THanks! So many free games lately, I will never be able to play them haha
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Dec 7, 2007
5145 posts
21528 upvotes
Toronto
http://store.steampowered.com/app/26559 ... _Solstice/
2280 A.D. The last few survivors of a ruined Earth seek a new home: Mars, a planet whose inhabitants didn't take too kindly to outsiders. The Red Solstice is a tense, tactical, squad-based action game. Fight to survive with up to 8 players in co-op, or lead your own squad in single-player mode.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1368 upvotes
SoroSuub1 wrote: Is this perma-free if you add to your library or just play for 48 hours?
That's what I would like to know, too. I think it's the latter.
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19782 posts
9223 upvotes
Oakville
Never gonna play it, but free is free!
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19627 posts
7009 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
wearysky wrote: Never gonna play it, but free is free!
It's amazing how many games there are that just aren't worth spending the time to play even when they're free. I just don't get it.
May 3, 2010
25 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary
UltimateWarrior wrote: For the next 48 hours, you can grab The Red Solstice for free on Steam. The game itself seems decent with good reviews. Worth a try.
So does this mean after 48 hours you can no longer play the game for free?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
8369 posts
6402 upvotes
Kitchener
amorphism wrote: So does this mean after 48 hours you can no longer play the game for free?
Seems like that's the case.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1139 posts
311 upvotes
Richmond Hill
amorphism wrote: So does this mean after 48 hours you can no longer play the game for free?
IntrepidRT wrote: Seems like that's the case.
No, it means you can "purchase" it for $0 for the next 48 hours. This adds it to your library permanantly.
After 48 hours, the price goes back up, but you fully own the game and can play it any time you want to.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19782 posts
9223 upvotes
Oakville
leonheartx wrote: No, it means you can "purchase" it for $0 for the next 48 hours. This adds it to your library permanantly.
After 48 hours, the price goes back up, but you fully own the game and can play it any time you want to.
The steam website says "Play The Red Solstice Free for 48 Hours", as opposed to "get it free for the next 48 hours"... But I can't remember the last free steam game I got, so not sure if this is how they always word it when they're just giving the game away.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1139 posts
311 upvotes
Richmond Hill
wearysky wrote: The steam website says "Play The Red Solstice Free for 48 Hours", as opposed to "get it free for the next 48 hours"... But I can't remember the last free steam game I got, so not sure if this is how they always word it when they're just giving the game away.
I think it's just confusing formatting and it's meant to be 2 separate things and not read as one sentence.

[Play The Red Solstice]
----
[Free for 48 hours]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2930 posts
5241 upvotes
London, Ontario
It says it's free for 48 hours (not play for free) and then when you click to get it it says it's registered to your library. That sounds like a keep forever thing to me. Thanks, OP!
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10875 posts
5112 upvotes
Added to library and sons thanks.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
20020 posts
6058 upvotes
Says it is already in my Steam library. Thanks anyway...
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3232 posts
1741 upvotes
West Coast
Seeing the below gives me a pretty good indication its permanent.

Success!
The Red Solstice is now registered to your account on Steam.

To access your new content, simply launch this product from your Library on Steam.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers