Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
STEAM

[Origin] Need for Speed Heat Deluxe - $4.50 (95% off) - Week-end free to play !

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2022 4:53 am
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
4506 posts
10358 upvotes
FunnyGamer wrote: Yes, it was. Thanks for the reminder. That was for Origin. Having to keep track of purchases across platforms is annoying but that is the world we live in.
The world is actually better than you think! ;)

Install GoG Galaxy and experience a world where you have no idea where your games come from... you just play them. It integrates all games from near all stores in to one interface. You can see what you own and from what service (shows if you own it on multiple services as well and lets you choose which service to play that game on). I have thousands of games across many stores and services, so GoG Galaxy is a lifesaver.

https://www.gog.com/galaxy

Last edited by Elrondolio on Sep 29th, 2022 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dec 15, 2019
248 posts
255 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: is this like hot pursuit?

haven't played NFS in ages.
It's different. More "free roam" oriented and focused on customization.

I've always been a fan of NFS games but this was absolute trash (probably the worse one I've played). I got it for free from the Prime Gaming promo a month back and played it for 20min before uninstalling. I found the physics and oddly, the camera angles particularly bad.

Payback was great if you're looking for a new-ish NFS game.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
4506 posts
10358 upvotes
calbean wrote: It's different. More "free roam" oriented and focused on customization.

I've always been a fan of NFS games but this was absolute trash (probably the worse one I've played). I got it for free from the Prime Gaming promo a month back and played it for 20min before uninstalling. I found the physics and oddly, the camera angles particularly bad.

Payback was great if you're looking for a new-ish NFS game.
I've also played every NFS game... and I really enjoy(ed) Heat. Here is Opencritic to help anyone decide for themselves:

https://opencritic.com/game/8182/need-for-speed-heat

Plus, has some pretty good mods:

https://www.nexusmods.com/needforspeedheat
Last edited by Elrondolio on Sep 29th, 2022 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 17, 2019
248 posts
365 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Noob question:

I have m1pro 14 macbook, will this game run on macOS?
😎 Money Saved is Money Earned 😎
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10151 posts
14697 upvotes
GT-EH
azncapcom wrote: is this like hot pursuit?

haven't played NFS in ages.
Hot Pursuit was the GOAT of them all.

BTW this one was given away on Amazon Prime Gaming a few months ago.
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3251 posts
689 upvotes
Ottawa
Oh, fiddle-dee-dee. I finally decided to pay for this game today, but it turns out the DLC isn't free anymore for some strange reason.

Oh well, it's not all that important anyway.
Sep 2, 2007
351 posts
278 upvotes
Man I used to love racing games like this, but now I have a racing sim setup and been trying to get into sim type games and mostly been playing Forza and the GT series before that.
Its been weird and somewhat forgotten how much I missed these arcade style semi story driven NFS type games nowadays.

I was curious which modern NFS games are the best as I feel they have had a fairly poor reputation overall lately. I'm seeing heat and payback as some good newer NFS games?

To me I loved the first few NFS, than hot pursuit, than the good ol underground series. The one that I personally feel is underappreciated is NFS Carbon, especially on the Wii believe it or not lol.
The wii motion controls/steering actually added so much to this game and I believe had a fully functional clutch button if enabled which was amazing.
Playing those canyon duals/boss fights on my new sim setup with wheel and stick shifter 120" projector and full sound system really blows my mind, the music and atmosphere was so intense, not to mention actually really challenging.
Really made me miss these types of games, vs the stale sim racers, even horizon never really grabbed me like I thought it would personally.

I'm actually quite curious about this newest NFS Unbound, going back to the streets with an urban aesthetic, dialog seems much improved over the over the top fast and furious wannabe characters that were in turn hilarious to me, unbound actually seems toned down and more street/hip hop influenced which is quite cool and interesting imo.