Expired Hot Deals

[STEAM] *LAST DAY* Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers ($24.99) / Complete Edition ($37.48) + $6 off $35 Coupon

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 9:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5670 posts
5065 upvotes

[STEAM] *LAST DAY* Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers ($24.99) / Complete Edition ($37.48) + $6 off $35 Coupon

Deal Link:
Price:
24.99
Savings:
50%
Expiry:
July 9, 2020
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
Arguably the best MMO right now... just in time for summer. I know there's the Steam Summer Sale thread, but this deserves its own thread.

50% off Shadowbringers (latest expansion) - NOTE: You MUST already own FFXIV on STEAM if you want to purchase only the latest expansion. If you purchased the base game from Square Enix / Humble / Amazon, or you own the physical version, you cannot upgrade. Hopefully other retailers will match the price before this sale is over.

50% off Complete Edition (includes base game + all expansions + 30 days game time) on Steam.

Along with the $6 Steam coupon, this is HOT!

If you got the base game for free from last year's RFD deal, you CANNOT upgrade your game! You must create a new account and purchase the Complete Edition on Steam.
sony-online-entertainment-final-fantasy ... h-2377617/

Come join me on the Crystal Data Center / Coeurl Server! PM me if you're interested!

Please no referrals in this thread - but there is a Recruit-a-Friend feature that must be initiated BEFORE you purchase game time or a subscription for the first time. Recruitees get a few useful items and silver chocobo feathers to exchange for gear. Recruiters get gold chocobo feathers to trade for dye/mounts, as well as a special chocobo mount if your recruitee signs up for 90+ days

PRO TIP: Change your cutscene audio to Japanese for way better voice acting!
Last edited by KanataKG on Jul 9th, 2020 10:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
Thread Summary


Subscription Prices:

Entry
$12.99 USD per month
An introductory subscription allowing 1 character per World (monthly billing only).
* A maximum of 8 characters can be created.

Standard
30 days $14.99 USD
90 days $41.97 USD SAVE $3.00
180 days $77.94 USD SAVE $12.00
A standard subscription allowing 8 characters per World.
* A maximum of 40 characters can be created.

Game Cards
60 day standard subscription game cards
- Amazon ($34.99 CAD)
- Square Enix Store ($29.99 USD)
76 replies
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2010
626 posts
670 upvotes
Toronto
Pity the revamp of the starting campaign was delayed. It's a grind to get past the original content.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5670 posts
5065 upvotes
rainydays wrote: Pity the revamp of the starting campaign was delayed. It's a grind to get past the original content.
Patch 5.3 is coming in the next 2-3 weeks. Just enough time for people to situate themselves IMO. The most changes are happening in the level 39-51 range anyway
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1990 posts
1677 upvotes
Yep Ff14 is great. Must try if you haven't tried.

I resub, stopped for a while after wife gave birth. Toddler is now 2 so we resubbed. Finally finished off Heavensward and into stormblood now. Dungeon design is really what makes Ff14 fun.

Cant wait until I reach shadow bringer as everyone says it has the best dungeons / raids / and storyline.

Too bad I have regular edition, I need to wait for sale at GmG, square Enix store to upgrade my copy to shadow bringer
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2010
1190 posts
590 upvotes
Waterloo
Got back into it from the PS4 deals a few weeks back, started a new character and just finished Stormblood a few days ago.

There’s so much great content and I’d highly recommend, especially if you’re a fan of other games in the series as there are cool references and lots of imported boss fights from older games.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 12, 2011
2791 posts
4464 upvotes
London, Ontario
For me it says $6 on $35 or more and only one-time use (is it different in different parts of Canada?), but it will still apply to this and the coupon only works on your first qualifying order so if you already used it it's gone for good.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 26, 2018
884 posts
1955 upvotes
The $6 off $35 Coupon can only be used once so if you've already used it on the summer sale once, you can't do it again.
Image
I have spoken
Avatar origins story
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 19, 2009
5962 posts
1785 upvotes
Scarborough
Ugh, installing the game on steam is a pain. Had to restart the downloader 3 times already, anyone know what's the issue?

I don't know how I'll be able to download H2017.06.06.0000.0001a (51gb file) without it restarting. Sadly there is no save progress either
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5670 posts
5065 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote: Ugh, installing the game on steam is a pain. Had to restart the downloader 3 times already, anyone know what's the issue?

I don't know how I'll be able to download H2017.06.06.0000.0001a (51gb file) without it restarting. Sadly there is no save progress either
It sounds like the download progress is being saved - the base game is around 110GB total

I got disconnected a couple times too.. could have just been my computer going to sleep
Sr. Member
Feb 5, 2007
518 posts
244 upvotes
East York
great game no doubt, too bad don't have time to play it.
Newbie
Nov 22, 2015
92 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does the 30 day game time start when you purchase, or when you actually create an account. I've been interested in trying, but if the new user experience is getting revamped in 2-3 weeks, along with time away for summer vacations, i'd love to buy now but wait until mid-august to start.
Newbie
Nov 21, 2014
50 posts
45 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Has anyone purchased the base game or previous expansions through another source, then bought Shadowbringers on Steam? I'd purchased the base game and Stormblood on the Square-Enix store, but this is the lowest price I've seen on Shadowbringers.

The Steam page lists:

"This product is only compatible with the Steam version of FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn. If you’ve purchased FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn on Steam, then you must also purchase FINAL FANTASY® XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS on Steam to upgrade your existing account."

but then talks about redeeming the code through SE's services

" You will be able to redeem the registration code for “FINAL FANTASY XIV” on Mog station on the day of the official launch, July 2nd."

which leaves me a little confused, but I'd rather not gamble $25. Has anyone in this scenario gone through with it?
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2010
626 posts
670 upvotes
Toronto
banzaikitty wrote: Has anyone purchased the base game or previous expansions through another source, then bought Shadowbringers on Steam? I'd purchased the base game and Stormblood on the Square-Enix store, but this is the lowest price I've seen on Shadowbringers.

The Steam page lists:

"This product is only compatible with the Steam version of FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn. If you’ve purchased FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn on Steam, then you must also purchase FINAL FANTASY® XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS on Steam to upgrade your existing account."

but then talks about redeeming the code through SE's services

" You will be able to redeem the registration code for “FINAL FANTASY XIV” on Mog station on the day of the official launch, July 2nd."

which leaves me a little confused, but I'd rather not gamble $25. Has anyone in this scenario gone through with it?
My understanding is that which way you buy the base game (steam vs non-steam), then that's the only way you can keep buying expansions
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2010
626 posts
670 upvotes
Toronto
Blackdove77 wrote: Does the 30 day game time start when you purchase, or when you actually create an account. I've been interested in trying, but if the new user experience is getting revamped in 2-3 weeks, along with time away for summer vacations, i'd love to buy now but wait until mid-august to start.
You game time wouldn't start until you activate/create your account with squareenix
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5670 posts
5065 upvotes
banzaikitty wrote: Has anyone purchased the base game or previous expansions through another source, then bought Shadowbringers on Steam? I'd purchased the base game and Stormblood on the Square-Enix store, but this is the lowest price I've seen on Shadowbringers.

The Steam page lists:

"This product is only compatible with the Steam version of FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn. If you’ve purchased FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn on Steam, then you must also purchase FINAL FANTASY® XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS on Steam to upgrade your existing account."

but then talks about redeeming the code through SE's services

" You will be able to redeem the registration code for “FINAL FANTASY XIV” on Mog station on the day of the official launch, July 2nd."

which leaves me a little confused, but I'd rather not gamble $25. Has anyone in this scenario gone through with it?
You cannot use the Steam version if you don't own the base game on Steam as well.

It's confusing but yes, there is a part where you go to your Square Enix account and enter the code that you get from Steam. If you have a non-Steam base game, the code will come up as invalid
Last edited by KanataKG on Jun 29th, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)