• May 15th, 2020 6:26 pm
[OP]
Nov 29, 2009
186 posts
126 upvotes
London

Steps To Port Number To Public Mobile Prepaid

Hello All,

About to move from Koodo prepaid to Public Mobile prepaid and wish to keep my same number.

Would someone care to show me the steps involved please? TIA ...

Stay Safe ...
WISDOM IS JUST A HIGHER LEVEL OF COMMON SENSE ...
4 replies
Dec 17, 2019
228 posts
230 upvotes
Montreal
The phone number you want to transfer must still be active with your current service provider. Once the transfer has been processed your account with old service provider will be deactivated.

For Wireless - Provide either one of the three pieces of account information from your old service provider – Old Account #, ESN / IMEI / MEID, PIN along with your alternate phone number and your name.

For Wireline - Provide the complete billing address along with your name, alternate number and all other required information.

To port your number at the time of activation, select “Transfer a wireless or wireline number” on Step 5 of Activation Process.

Activation Portal - Step 5

Authorization Name should be the name associated with the number to be ported.

To port your number from your Self Serve account, go to "Plan and Add-ons" from home page and "Change Phone number" and continue with the steps above.

Web Self Serve
I'm a customer at Public Mobile and VoIP.ms!
Banned
Apr 25, 2020
722 posts
552 upvotes
M1C
fortune500 wrote: Hello All,

About to move from Koodo prepaid to Public Mobile prepaid and wish to keep my same number.

Would someone care to show me the steps involved please? TIA ...

Stay Safe ...

If you are transferring from a Koodo prepaid plan or a PC Mobile postpaid plan, you will need to select a new number at activation, create a Community account, and then send a private message to our Moderator Team here to complete the transfer to Public Mobile.

from https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... a-p/251824
[OP]
Nov 29, 2009
186 posts
126 upvotes
London
Soichiro wrote: If you are transferring from a Koodo prepaid plan or a PC Mobile postpaid plan, you will need to select a new number at activation, create a Community account, and then send a private message to our Moderator Team here to complete the transfer to Public Mobile.

Very good. That falls in line with the limited knowledge I have gained whereby those with "Prepaid" plans must go through a moderator to achieve this and cannot be accomplished through self serve only. Thanks for clarifying that and your mod link. Cheers!
WISDOM IS JUST A HIGHER LEVEL OF COMMON SENSE ...
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11556 posts
10531 upvotes
Soichiro wrote: If you are transferring from a Koodo prepaid plan or a PC Mobile postpaid plan, you will need to select a new number at activation, create a Community account, and then send a private message to our Moderator Team here to complete the transfer to Public Mobile.

Agree. Koodo prepaid and PM are using the same backend. As far as the automatic number porting is concern, they are the same provider. Therefore, porting a Koodo prepaid number must be done manually by public Mobile community forum moderator.

Don't forget to use your friend referral code to get one time $10 credit.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!