Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Expiry:
July 9, 2019
Retailer:
STEAM
More offers from STEAM
Save 75% on this game with steam until July 9, 2019. I've been playing it on Switch, despite the bad reviews I am a big fan and would highly recommend.
31 replies
Dec 9, 2006
923 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Great game, and Mali is OP
Jun 11, 2018
130 posts
93 upvotes
I can finally retire Civ V , Thanks OP!

I love this series and have at least 200-300 hours into CIV V!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3895 posts
1518 upvotes
Too bad the expansions aren't as cheap
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5915 posts
1396 upvotes
Yes, waiting for Civ VI complete at 75% off as well.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Dec 23, 2015
79 posts
80 upvotes
toronto
People just an fyi - Great game, but one game at normal speed is minimum 30 hours. It’s nuts. Longest game ever, and I’ve played them all. So I played like 2-3 times and then haven’t played since.
Dec 29, 2008
326 posts
372 upvotes
Mississauga
wow what garbage. Because I have the base game, I can't buy the gold edition. So I'm forced to buy the DLC separately that costs way more!? You've really crossed the line steam!
Mar 25, 2019
62 posts
75 upvotes
RadioDude wrote: wow what garbage. Because I have the base game, I can't buy the gold edition. So I'm forced to buy the DLC separately that costs way more!? You've really crossed the line steam!
If you wanted you could purchase the gold edition as a gift, it would show up in your inventory and then you could click on the gift and use it on your account, you will now have all the gold edition content.
Aug 20, 2018
174 posts
545 upvotes
Might be time to give this a go.

Civ 2 is still my fave (although I have played all but Civ 6) so maybe it’s time to give this one a go.

Or I guess I could dust off my old XP and Civ 2/ Settlers 2/ Sim City 2000 collection...
Feb 26, 2017
611 posts
424 upvotes
Carlos514 wrote: People just an fyi - Great game, but one game at normal speed is minimum 30 hours. It’s nuts. Longest game ever, and I’ve played them all. So I played like 2-3 times and then haven’t played since.
I think that’s true of all Civ games tho. With the exception of revolution
Aug 20, 2018
174 posts
545 upvotes
Atillathepun wrote: I think that’s true of all Civ games tho. With the exception of revolution
Yeah exactly. All bar Rev could evaporate hours in one game. Actually one of the stronger points of Rev as it was a totally different experience.

Is 6 worth it? I suppose the price is about as good as it’s going to get here!
Aug 21, 2005
214 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
I still play 3 occasionally. I bought 4 and 5, but never got into either. To me, it's the same thing with vastly increasing hardware requirements and very little improvement in playability (in fact, I find the 3D stuff interfering with my enjoyment). So to my mind, 3 is the best it got, and all downhill since. But if you liked 4 and/or 5, you'll probably like 6 even more.
Aug 20, 2018
174 posts
545 upvotes
I think that’s why I like 2 so much. Total simplicity for the base game. 3 was, imo, ruined by the devastating effect of building more than 10 cities before being ravaged by zero production (although I don’t know whether that was fixed in expansions), and I also just couldn’t get into 4 or 5 enough. Rev was a welcome return to simplicity, but I think it went too far with it.

Maybe it’s time to give 6 a go haha. It’s either that or I’m losing my long weekend to Civ 2. Damned RFD...
Dec 29, 2008
326 posts
372 upvotes
Mississauga
vjbharadwaj wrote: If you wanted you could purchase the gold edition as a gift, it would show up in your inventory and then you could click on the gift and use it on your account, you will now have all the gold edition content.
It doesn't work, you have to select a friend to send it to. You can't keep it as a gift
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1131 posts
436 upvotes
Brandon
RadioDude wrote: It doesn't work, you have to select a friend to send it to. You can't keep it as a gift
Setup a second steam account?
Mar 25, 2019
62 posts
75 upvotes
RadioDude wrote: It doesn't work, you have to select a friend to send it to. You can't keep it as a gift
Yup i see they changed that, u used to be able to do that.

Im with you, im jumping onto the steam hate wagon now...they've done messed it up.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2265 posts
1400 upvotes
Contemplating if I should pull the trigger on this. Haven’t play a Civ game since 3...
Dec 23, 2015
79 posts
80 upvotes
toronto
Atillathepun wrote: I think that’s true of all Civ games tho. With the exception of revolution
I hear you - but 6 easily was double the hours of 5. 5, I could at least finish one game during the same day if I start early (i.e. 10-15 hours).
No matter what I did, I couldnt finish a 6 game in one day (on normal speed)...and even 2, was pushing it.

That being said...its a great game with a lot of new ideas and things to learn!
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1267 posts
1032 upvotes
Montreal
Been palying Civ since Civ 2 and played all of them but I keep going back to 5. I just don't like the new gameplay systems of the 6th one. Maybe I'm just too old now...