, just not hot. There are thousands games on Steam and most of them get discounts.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 1, 2009
3935 posts
8532 upvotes
AmazonLover wrote: I didn't downvote but it's discounted to same price end of the last year. So, it's supposed to be a better deal after a year. It's discounted this price 5-6 times till now. It's a deal, just not hot. There are thousands games on Steam and most of them get discounts.
That's not how Valve works, unfortunately. The odds of Alyx ever going below 50% are extremely low (just like most EA games on Steam) as there is no pricing competition from other game stores. I understand what you're saying, of course, but Alyx will always live in it's own pricing bubble compared to other games on Steam.
Last edited by Elrondolio on Sep 22nd, 2022 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 26, 2012
1132 posts
1696 upvotes
Probably the best PCVR game you can buy. A must have!
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1533 posts
1737 upvotes
Edmonton
I want to play but it looks like it has a ton of jump scares.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 5, 2005
563 posts
106 upvotes
Markham
Really hope this launches with PS VR2. It’s hard to find a headset alternative worthy of this game when you want to manage cost while also avoiding Meta.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2336 posts
1464 upvotes
Burnaby
Def planning to buy PSVR2 but Sony hasn't announced if that machine will work with PC/Steam so I'm hesitant to buy this (even though I absolutely wanna play it!) :(
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 1, 2009
3935 posts
8532 upvotes
frozenmelon wrote: I want to play but it looks like it has a ton of jump scares.
That's not really what the excellent game design in Alyx is about compared to some other horror VR games but still... yeah, pretty much :twisted: .

DON'T WATCH THIS if you don't want game spoilers! But here's an idea of some scary parts to this game if you are on the bubble whether you think you can handle something like this.

Again, I'd highly recommend NOT watching this if you plan on buying this game... having said that:

Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 5, 2005
563 posts
106 upvotes
Markham
kooltilltheen wrote: Def planning to buy PSVR2 but Sony hasn't announced if that machine will work with PC/Steam so I'm hesitant to buy this (even though I absolutely wanna play it!) :(
While VR2 might not be compatible with PC from the jump, Valve has openly said in the past that it would bring their VR IP to any platform that supported it. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see Alyx eventually launch on the PlayStation 5 (hopefully at launch)
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2336 posts
1464 upvotes
Burnaby
SuPaFleXx wrote: While VR2 might not be compatible with PC from the jump, Valve has openly said in the past that it would bring their VR IP to any platform that supported it. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see Alyx eventually launch on the PlayStation 5 (hopefully at launch)
Even if they did (which I'm skeptical about but we'll see), it unfortunately won't be at the price of this deal which renders this conversation moot lol
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
5255 posts
2076 upvotes
Kitchener
How are the mods? Any fun / beefy single player mods?

Side note: Half-Life 2 VR open beta is pretty good.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Member
User avatar
Dec 13, 2020
418 posts
754 upvotes
Markham, ON
Incredible experience, this game.. and well worth the price! +1
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 26, 2017
193 posts
303 upvotes
Best VR game hands down. No doubt about it.
Elrondolio wrote: That's not really what the excellent game design in Alyx is about compared to some other horror VR games but still... yeah, pretty much :twisted: .
Jumpscares weren't as bad for me. Was more concerned about vr motion sickness when using natural locomotion so had to use teleport locomotion instead, but this is a general VR issue I have rather than specific to this game.
Rogers Ignite 300u - 40$
Public Mobile 4.5Gb - 40-7$

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)