Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Steelcase Black Friday

Designer furniture 15% +, world's top ergo chairs Leap,Gesture,Amia,Think... 25% on preconfigured 'ready to ship' chairs

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2022 8:36 pm
[OP]
Aug 18, 2007
399 posts
286 upvotes

[Black Friday] Designer furniture 15% +, world's top ergo chairs Leap,Gesture,Amia,Think... 25% on preconfigured 'ready to ship' chairs

Deal Link:
Savings:
25%
Retailer:
Steelcase
the deal is dead

Also, theoretically code CHANCE15 might work, yet does not seem so

---------------------------------------------

Steelcase is a leading high-end ergonomic office chair manufacturer. Its Leap (known for great back support) and Gesture (great fully adjustable arm pads) chairs are often rated the best of best and suit most people. Amia is a bit more affordable yet has the best seat, while Think offers wider seat, slick look and streamlined adjustability which is great for a work place shared by several coworkers or family members. Leap Plus is probably widest and can accommodate heavier people up to 500lbs. Leap WorkLounge is transitional between office chair and a lounger. Series 1 is their lightweight, budget model, still arguably more comfortable than Series 2. But generally, Steelcase chairs are sturdy and more traditional than HM's.

And, finally, Steelcase offers some BF & Cyber Weekrebates too

25% off for ready to ship

Their prices may be even steeper than HM'a yet their chairs are more universal in the sense that they are disliked by less peoples than HM's hard mech.

Think model is one of nicer looking, wider, simpler Steelcase chair, and is more affordable than Leap or Gesture. Unlike top Steelcase chairs it has only one lever for height and 4 position switch for backrest, the idea that chair is smart enough to adjust to different types of bodies, up to 400 lbs, without much tinkering.

For me best features are looks, width, fully adjustable arms, and I like how the back feels though sometimes pad it (with 4 $ mesh back cushion from Dollarama) and Leap is more comfortable

reviews

https://www.techgearlab.com/reviews/sma ... case-think

https://blog.szynalski.com/2017/09/revi ... ase-think/

If there are any local dealers around, always first try several chairs at their showroom to at the least to see how the chairs fit you and you may even get a better deal with them

UPDATE - BLACK FRIDAY sales seems prolonged until end of the month
Last edited by s12345 on Dec 15th, 2022 11:06 am, edited 31 times in total.
22 replies
Dec 12, 2013
352 posts
199 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Anyone have opinions on these chairs, specifically the steelcase series 1?

My company provides me 25 percent off all chairs. I can't seem to find anything used and I think I'd prefer buying new for about $100 or so more (for the series 1)
[OP]
Aug 18, 2007
399 posts
286 upvotes
I tried only used or refurb Leap 2 which seemed soft and comfortable and old Think v1 which is a bit hard and shallow for me (v2 is better from what I have heard). Used Thinks, Leaps, Series, Criterions can be found on ebay or kijiji, though I understand that not everybody like bringing home used furniture for a reason

Otherwise would trust reviews. According reviews series 1 is entry level, yet might be more comfortable than series 2
Last edited by s12345 on Nov 24th, 2022 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1891 posts
793 upvotes
Ottawa
I didn't think that prices would continue to rise on office chairs but I bought a Gesture with the headrest around this time last year for $1500 taxes in from a local dealer. The "sale" price is just under $1800 on the Steelcase website. I will say that it was definitely worth it for me to find a showroom to test drive the different chairs before making a decision.
Jul 15, 2011
253 posts
270 upvotes
Vancouver
If you don't mind second hand, there are tons of chairs available on the used marketplace now cause of tech layoffs and WFH office downsizing. I saw a bunch of Steelcase and Herman Miller chairs for 300-600 in the GVA markets.
[OP]
Aug 18, 2007
399 posts
286 upvotes
Meta and Twitter may easily let go employees, but chairs is different thing, the chairs is a long time investment and an important asset, so to say, as they want to be able to hire people instantly.

Though I agree that while new chairs market skyrockets, used seem getting slightly cheaper than during lockdown, when people started getting back pain from sitting on cheap Hyken or Serta chairs from Staples whole day (La-z-boy for me) yet reluctant to invest into fancy new chair due to the bleak prospects for economy.
Last edited by s12345 on Nov 24th, 2022 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2315 posts
1364 upvotes
Home
If you're in a large city, a used one can be had for a fraction of the price from those office furniture liquidators.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2019
1135 posts
1380 upvotes
Does it ship from Canada? If not, will I need to pay duty?
😎
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2018
1017 posts
1146 upvotes
FYI herman miller also has a similar sale going on. i have a SC Gesture at work and a HM Embody at home honestly i quite like both of them
Oct 23, 2022
7 posts
2 upvotes
there is a old thread for it, also HM Retailers such as Gabriel Ross have better deals

BTW today 25% is for many popular chairs 'ready to ship', including Leap

20% is for custom builds
Jan 25, 2016
965 posts
1598 upvotes
Toronto
I was looking at an X-Chair, they seem to ship and charge in USD - so expensive. Needing a high back office chair for work and home. Anyone have any recommendations?
[OP]
Aug 18, 2007
399 posts
286 upvotes
Despite the hype, in-the-depth reviews are not so kind for X X.

Among longback I liked Global Obusform, it is comfortable and sturdy, great for big and tall. For more style and grace maybe Fern? Eames? Or any of top and upper middle tier chairs with decent headrest, even Humanscale Freedom? In low end category Ikea Marcus. My mom likes more classic La-z-boy managers/exec chairs yet she does not to sit in it for long hours. The bonded chair will go away fast but you can buy slipcover

if you for recommendation to buy X locally, why do not you hit al good Canadian Tire they have promo on a X-chair.
Or check any local dealers of your area
Last edited by s12345 on Nov 26th, 2022 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 11, 2011
52 posts
18 upvotes
ergoCentric's tCentric hybrid with the headrest may be a comparable product, and it's manufactured in Cambridge. But also as others have identified, several liquidators in the GTA region sell these high-end chairs in great condition. Hit or miss supply, of course.
Another option with the headrest option would be the Humanscale Freedom chair.
[OP]
Aug 18, 2007
399 posts
286 upvotes
back to 25% on preconfigured chairs
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44570 posts
7783 upvotes
How does it compare with Autonomous AI Ergo Pro? Need a chair for proper ergonomics. Back, neck and lumbar.
Blanka
[OP]
Aug 18, 2007
399 posts
286 upvotes
The top Steelcase chairs are considered world best, comfortable, reliable and covered with good warranty. Not everybody, though, likes the price tag and headrest. A-tier according to BTOD.

Ergo Pro is of tier D, together with Ikea Marcus, according to BTOD (a chair manufacturer and refurnisher of popular brands). They say reviews are overhyped but there are issues almost in every aspect. Well Ergo Pro is still more affordable than top models, and if you are comparing with budget Steelcase chairs, such as Series 1 (tier C), it is not clear which one you enjoy less

Personally I like Global Obusform feel, but this chair is more giant-oriented

Also check BTOD review for headrests ( Neutural Posture 8000 the best, but headrest experience is usually very personal)
https://www.reddit.com/r/OfficeChairs/c ... r_list_20/
https://www.reddit.com/r/OfficeChairs/c ... r_list_20/
Last edited by s12345 on Nov 30th, 2022 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 23, 2022
7 posts
2 upvotes
Leaps upper and low back support is awesome, yet if you looking only into back support, BTOD found chairs with slightly better back support yet lower price tag https://www.btod.com/blog/best-office-chairs-back-pain/

The best headrest is aftermarket Atlas for Aeron and NP8000 according to BTOD (so you but first Aeron then Atlas headrest)

Freedom chair has great lumbar and head support too.

Another rating https://productivityspot.com/best-offic ... back-pain/