Quakecom Sale (New Historical Lows!)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2021 9:08 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 19, 2019
272 posts
2190 upvotes

[STEAM] Quakecom Sale (New Historical Lows!)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
August 24, 2021
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
Saw some great deals on Steam for Dishonored 2, DOOM and the like so I thought I'd post it:

DOOM $6.24 (75% off) new low
Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition $13.37 (75% off) new low
Dishonored 2 $5.99 85% off
DOOM Eternal $19.99 (75% off) new low Deluxe Edition is $29.99

That's about it but if you want to RIP AND TEAR, now's the time ;D
Try speaking American, it's the only language I understand.
41 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1175 posts
1479 upvotes
ottawa
Is Fallout 4 GOTY worth it for Single Player? or worth it at all even at that price?
Mar 22, 2018
579 posts
1103 upvotes
Canada
Personally, I really enjoyed it.

Played it without cheats. Finished it.
Played it with cheat codes after and built some crazy mega structures for fun with insane defense setups. lol

For the price of watching a movie in a theater, you instead get 10's to 100's of hours of enjoyment.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9371 posts
6741 upvotes
Toronto
A few OK deals here but all of these games are on Game Pass now and I believe the $1 for 3 months Ultimate deal is still running again and works even if you used it before. I was able to use it again in early July for the 3rd or 4th time now.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1195 posts
1738 upvotes
stcv3 wrote: Is Fallout 4 GOTY worth it for Single Player? or worth it at all even at that price?
depends on what you kind of games like. i'm an old school Fallout player from the first game.

Fallout 4 is pretty solid but falls into standard Bethesda issues. i bought the game at launch for MSRP and don't regret buying it.

i think the single player is worth it, esp with the DLCs. but IMHO Fallout 4 falls kind of flat on its face when you finish the story. but most things leading up to that is quite fun and i think the map is worth exploring. buy now and play on rainy/snowy days during covid lockdowns? :)
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1175 posts
1479 upvotes
ottawa
gotglint wrote: depends on what you kind of games like. i'm an old school Fallout player from the first game.

Fallout 4 is pretty solid but falls into standard Bethesda issues. i bought the game at launch for MSRP and don't regret buying it.

i think the single player is worth it, esp with the DLCs. but IMHO Fallout 4 falls kind of flat on its face when you finish the story. but most things leading up to that is quite fun and i think the map is worth exploring. buy now and play on rainy/snowy days during covid lockdowns? :)
funtastic wrote: Personally, I really enjoyed it.

Played it without cheats. Finished it.
Played it with cheat codes after and built some crazy mega structures for fun with insane defense setups. lol

For the price of watching a movie in a theater, you instead get 10's to 100's of hours of enjoyment.
I think you guys convinced me!
[OP]
Dec 19, 2019
272 posts
2190 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:A few OK deals here but all of these games are on Game Pass now and I believe the $1 for 3 months Ultimate deal is still running again and works even if you used it before. I was able to use it again in early July for the 3rd or 4th time now.
Some of us are Steam purists though. None of these games are on the Epic Store and DOOM I believe isn't available on Microsoft's PC store (the other are though). Plus some of us don't use subscriptions for whatever reason so it's nice to just have it in your library waiting for you to play it someday vs. sweating over a sub service.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2510 posts
945 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
BanditKeith wrote: Some of us are Steam purists though. None of these games are on the Epic Store and DOOM I believe isn't available on Microsoft's PC store (the other are though). Plus some of us don't use subscriptions for whatever reason so it's nice to just have it in your library waiting for you to play it someday vs. sweating over a sub service.
Not to mention that the Game Pass versions of games often have some limitations placed on them that the full versions do not have. Not aware of any for these particular games, but something else to keep in mind.

Anyone find the DOOM Eternal DLC worth buying? I enjoyed Doom but haven't got around to playing DOOM Eternal yet.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
2287 posts
2077 upvotes
Is the dishonored 2 version on steam better than the windows store version?
Dec 12, 2019
242 posts
241 upvotes
The reputation for the DLC's is that they're hard but ultimately worth it, especially on sale. Eternal is awesome though. Definitely recommend. Graphics are tight, controls are on point. Just an all-around solid addition to the DOOM franchise IMO.
May 22, 2009
638 posts
1250 upvotes
Canada
It may be worthwhile to check out the same sale at fanatical for these Bethesda games. Some are cheaper there but others cheaper on the steam sale. For example Doom Eternal Deluxe Ed. is $26.39 on Fanatical vs. $29.99 on steam. If you want the regular version tho, the $19.99 on steam is cheaper vs $22.39 on fanatical

https://www.fanatical.com/en/publishers ... dium=email
Don't ask "Is this a good deal?" when creating a thread. That goes in shopping discussion. Please post the price in title. Giving upvotes is free and yes, it is imaginary points that mean nothing but it also makes their effort feel appreciated
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20173 posts
8224 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Still need to play Doom Eternal bought it ages ago for much more money and got distracted by other things. FML.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1195 posts
1738 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Quake and Doom series games represent a more innocent time in gaming history. A time where young men had an outlet for their obsessions and bigotries, and gaming studios produced some fantastic gaming experiences.

The relevant gaming forums back then were a stew of good laughs and mild hate for everything under the sun. Equal opportunity hate, somehow.

Good times.
i played Quake 3: Arena sooooooo much in University to get rid of pent up tension/stress

10 mins of deathmatch was oooooh sooooo sooothing

wish they would remaster these games with AI so i can play it on my OLED lol
[OP]
Dec 19, 2019
272 posts
2190 upvotes
Kevcorm wrote:Is the dishonored 2 version on steam better than the windows store version?
I think so DRM wise. Dishonored 2's Steam edition took out Denuvo ((proof here), not sure about the Windows version but since it has no DRM on Steam I'd just go with that version if you were planning on buying one vs. the other (unless you also want to get the Xbox achievements, then do what you like).
BinaryJay wrote:Still need to play Doom Eternal bought it ages ago for much more money and got distracted by other things. FML.
Sounds like you need to RIP AND TEAR something. I suggest lots of demons :)
Oct 6, 2010
459 posts
288 upvotes
London
redflagdealsguy wrote: Quake and Doom series games represent a more innocent time in gaming history. A time where young men had an outlet for their obsessions and bigotries, and gaming studios produced some fantastic gaming experiences.

The relevant gaming forums back then were a stew of good laughs and mild hate for everything under the sun. Equal opportunity hate, somehow.

Good times.
A more innocent time yet they were also more bigoted? Kind of contradictory. Very strange to be nostalgic for more overt hatred in gaming communities.
May 22, 2009
638 posts
1250 upvotes
Canada
ReeGee wrote: A few OK deals here but all of these games are on Game Pass now and I believe the $1 for 3 months Ultimate deal is still running again and works even if you used it before. I was able to use it again in early July for the 3rd or 4th time now.
I don't think they are running the $1 for 3 months anymore, its $1 for the first month only, ultimate and pc now. If you can find a link with the 3 months please share as I can't find it.
Don't ask "Is this a good deal?" when creating a thread. That goes in shopping discussion. Please post the price in title. Giving upvotes is free and yes, it is imaginary points that mean nothing but it also makes their effort feel appreciated
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
Sweet, Fallout 4 looks good at that price.

What Steam, I already own Fallout 4 GOTY? With 0 hours played??

Guess I know what i'm gonna install tomorrow.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9371 posts
6741 upvotes
Toronto
pwned.u wrote: I don't think they are running the $1 for 3 months anymore, its $1 for the first month only, ultimate and pc now. If you can find a link with the 3 months please share as I can't find it.
looks like it probably ended in June or July, I just checked and it was June 20th when I paid another $1 through to September. That deal and others come and go all the time though. If you're on PC and don't need XBL gold, only subscribe when there's a deal, turn off recurring billing and wait for the next. I've been subbed for like 2 years and have never paid more than $1 a month/3 months or $5/3 months because there's almost always a deal for expired accounts.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2009
1064 posts
537 upvotes
Windsor, Ont.
kr0zet wrote: Sweet, Fallout 4 looks good at that price.

What Steam, I already own Fallout 4 GOTY? With 0 hours played??

Guess I know what i'm gonna install tomorrow.
Is it going to be one of the other 20 games that you have ahead of Fallout 4 in your Steam backlog? Because that's about where I'm at.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)