• Jul 9th, 2019 2:17 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2137 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
OldMarriedGuy wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 9:09 am
Guess I’ll have another chance to blow some dough on games I’ll likely not ever play Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
At this point, just collecting the games during sales is a sort of hobby in and of itself. Actually playing and working through the backlog is just a bonus.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Dec 24, 2009
873 posts
339 upvotes
Quebec City
NowJoJo wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 7:56 am
Sale is still live though?
Until 11AM PST, 2PM EST

Just enough to buy 3 more games, sigh :P
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6029 posts
710 upvotes
Mississauga
purchased fire pro wrestling and friday the 13th

should i get the metro 2033 bundle?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3533 posts
1142 upvotes
iceman86 wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 12:48 pm
DRAGON BALL FighterZ
https://store.steampowered.com/app/6789 ... _FighterZ/

MK11
https://store.steampowered.com/app/9763 ... _Kombat11/

Are these games worth the sale price right now? Or can it get lower?
Seems like the right price for DBZ for now.

MK11, personally I'd wait. In the winter, there's usually an XL version that gets released...and a year after that, the XL version will be $10 (I believe that's generally the trend).
But if you're a big MK fan, I guess any sale is better than no sale. As a comparison, I believe it's been $50 on consoles.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3533 posts
1142 upvotes
Longobongo wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 12:08 pm
purchased fire pro wrestling and friday the 13th

should i get the metro 2033 bundle?
Question: Are you intending to play it between now and the winter sale? If not, I wouldn't bother.
Jul 26, 2008
627 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
halcyon wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 12:56 pm
Seems like the right price for DBZ for now.

MK11, personally I'd wait. In the winter, there's usually an XL version that gets released...and a year after that, the XL version will be $10 (I believe that's generally the trend).
But if you're a big MK fan, I guess any sale is better than no sale. As a comparison, I believe it's been $50 on consoles.
Thanks, I pulled triggered! Got both games. Can't wait!

Also for these types of fighting games is it best to use a controller to play? Any recommendation how to get setup on laptop/PC?
Last edited by iceman86 on Jul 9th, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6029 posts
710 upvotes
Mississauga
halcyon wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 12:57 pm
Question: Are you intending to play it between now and the winter sale? If not, I wouldn't bother.
nope, sale's over anyway, my wallet is happy :D
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4773 posts
3543 upvotes
Toronto
Sale is over now, I'm reporting thread as expired.

Personally didn't get anything, too much of a backlog. I did grab GTA 5 for $15 technically, but noticed it's 60GB download and reviews aren't saying good things for multiplayer so decided to refund before installing.

The craziest thing this sale was the steam level upgrade, think I went up like 40 levels, which increases automatic booster card drop rate. Wonder if anyone else took advantage of it? I find if you resell all the cards, free cosmetic in-game item drops (tf2, cs:go, rust) on steam community market I often end up with a healthy steam wallet by the end of the year.
Dec 10, 2005
158 posts
53 upvotes
This is the first steam sale where I haven't bought anything! I may be able to work on that massive game backlog this summer :D
halcyon wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 12:56 pm
I stupidly bought MK11 at launch (though at a discount through CDKeys). I'm sure they've patched it since I last played but it was glitchy, laggy, frame rate droppy. You were wise not to buy day 1.