Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[StickyPassword.com] StickyPassword Premium Lifetime license (Black Friday discount $29.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 11:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13731 posts
5331 upvotes
Toronto, ON

StickyPassword Premium Lifetime license (Black Friday discount $29.99)

Deal Link:
Price:
$29.99
Savings:
85% off
Expiry:
December 9, 2020
Retailer:
StickyPassword.com
Looks like their Black Friday deal is back again... get 1 premium lifetime StickyPassword license for $29.99. I'm not sure if that's USD or CAD as I'm still contemplating whether to get this. I have a 1-year premium license until September 2021, and my current 1-year free 1Password family plan expires in December. Deciding whether I should switch to StickyPassword or jump to a Free BitWarden account. Looking for features similar to 1Password where I can access my passwords across multiple platforms and browsers.

The Black Friday discount is valid through December 9, 2020.

https://www.stickypassword.com/buy-prem ... omou-bf-en
37 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1878 posts
607 upvotes
Don't know much about sticky password, but happy bitwarden user here. Open source, accessible thru browser add on and auto fill on phones. Can share items with one other account. 5/5
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5834 posts
1233 upvotes
Montreal
I've used the free version since 2011 and then, in 2016, finally took advantage of a sale to get the premium version for US$22.50. Since then they have raised their SRP quite a bit so $29.95 sounds like a pretty good deal. The price should be in US$.

I swear by it although I find it's better for Windows and iOS than it is for Android. As far as I know, there haven't been any security breaches.
Phils
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13731 posts
5331 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Phils wrote: I've used the free version since 2011 and then, in 2016, finally took advantage of a sale to get the premium version for US$22.50. Since then they have raised their SRP quite a bit so $29.95 sounds like a pretty good deal. The price should be in US$.

I swear by it although I find it's better for Windows and iOS than it is for Android. As far as I know, there haven't been any security breaches.
Do you know if it's possible to edit the login/password entries via the web interface? I know you can login and get to the information, but I couldn't find the ability to make edits, whereas both 1Password and BitWarden, I can edit the entries via the web interface.

Still testing all three managers to decide which to go with once my 1Password family license expires in about a month's time.
Nov 12, 2017
261 posts
314 upvotes
Cambridge
Try bitwarden. It's free and opensouce and works very well.
Nov 18, 2009
239 posts
111 upvotes
I've used LastPass, StickyPassword Premium (have a lifetime license) and BitWarden. LastPass is great, but I couldn't justify the yearly price. I found StickyPassword to be a bit of a pain in the a**. Bitwarden is almost as good as LastPass (from an ease of use perspective) and is either free or $10 per year for Premium. I can't see changing from Bitwarden any time soon.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13731 posts
5331 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kerberos wrote: I've used LastPass, StickyPassword Premium (have a lifetime license) and BitWarden. LastPass is great, but I couldn't justify the yearly price. I found StickyPassword to be a bit of a pain in the a**. Bitwarden is almost as good as LastPass (from an ease of use perspective) and is either free or $10 per year for Premium. I can't see changing from Bitwarden any time soon.
I just started using Bitwarden to see if it is a suitable replacing for 1Password. For 1Password (and StickyPassword), on webpages where there are input fields for login/password, 1Password & StickyPassword would have their icon shown and clicking on it will drop down a list of saved login/password for that site. I don't see that with Bitwarden. I can right-click, and in the contextual menu, pick Bitwarden then choose from a list of saved logins. Is there something that BitWarden offers that mimics 1Password & StickyPassword in this regard (where the list of logins is accessible right from the input field?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1390 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
Besides this and Bitwarden, are any other great password managers offering a Black Friday discount? 1Password isn't.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13731 posts
5331 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gunnerheadboy wrote: Besides this and Bitwarden, are any other great password managers offering a Black Friday discount? 1Password isn't.
I was really hoping 1Password would so I can just keep using 1Password. But I only see a promotion for existing 1Password 6 & 7 standalone versions to transition to 1Password family subscription with 10 months free.
Dec 29, 2009
568 posts
191 upvotes
I am using basic LastPass after my free year of 1Password ended. Other then family access, free LastPass works just as well as 1Password, though it's not as nice looking.
Dec 26, 2015
428 posts
231 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
stizarch wrote: Try bitwarden. It's free and opensouce and works very well.
Done i had the 1 year with 1 password. Bitwarden looks like a good tool
Apr 10, 2019
341 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
Bought this on BF a few years back when I was using Lastpass and never liked it. Switched to Bitwarden and never looked back.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2734 posts
2264 upvotes
Toronto
manho wrote: Don't know much about sticky password, but happy bitwarden user here. Open source, accessible thru browser add on and auto fill on phones. Can share items with one other account. 5/5
Happy Bitwarden user here also.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5834 posts
1233 upvotes
Montreal
rvs007 wrote: Do you know if it's possible to edit the login/password entries via the web interface? I know you can login and get to the information, but I couldn't find the ability to make edits, whereas both 1Password and BitWarden, I can edit the entries via the web interface.

Still testing all three managers to decide which to go with once my 1Password family license expires in about a month's time.
The way Sticky works is that whenever you setup/change a password on a website, it pops up a dialog box asking if you want to update the Sticky database with the change. If you want to setup or reset a password on a site, it will suggest a generated safe password for you.
Phils
Nov 27, 2015
23 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Another vote for Bitwarden. I was a former Lastpass user and enjoyed them until they went crazy with their pricing. Unless Lastpass has improved a lot, Bitwarden is the way to go. Bitwarden is also a good RFD price... Free!
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14589 posts
5817 upvotes
Ottawa
I paid for a StickyPassword Lifetime account but I much prefer the interface of Bitwarden client. I stopped using SP.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Nov 18, 2009
239 posts
111 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: I just started using Bitwarden to see if it is a suitable replacing for 1Password. For 1Password (and StickyPassword), on webpages where there are input fields for login/password, 1Password & StickyPassword would have their icon shown and clicking on it will drop down a list of saved login/password for that site. I don't see that with Bitwarden. I can right-click, and in the contextual menu, pick Bitwarden then choose from a list of saved logins. Is there something that BitWarden offers that mimics 1Password & StickyPassword in this regard (where the list of logins is accessible right from the input field?
Short answer is I don't know for sure. Long answer is I've never gone hunting for it. I know the feature you are discussing and I found Sticky was hit or miss with reliability where as LastPass was pretty much always working. It's a good feature. I've found I just put BitWarden on "auto fill" and it usually just fills the info in for me, unless I have multiple logins for a site. Then I have to pick from the icon in the top right hand corner of Chrome.
Apr 25, 2011
282 posts
102 upvotes
I prefer 1Password personally. Better features and UI than Bitwarden and LP, plus it is Canadian.

Never ever heard of this Sticky one.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2005
5942 posts
113 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Kerberos wrote: I've used LastPass, StickyPassword Premium (have a lifetime license) and BitWarden. LastPass is great, but I couldn't justify the yearly price. I found StickyPassword to be a bit of a pain in the a**. Bitwarden is almost as good as LastPass (from an ease of use perspective) and is either free or $10 per year for Premium. I can't see changing from Bitwarden any time soon.
I have been trying to get off lastpass for awhile since the fees are crazy now compared to when I first signed up.
For Bitwarden the site shows $3 / month, where do you see the $10 /yr?