Great price for a fantastic game.
Aug 14, 2014
637 posts
507 upvotes
Amazing game with so much modding support, I have over 900 hours
May 30, 2019
9 posts
15 upvotes
As a player of the original X-com games, although having slightly different mechanics, I can say the spirit of the new X-coms is the same and this game is very enjoyable. Unlike, for example, going from Fallout 2 to Fallout 3.

I did like that they flipped X-com 2 upside down and you play as the evil terrorists taking down the new alien overlords. Highly recommended!
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1323 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
Are any of DLCs worth getting? They all seemed to be character outfits, weapons and some maps.
Sep 8, 2007
435 posts
219 upvotes
gyong3 wrote: Are any of DLCs worth getting? They all seemed to be character outfits, weapons and some maps.
I think War of the Chosen is the must have DLC for the game.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2251 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
gyong3 wrote: Are any of DLCs worth getting? They all seemed to be character outfits, weapons and some maps.
The War of the Chosen expansion is all but essential, and basically doubles the game size. Elsewhere, the DLCs are still nice to have, but not required. Honestly recommend getting the collection bundle for those interested.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Aug 14, 2014
637 posts
507 upvotes
War of the Chosen is really good, dont believe you really need any of the others
Feb 3, 2021
61 posts
65 upvotes
I joined to say thank you! I always wanted to get this game
Jun 19, 2017
640 posts
1173 upvotes
Canada
txenglan wrote: Great price for a fantastic game.
Couldn’t have said it better myself!
Jun 15, 2015
136 posts
96 upvotes
Victoria, BC
20.xx vs 24.xx. not that much cheaper but I've never seen this site before so thanks for the link. The cheapest option though is on backorder.
Feb 28, 2006
269 posts
237 upvotes
Too bad the collection with the War of the Chosen expansion doesn't have the same discount. For some reason this game hasn't have the same deep discounts that the first XCOM had.
Aug 8, 2006
94 posts
46 upvotes
Mississauga
It’s 92% off... but you’ll still miss!
Nov 13, 2016
155 posts
125 upvotes
Steam tags this game as turn based strategy ... that's not correct is it? Looks like an FPS?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3592 posts
1798 upvotes
HarryMuscle wrote: Steam tags this game as turn based strategy ... that's not correct is it? Looks like an FPS?
No, it is turn based strategy.
Sep 24, 2020
15 posts
11 upvotes
WotC is a must if you enjoy the vanilla game. It's a definitive upgrade/change from the base game. Tons of new mechanics and tweaks to the vanilla gameplay.

TLP is mostly a tribute for fans, plus q mini campaign like set of missions, with an epic ending for xcom:eu/ew fans.

Alien Hunter add mini boss types enemies that will **** your **** up, but drop OP armor as rewards. Also comes with weapons with unique properties that are effective against the rulers and can help for the rest of the campaign. Optional introductionary mission.

Shen's Last Gift. Introduces a new type of robot soldier with some unique mechanics. Optional introductionary mission.

The rest are cosmetics that are not worth it as there are tons you can get in the workshop for free.
Dec 2, 2016
205 posts
221 upvotes
Esg876 wrote: War of the Chosen is really good, dont believe you really need any of the others
Think it's worth playing the game once without? I just picked up the basic edition so far, and was thinking of getting the expansion to add to a second playthrough.
Nov 14, 2012
736 posts
381 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks OP, I just learned about this website. Also great price for an awesome game.