9356 posts
57564 upvotes
Ontario

[STEAM] PubG Free to play (June 4-8) & 50% off

Deal Link:
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
If you are looking to buy Pubg on steam, this might be the cheapest option.

I will probably buy it at 50% off.
19 replies
May 22, 2013
43 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Caveat: in the last patch they added bots to regular games so they've basically destroyed that mode.

To avoid the bots you will have to play in Ranked mode, which is all heavily seasoned players that will tear you apart if you are new.

Basically the player-base is so small now that wait times to fill a game were like 10-20 minutes off-peak hours. Hard-core players stay because the other games are arcadey crap like Blackout and Warzone but the game is
pretty much a dead property.

https://steamcharts.com/app/578080
Penalty Box
Jan 4, 2011
5210 posts
1962 upvotes
Buggiest game ever. Even after years of development it still runs like garbage.

Even free i wouldnt play it.
Feb 24, 2019
31 posts
31 upvotes
There was a big fix pubg thing a while ago? Did they fix whatever they wanted to fix?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4630 posts
1053 upvotes
Scarborough
Isn't the game free for Pro on Stadia right now? I would think that would be a better platform to trial the game since you don't have the wait and download the game.
Aug 1, 2016
271 posts
419 upvotes
Cod warzone is better than this game in every regards. Sure cod has its bugs but this game has been out for much longer and made eff ton of money yet so many problems still exist. Not sure why it didnt go F2P a long time ago but I wouldnt support bluehole.
Aug 21, 2019
394 posts
253 upvotes
BC
Get Pubg mobile PC by Gameloop its free and is quite similar in that it has somewhat realistic gun mechanics with arcadey elements that it doesn't feel like a walking simulator
May 12, 2006
322 posts
172 upvotes
ON
tatamimat wrote: There was a big fix pubg thing a while ago? Did they fix whatever they wanted to fix?
On Xbox there was at least a 40GB update every month, if not more often, and each update still had incredible bugs. It became unplayable for me, the lag spikes/rubber banding increased as time went on.

Granted it was a free game for me, but I would gladly pay for a more polished game rather than suffer through crashed, frozen and laggy games.

Apex Legends appeared to be better, as far as a free game, definitely more polished battle royale style game. However, lately, the lag spikes are horrible and the game is almost following the same fate.
May 22, 2013
43 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
E.g Currently it is 9:40am on a tuesday and so far I've waited 15 minutes without finding a game.

Also, they do maintenance on the servers almost every week and it's ALWAYS on a Monday right at peak time in North America. It lasts 4-8 hours, during which you can't play at all.

So forget playing on Monday's from 9pm-1am, and during the day you'll have to wait, and wait.

Edit: still waiting and no game available after 30 minutes.

Edit: not a single ranked game in an hour and a half. Ridiculous. This game is dead

Do not buy this game.
Last edited by JmanGTA on Jun 2nd, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 23, 2010
451 posts
1076 upvotes
T Dot
Damn, had no idea PUBG PC was so dead/crappy. I thought about trying it as I've only played mobile and gotten back into since pandemic hit and it's more than decent. I've never waited more than a minute or two for ranked NA server games and cheating hasn't been too bad yet but I've only hit platinum.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9356 posts
57564 upvotes
Ontario
JmanGTA wrote: Caveat: in the last patch they added bots to regular games so they've basically destroyed that mode.

To avoid the bots you will have to play in Ranked mode, which is all heavily seasoned players that will tear you apart if you are new.

Basically the player-base is so small now that wait times to fill a game were like 10-20 minutes off-peak hours. Hard-core players stay because the other games are arcadey crap like Blackout and Warzone but the game is
pretty much a dead property.

https://steamcharts.com/app/578080
I played the mobile one and won 3 times in a row. I was surprised why ppl suck so bad.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9356 posts
57564 upvotes
Ontario
only 8000 players were playing in teh last 32 mins? Is that real?

That's worst than Dota 2
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7190 posts
1973 upvotes
T dot 6
Thatdealguy wrote: only 8000 players were playing in teh last 32 mins? Is that real?

That's worst than Dota 2
Apex Legends, COD Warzone, Fornite are all way way better and free to play. I dont understand why anyone would play money to play PUBG. I dont how one of the original battle royals can still be so buggy after all these years.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Apr 21, 2020
13 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby
Thatdealguy wrote: only 8000 players were playing in teh last 32 mins? Is that real?

That's worst than Dota 2
It was probably right before server maintenance. It's usually every Tuesday evening.

I still play PUBG, and honestly, it's not as terrible as people say. Cheating isn't as rampant as it was a year or two ago. Having tried the other BRs (most recently Warzone), there's nothing quite like PUBG in terms of gunplay. I'd say, if you're even remotely interested, playing it for free to try it out isn't a bad idea. I definitely wouldn't pay full price to play it anymore though. Like others said, it's definitely on its way out, but I don't think it's dead yet. In random squads, you can still find a game pretty fast.

The inclusion of bots has driven a lot of hardcore players away, and it's certainly easier to get into, which, depending on your perspective, can be a good or bad thing. Good, because a casual player can actually make it past the first half of a game without dying a quick death, but bad because you don't learn from the repeated deaths.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)