Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
STEAM

Jackbox sale on Steam

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2019 4:22 pm
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39759 upvotes
Toronto

[STEAM] Jackbox sale on Steam

Deal Link:
Expiry:
March 16, 2019
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
If you want to play a game , check Twitch . Plenty of live streams there so you can try it out and see which party pack is most appealing to you

All Jackbox Games are 40-60% off for
PC/Mac/Linux in the Steam store now!

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/sale_jackbox/

The Jackbox Party Pack - 50% off
The Jackbox Party Pack 2 - 50% off
The Jackbox Party Pack 3 - 50% off
The Jackbox Party Pack 4 - 45% off
The Jackbox Party Pack 5 - 40% off
Quiplash - 60% off
Fibbage XL - 60% off
Drawful 2 - 60% off
You Don't Know Jack Classic Pack - 50% off
Last edited by sprung on Mar 11th, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
17 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2732 posts
3018 upvotes
Ottawa
Sweet. TIme to pick up Party Pack 5.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1069 posts
2119 upvotes
Why only on Steam? Like why would you buy party games for your big non movable PC? These games are meant to be played in groups in front of the TV. This would be perfect for a sale on Switch or even Xbox. Steam sale seems odd unless your getting it for your laptop or something?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39759 upvotes
Toronto
RedSwagDeals wrote: Why only on Steam? Like why would you buy party games for your big non movable PC? These games are meant to be played in groups in front of the TV. This would be perfect for a sale on Switch or even Xbox. Steam sale seems odd unless your getting it for your laptop or something?
A tiny Windows 10 stick would be great too. Take it to all your parties.

https://www.amazon.ca/Quantum-Windows-B ... B00X4O6GRK

For me, I bought the Android TV versions of Jackbox. I use the Nexus Player when I want to take it over to someone's place. Small and portable, cheap now too on the used market.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1726 posts
723 upvotes
HOT DEALL GET ALL 5 BOXES FOR 60$!!!
Feb 24, 2019
805 posts
1354 upvotes
RedSwagDeals wrote: Why only on Steam? Like why would you buy party games for your big non movable PC? These games are meant to be played in groups in front of the TV. This would be perfect for a sale on Switch or even Xbox. Steam sale seems odd unless your getting it for your laptop or something?
many people have the capability to connect their PCs to TVs
Oct 21, 2015
177 posts
1393 upvotes
A113
If you're new to Jackbox, here is how I would rank them, just based on many nights playing with family and friends (each group has preferences, but most lean towards the same games. There may be one or two that fit a difference niche).

1. Jackbox Party Pack 3 (4/5 games are ones we regularly play)
-Quiplash 2 is a much improved version of Quiplash, one of their most popular games (original Quiplash is found in Jackbox Party Pack 2)
-Trivia Murder Party is a fantastic trivia game and will frustrate the hell out of any wannabe trivia buffs in the room
-T Shirt K-O is a sneaky fun game that incorporates the drawing aspect that you get from one or two games in each pack
-Fakin It is great for a group of people who want to get to know each other better, but even better if the group doesn't know each other!

2. Jackbox Party Pack 2
-Fibbage 2 is a great (an upgrade over Fibbage
-Bidiots is a fun drawing game (an upgrade over drawful in PP1)
-Original Quiplash is included (but Quiplash 2, as mentioned above in PP3, is better)

3. Jackbox Party Pack 5
-Mad Verse City is a rap battle game that's hilarious if people can rhyme on their feet
-Patently stupid is a bit drawn out, but great if you have the patience for a longer game with multiple layers
-Comes with the most upgraded version of You Don't Know Jack
-(full disclosure, I have yet to try the other 2 games in the pack)

You can probably skip Party Pack 1 and 4. Most games in 1 have already been upgraded (if you really want a drawing game, buy Drawful 2 separately if you really want it...but most packs above have games with drawing aspects to them). 4 was some quick fun but a couple of the games were repetitive and Fibbage 3 wasn't enough of an upgrade over Fibbage 2.

For comparison, here is what I paid previously:
Jackbox 1 and 2 combo pack (bought from Steam Dec 2015) @ $31.48
Jackbox 3 (bought from Steam Oct. 2016) @ $20.99
Jackbox 4 (bought from Fanatical Mar 2018) @ $5.59

TL;DR: Purchase Jackbox Party Packs 3, 2, and 5 (in that order of priority) for the best value and variety of games for (with replay and repetition in mind).

Will be picking up Jackbox 5 this weekend, thanks OP!
Adventure is out there!
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
I think my personal fav game is likely Trivia Murder Party, but most of my friends prefer Drawful 2 or Fibbage 2.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
You realize you can install Steam on your laptop right?
Or keep it on your desktop and run Steam Link on a RasPi or Android device.
Or all the above since you can run multiple copies of Steam at the same time.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2012
1092 posts
1141 upvotes
Toronto
You can run steam on anyone's PC. You just need to log into Steam using your login ID and then you have access to the games at someone else's house. And with a laptop you can stream on the TV with Chromecast or use a direct HDMI connection. Sounds better to me than lugging around your Xbox.
Nov 3, 2009
448 posts
240 upvotes
Winnipeg
My family will not play fibbage with me anymore. They pick my answers literally everytime and curse me everytime. Any i usually pick the correct answer. Its a pretty useless gift i have lol
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8405 posts
4690 upvotes
Trivia Murder Party (JPP3), Bidiots (JPP2) and Drawful 2 regularly make it onto the TV (through the use of a $3 steam link).

There are so many ways in this world to connect a PC to a TV.... not to mention these aren't resource-intensive AAA games, so they run off a laptop (connected by HDMI in case I have to spell it out) without issue too.

I like Monster Seeking Monsters (JPP4), but you need the right crowd to play it with.
Sep 15, 2013
23 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Drawful is super fun, I highly recommend it. The other games are fun too, but Drawful is pretty hilarious.
Jun 17, 2005
301 posts
287 upvotes
Etobicoke
GreenB4stard wrote: Drawful is super fun, I highly recommend it. The other games are fun too, but Drawful is pretty hilarious.
Agreed. Played it at a friend's recently and it was good fun. Will be picking it up. Thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
How do people still think like this in the year 2019? Embarrassing :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
These prices are not so great to be honest. Party pack 1-3, Drawful 2 and the entire YDKJ series was part of a $6-7 humble bundle not too long ago and I'm pretty sure I've seen Party Pack 1-3 going for like $5 each before. Maybe not a bad deal for Party pack 5 which is more recent but the other games have been and probably will be much cheaper again. Either way I guess it's still better than paying $30 a pack on consolesFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
It's called using a windows laptop and plugging it into a tv through hdmi.

After a few years, the Steam version will still be readily accessable through your newest laptop. It's not like the Switch or Xbox games which are guaranteed to collect dust as those consoles become obsolete.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)