Jan 27, 2009
41 posts
12 upvotes
Nepean

Arctis Steel Series 7 Wireless headset black $166.98 Total Shippped

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Steelseries.com
You must sign in into the site to see the "member" price/offers (free to register your email )

Black only : Regular : $189.99
Subtotal CA$126.99
Shipping CA$39.99
Total
Including CA$0.00 VAT CAD CA$166.98

ARCTIS 7
Best wireless gaming headset — PC Gamer

Lossless 2.4 GHz wireless audio designed for low latency gaming
Best mic in gaming: the Discord-certified ClearCast bidirectional microphone
Hear stunning detail in all games with award-winning Arctis sound
Next-generation DTS Headphone:X v2.0 surround sound
24-hour battery life outlasts even your longest gaming sessions
Images
  • post.jpg
20 replies
Sep 29, 2009
618 posts
958 upvotes
Kitchener
Very good headset, most comfortable one to sit on top of my glasses frames that I’ve found. Seemsgood.
Aug 2, 2007
244 posts
203 upvotes
I switched to a Razor wired Blackshark V2. After 2 years, the charging got flakey and stopped entirely.
I needed to frequently reset the headphones with the pin-hole in one of the ears, because the charging light stopped blinking.

For the amount of money, to have it die in 2 years is super disappointing.
But I think the reviews are true on sound, good while it lasted.

YMMV on quality.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1359 posts
467 upvotes
I have this headset, sound quality is great, the mic is fantastic but I do occasionally get wifi interference with it though. Love the chatmix feature too.
Nov 4, 2010
296 posts
273 upvotes
Canada
The 7X version is a tad better buy if you are a multi console gamer as it works on Switch, Xbox & PS
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1344 posts
734 upvotes
Ottawa
FYI SS customer support is atrocious. I took the leap when I found a 9x on sale through Amazon but I had preordered a 7x headset months before and I had to deal with their CS and it was bad. Just something to consider (google other people's experiences, it wasn't an isolated case).
Sep 1, 2017
99 posts
141 upvotes
juantootree4 wrote: That 40 dollar shipping is kinda gross
Yeah for a small headset at that.. man I got 4 tires shipped to my aunt in the States.. tires won't be in stock in Canada until the new year (I called the distributor for all of Canada). They were delivered two days later, no charge for shipping and they ended up costing about half what they would in Canada.

I get population density must play some factor in bringing down the cost of shipping in the States.. but these companies must be losing money on shipping to compete with Amazon in the States and just not care about the Canadian market because it's such a small percentage of their business
Oct 27, 2012
14 posts
16 upvotes
BRAMPTON
engman13 wrote: FYI SS customer support is atrocious. I took the leap when I found a 9x on sale through Amazon but I had preordered a 7x headset months before and I had to deal with their CS and it was bad. Just something to consider (google other people's experiences, it wasn't an isolated case).
Agreed. Good product, terrible company.

I tried to order the 7X at the start of the year, took several months, they never could deliver the product and weren't in a rush to refund my money and I had tried to order twice.

Bought a headset locally and if the first order I placed didn't show up.

Even after a free headset I wouldn't buy directly from them.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1877 posts
1117 upvotes
HeinzKetchup wrote: I switched to a Razor wired Blackshark V2. After 2 years, the charging got flakey and stopped entirely.
I needed to frequently reset the headphones with the pin-hole in one of the ears, because the charging light stopped blinking.

For the amount of money, to have it die in 2 years is super disappointing.
But I think the reviews are true on sound, good while it lasted.

YMMV on quality.
All rechargable accessories become trash after about 2 years because the Li-Ion battery degrades after about 500 full charges.

:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Loser Quote:
Nubby666 wrote: Soy made my buddy cut off his dangus and start wearing spandex running one piece suits, you heard it here first, folks!!! Stay away!!!
May 30, 2018
112 posts
142 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: All rechargable accessories become trash after about 2 years because the Li-Ion battery degrades after about 500 full charges.

Bose QC 35's 20 hour battery might not be the most (i havent looked it up) but ive had mine for over 2 years and they still last 20 hours, and i charge them every night
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1344 posts
734 upvotes
Ottawa
zedan24 wrote: Agreed. Good product, terrible company.

I tried to order the 7X at the start of the year, took several months, they never could deliver the product and weren't in a rush to refund my money and I had tried to order twice.

Bought a headset locally and if the first order I placed didn't show up.

Even after a free headset I wouldn't buy directly from them.
I had to contact Visa to get my account refunded, I still never ended up hearing from them directly.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17828 posts
10393 upvotes
Ottawa
coffeebean wrote: All rechargable accessories become trash after about 2 years because the Li-Ion battery degrades after about 500 full charges.
They don't become trash after 2 years. A battery might only be rated for 500 full cycles....which is charging from 0 to 100. If you don't discharge completely, it counts as a partial cycle. 50 to 100 charge is a half cycle, so it would be good for 1000 days, or 3 years if you did half cycles every day.
And even then don't completely die after the rated number of cycles, after the rated cycles, the battery will still have capacity. Usually manufacturers will state something like: if you do 500 full cycles, the battery will still have 60% of its original capacity.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1877 posts
1117 upvotes
That's in the best case scenario.

Much of the time, the battery swells up between year 2 to 3.

Usually this breaks the surrounding casing and greatly reduces charge.

Pretty much happened to 70% of our work laptops and phones that were used close to 3 years.
Loser Quote:
Nubby666 wrote: Soy made my buddy cut off his dangus and start wearing spandex running one piece suits, you heard it here first, folks!!! Stay away!!!
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11574 posts
9207 upvotes
Toronto
coffeebean wrote: Pretty much happened to 70% of our work laptops and phones that were used close to 3 years.
Work machines take far more abuse than a typical home one, it’s why they often swap em out after a couple years and they go to the off lease laptop stores.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17828 posts
10393 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't know what you are doing to your phones or laptops but I've never had a battery swell up and lose a lot of capacity after 2 or 3 years. I've pulled cells from old phones, mice, keyboards, headphones, cameras, after years (because I wanted to recycle them) and they looked fine and still had a lot of their capacity

Heat is the number one killer of battery capacity. My friend mounted his phone on top of the dash in direct sunlight and I touched it once while it was mounted there and it was so hot I couldn't hold it comfortably, and that phone was plugged in and sitting at 100%. That is a recipe to kill your battery much faster than full charge cycles.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1877 posts
1117 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Work machines take far more abuse than a typical home one, it’s why they often swap em out after a couple years and they go to the off lease laptop stores.
Maybe for some infrequent individuals.

For much of the current adult generation, people use their personal laptops more often and for more computing intensive purposes like gaming, video chats, youtube, etc, which generates more heat than typical productivity apps.

The typical workload on most office worker's laptops are MS Word and Outlook which the CPU mostly sits idle.
Loser Quote:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)