Price:
Savings:
50%
Expiry:
August 21, 2019
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
No Man's Sky is 3 Year Old Today. On the 14th their releasing their biggest Patch Yet that Includes VR, MMO Style Multiplayer, Massive varied Content Patch that is double the Patch notes for Next that varies from Logic Systems, to Electricity, to entire new animal farming system that you can Milk and much more.

For those who hate NMS it had a bad launch but it's done a full 180 and it's been one the best investments I made even if it was not worth the price at launch. They keep adding more and more content and it's a totally different game then it was before.

Beyond Trailer:

Interview about Beyond:

VR Trailer:

Reason For Post: The best sale on Steam only been 60% for PC and this is 50%. As more and more content is added it becomes a new game each time and so this is quite a decent price especially the VR capabilities coming in 5 days.

everything we know so far
  • 16-32 players, dependant on platform, filled with online friends and strangers.
  • The Nexus – a new social space, without load times. Can be called in any system the player is currently stationed in. Think of this equal to Destiny’s Tower.
  • Includes new shops, missions & story elements.
  • Nada and Polo own The Nexus.
  • The Nexus exists outside of space and time.
  • Can take on multiplayer missions, broadcast to anyone in the Nexus, and form up in “fireteams”, seamlessly exiting into the same system together.
  • “Once you dock at a Nexus, you’ll connect to up to 31 other players, all linked by a mix of Hello Games’ server infrastructure and a peer-server system.“
  • “You’ll also see “screenshots of bases they’ve built on planets” floating near them. These images are firm reminders that anyone in a given Nexus can warp to someone’s base anywhere in the galaxy by interacting with that stranger (should their permissions allow it).
  • Featured Bases – Another feature coming to the Nexus is “featured bases,” which will see Hello Games recognizing user-made content across the game’s galaxy based on factors like popularity among Nexus users. Should a user’s creations become popular enough, every single online player will get a limited-time nudge to warp directly to that base and see it first-hand, if they so choose.
  • Community missions – Accepting these missions will warp players directly to a particular system or planet, where they’ll automatically join a shard of other online players. Completing these rewards players with in-game currency, which can be spent on a new “rewards shop” Community missions WILL NOT be in game at release.
  • Certain planets are also being transformed into social spaces where players can mess around with one another.
VR
  • Supports all major headsets as well as their various control methods.
  • Teleportation movement options as well as direct movement.
  • “Grab the flight stick in one hand and throttle in the other”
  • “Reach out to lift the cockpit up…”
  • Everything that can be done in the base game can be done in VR, meaning you can also join non-VR players with no restrictions (other than them not being able to fist-bump you).
  • VR Controls are fundamentally different, from activating your analysis visor by tapping the side of your head, to navigating menus by physically prodding at holographic displays that wink into existence out of the back of your space-gloves.
  • PS4 players won’t be forced to use move controllers and will have the option to use DualShock 4 controllers instead.
  • “…wanting to be able to just punch the carbon out of an alien plant instead of using my mining laser, and a developer tells me to try it. It works.”
  • You’ll be able to use your existing save with VR.
  • NEXT Changelist was roughly 250 changes. Beyond: twice as long.
  • Heavy focus on optimisation.
  • Community-focused approach to fixes and additions.
  • New Galactic Map.
  • New alien races.
  • New languages.
  • Chairs can be sat on.
  • Walking NPC, both in stations and on planets.
  • Expanded base building – industrial elements, logic pieces (think Minecraft’s redstone), electricity grids, teleporters, physics distortion systems.
  • Bigger, more complex bases.
  • Taming, riding, and milking creatures
  • Hello Games has gone to the trouble of making nearly every creature size-compatible with these features, from “huge dinosaurs to tiny rodents.”
  • Create big farms – full of crops to harvest.
  • “The worlds No Man’s Sky generates aren’t just magnificent to behold anymore, they are going to feel properly populated.
  • Menu/discovery log UI being altered.
  • Planets are more dense and more varied (article says planets “Won’t be the same huge boring biome”)
Last edited by kanechart on Aug 10th, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
---
62 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3326 posts
1841 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
No Man's Sky Visions:

No Man's Sky Abyss:

No Man's Sky Next:

And much more.
---
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
1889 posts
1830 upvotes
lowest recorded price on this

CDN$ 26.59 at -60%
and has been lower on other sites I believe. goes for the 50% off so often
new trailer from yesterday :D
Last edited by waven101 on Aug 9th, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3326 posts
1841 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
waven101 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 5:20 pm
lowest recorded price on this

CDN$ 26.59 at -60%
and has been lower on other sites I believe. goes for the 50% off so often
As stated in the topic.
---
Nov 21, 2010
11 posts
14 upvotes
Thanks OP, this looks way better than a few years ago! Thanks for linking the trailers and providing the info, appreciate it.
Jun 9, 2009
680 posts
101 upvotes
Hamilton
What is the goal in the game? I’m curious but not sure if I’d play from reading reviews alone.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1209 posts
583 upvotes
So expensive for what is essentially an indie game.

Remember the sweet little lies?

Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1763 posts
1031 upvotes
Will probably bite on this game once it's in a humble bundle
Feb 26, 2017
369 posts
215 upvotes
peji911 wrote: What is the goal in the game? I’m curious but not sure if I’d play from reading reviews alone.
You mine like crazy. Mine more, combine what you mine. Trade the stuff you mined for better tools to mine. Eventually you mine faster, and can buy a better ship. Oh and you can shoot other ships and mine in space.
Jun 7, 2018
91 posts
113 upvotes
Honestly waiting for this game to either come on the Xbox Game Pass or sub $15, I'd only bite at this price had I had a VR headset.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2917 posts
853 upvotes
I'm going to promise to pay for the game but then use monopoly money. Seems appropriate given the lies made about the game. Over time, I'll pay real money and gradually claw back the monopoly cash...

I don't care if the game is being "improved". Letting the developers get away with this behaviour is one of the biggest mistakes players make and it's destroying the quality of the games we get. Stop allowing developers to over-promise, release games in an unfinished state, gouge us with microtransactions, DLC and "surprise mechanics" (loot crates) and STOP pre-ordering. The notion that you can just return the game at launch if it sucks is idiotic and only further entrenches the crap factory.
Last edited by txenglan on Aug 11th, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 29, 2017
30 posts
17 upvotes
I don't mind that they under deliver at launch as long as they say "it's coming" not "it's ready". I bought both this game and fallout 76 at launch and was cheated essentially. All they had to say was " it's a work in progress like Minecraft" and I would have waited or been happy to support a project I liked.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2917 posts
853 upvotes
BearZen wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 12:48 am
I don't mind that they under deliver at launch as long as they say "it's coming" not "it's ready". I bought both this game and fallout 76 at launch and was cheated essentially. All they had to say was " it's a work in progress like Minecraft" and I would have waited or been happy to support a project I liked.
There's a name for that state - pre-release. Actually, even pre-releases are to blame for the crap games we're generally getting these days. Many of them don't get completed. The studio/publisher generate hype, ask for donations/backers then never really release the game. For example, 7 Days to Die. More like 50 years to complete....