Hot Deals

[STEAM] Halo: The Master Chief Collection ($24.99 - 50% off each game)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2021 4:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8377 posts
5179 upvotes
Toronto

[STEAM] Halo: The Master Chief Collection ($24.99 - 50% off each game)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50% off
Expiry:
April 12, 2021
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
Good deal on the Steam version to promote the new Season 6 update which adds new maps to Halo 3. This is on Game Pass however there are benefits to owning on steam such as ability to customize what you download/install unlike Game Pass that makes you install the entire thing before you can remove components, you can also choose to buy and download each game individually at 50% off for about $5 on Steam if you don't want the entire collection. I've been playing it on and off on Game Pass since launch and all of the games play great on PC with 4K resolution and unlocked FPS.
34 replies
Aug 24, 2009
617 posts
192 upvotes
Mississauga
Just finished playing Halo 1-3 acquired from the last Steam Sale. 1 and 2 looked super beautiful with the anniversary updates. Definitely worth having in your Steam library. Someday I may not have a game pass, but I’ll always have Steam.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2133 posts
1541 upvotes
Got GamePass so it's free for me there...not to mention I actually got the collection for free on the Xbone S when I bought it on boxing day years ago so got it there to as a permanent version. Decent deal though
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5134 posts
513 upvotes
Tempting but I barely have enough time to play the few games I do already play. I don't play much in general but the Halo stuff has intrigued me since I've never had an Xbox before.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8377 posts
5179 upvotes
Toronto
Canada_7 wrote: Tempting but I barely have enough time to play the few games I do already play. I don't play much in general but the Halo stuff has intrigued me since I've never had an Xbox before.
For me this is the perfect low commitment multiplayer game that's great for jumping in and playing a match or two in between other games. All the campaigns except for Halo 1 have aged really well and are a blast to play through at 4K and even Halo 1 is worthwhile for the new visuals.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1620 posts
936 upvotes
Langley
ReeGee wrote: For me this is the perfect low commitment multiplayer game that's great for jumping in and playing a match or two in between other games. All the campaigns except for Halo 1 have aged really well and are a blast to play through at 4K and even Halo 1 is worthwhile for the new visuals.
This for sure... love just jumping into a game of Halo and getting destroyed while still having fun. I will say... I generally play on Xbox and when I get into a lobby and see the Cross-Play with keyboard/mouse its not a welcome sight as those players tend to dominate. Thats the only negative to online for me.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9174 posts
3588 upvotes
It's strange that they call it The Master Chief collection
when Master Chief is also the main character of Halo 4 and 5 which are not included in the collection
but Chief is not playable in Halo Reach or Halo ODST, which are included.

Halo 5 Guardians is the worst in the series.

These games are permanently on XBox Gamepass if you are a subscriber.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Apr 7th, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8377 posts
5179 upvotes
Toronto
jbone14 wrote: This for sure... love just jumping into a game of Halo and getting destroyed while still having fun. I will say... I generally play on Xbox and when I get into a lobby and see the Cross-Play with keyboard/mouse its not a welcome sight as those players tend to dominate. Thats the only negative to online for me.
they added input based matchmaking recently. I play with a controller on PC and imo the kb/m players don't have that huge of an advantage unless you're playing modes like SWAT or snipers only, otherwise it seems like a toss up between the two in regular game modes.
Aug 11, 2014
455 posts
331 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: It's strange that they call it The Master Chief collection
when Master Chief is also the main character of Halo 4 and 5 which are not included in the collection
but Chief is not playable in Halo Reach or Halo ODST, which are included.

Halo 5 Guardians is the worst in the series.

These games are permanently on XBox Gamepass if you are a subscriber.
Halo 4 is part of the Master Chief Collection now.

Although, is it true that Halo 5 will "Never" be part of the MCC and/or released on PC? Anyone know why??
May 12, 2003
674 posts
38 upvotes
Is it worth just for the single player campaigns?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9665 posts
2318 upvotes
Montreal
night_day wrote: Is it worth just for the single player campaigns?
If you've never played them....DEFINITELY worth it! Be sure to check your PC specs.
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
5855 posts
1833 upvotes
Toronto
yuprules wrote: If you've never played them....DEFINITELY worth it! Be sure to check your PC specs.
Especially if you've got 1-3 friends to join (Halo 1 and Halo 2 only support 2 players). A ton of fun to run through campaign.
Feb 28, 2006
293 posts
255 upvotes
night_day wrote: Is it worth just for the single player campaigns?
The first game is a classic, the second game I didn't like that much, although the graphics are great. Take note you'll be able to feel the gameplay being a bit archaic, especially the older entries, specifically the bullet sponge enemies spam. It's very cheap though so if you like FPS why not try it.
yuprules wrote: If you've never played them....DEFINITELY worth it! Be sure to check your PC specs.
The hardware requirements isn't that bad, I can play it on highest with my 1060. I think it's because the collection was originally made for the Xbox one back in 2014.
Jan 21, 2019
44 posts
47 upvotes
I got a refund when they released Halo 3 in the collection. The lag/disconnects with the co-op campaign were constant, and they said it's basically is too hard to fix.

Good if you're into the pvp or solo campaign.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4786 posts
1440 upvotes
Kitchener
Anyone knows if it's possible to do co-op splitscreen campaigns on two separate monitors?
This space is intentionally left blank.
Jan 19, 2005
333 posts
64 upvotes
Canada
Thundercloud wrote: Anyone knows if it's possible to do co-op splitscreen campaigns on two separate monitors?
No local co-op period on PC or I'd be buying right now.
/bw
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4786 posts
1440 upvotes
Kitchener
blackwind wrote: No local co-op period on PC or I'd be buying right now.
Wow.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Dec 22, 2012
464 posts
235 upvotes
Mississauga
My username causes me to like this thread lol good deal and needed in your collection even if you have game pass!
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1245 posts
173 upvotes
3express wrote: Halo 4 is part of the Master Chief Collection now.

Although, is it true that Halo 5 will "Never" be part of the MCC and/or released on PC? Anyone know why??
Probably because it doesn't deserve to be part of the MCC.