Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
StickyPassword

Sticky Password Life time offer $29.99/per user

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2019 11:35 pm
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
Why buy this?? Save your monies.

KeePass Password Safe is free and fantastic software.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Dec 3, 2018
850 posts
1023 upvotes
Laval, QC
I got LastPass, which is free too.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
Hsharpreet wrote: I got LastPass, which is free too.
Even Firefox will do it for you... for free...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Dec 3, 2018
850 posts
1023 upvotes
Laval, QC
max011 wrote: Even Firefox will do it for you... for free...
I know but that wasn't my requirement.
Apr 23, 2011
417 posts
167 upvotes
Montreal
Kaitlyn wrote: I've recently gone with Bitwarden... working great so far!
Have you used any other password managers prior to Bitwarden? If so, are you missing any features?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
I actually ditched Sticky Pass for the free version of LastPass and haven't looked back. StickyPass doesn't work in Linux and there was a good 6 months where the Android app was absolutely broken (don't even know if they've fixed it) and wouldn't auto-fill.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
max011 wrote: Why buy this?? Save your monies.

SP has a free version and is better than the software you're shilling.
I suggest reading reviews and actually using the software before telling ppl to go elsewhere.
Here's something to start you off with:
https://www.safetydetectives.com/best-p ... -managers/
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2357 posts
907 upvotes
Completely off topic here but can anyone recommend a good one for internet explorer. Using a particular website for work purposes and would like a password program
May 31, 2017
182 posts
324 upvotes
montreal
Hsharpreet wrote: I got LastPass, which is free too.
same here, have been using lastpass free for years now. got all my password stored in it except banking
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
bigjee wrote: SP has a free version and is better than the software you're shilling.
I suggest reading reviews and actually using the software before telling ppl to go elsewhere.
I'd say YOU are shilling something that has a "free" [and always limited!] version compared to a completely free product. And how, Mr. I-Know-It-All you know I didn't use it.

Sit.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
max011 wrote: I'd say YOU are shilling something that has a "free" [and always limited!] version compared to a completely free product. And how, Mr. I-Know-It-All you know I didn't use it.
Sit.
Thanks for proving my point earlier - with zero research and evidence to back your claim you're now turning to name calling.
FYI Ive used both and the choice is clear to me and the reviews back it up. I suggest you give it a try also. I guess it comes down to how much you value your passwords.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1381 posts
1390 upvotes
bigjee wrote: SP has a free version and is better than the software you're shilling.
Accusing someone of shilling an open-source project, only to post a review site full of commercial services with referral links is a weird way to go.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1536 posts
981 upvotes
GTA
I'm in the security field and we all have gripes on which password manager people should use and which ones have the best security practices.

Never heard of Keeper.

My recommendation is Bitwarden. Most heavily funded and quick security team is Lastpass. Dashlane and 1Password are also great options.
max011 wrote: Why buy this?? Save your monies.

Keepass is for those who like being on the last security audited version of 1.3~?, while its on it current iteration of 2.43.X, and hate user convenience.

Don't forget, to get the same features of Lastpass on Keepass, you need to start using stranger's third-party plugins or re-implementations that do not get a security audit, which could be running more vulns than people here about Lastpass.

A lot of security is dealing with user convenience vs secure controls. Keepass is hard to recommend to a 40 year old non-technical person.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
MadCanadian wrote:

Keepass is for those who like being on the last security audited version of 1.3~?, while its on it current iteration of 2.43.X, and hate user convenience.

Don't forget, to get the same features of Lastpass on Keepass, you need to start using stranger's third-party plugins or re-implementations that do not get a security audit, which could be running more vulns than people here about Lastpass.

A lot of security is dealing with user convenience vs secure controls. Keepass is hard to recommend to a 40 year old non-technical person.
Basing KeePas works just fine. Has portable version as well so it's with you on the go. Also, you could use it as your own private encrypted vault for other documents. Maybe not "one click solution" but... if you don't invest some time and effort in learning, you will have to pay $$$. And - as you know in this field - extra features for convenience come with elevated risks.. [And God forbid keeping your sensitive data in the "cloud". Or doing your taxes online! Ask Alexa and Google Home about it... Smiling Face With Open Mouth ]
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
AnonymousBroccoli wrote: Accusing someone of shilling an open-source project, only to post a review site full of commercial services with referral links is a weird way to go.
I guess posting online reviews on security software while mentioning its clearly a starting point, is now being considered weird?
But someone posting misinformation by saying free is better than paid (or even free is better than free wrt to Keepass) is okay even if it sacrifices usability.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
MadCanadian wrote: I'm in the security field and we all have gripes on which password manager people should use and which ones have the best security practices.

Never heard of Keeper.

My recommendation is Bitwarden. Most heavily funded and quick security team is Lastpass. Dashlane and 1Password are also great options.
I have yet to use Bitwarden but Lastpass and 1Password come highly recommended by my colleagues.
max011 wrote: Basing KeePas works just fine. Has portable version as well so it's with you on the go. Also, you could use it as your own private encrypted vault for other documents. Maybe not "one click solution" but... if you don't invest some time and effort in learning, you will have to pay $$$. And - as you know in this field - extra features for convenience come with elevated risks.. [And God forbid keeping your sensitive data in the "cloud". Or doing your taxes online! Ask Alexa and Google Home about it... Smiling Face With Open Mouth ]
With SP you can keep your data local and not on a cloud while maintaining the convenience of syncing across multiple devices. You still need to invest time in making sure your passwords are secure and not repeated etc. through the security audit that is built into the software. I use it as a guide every time I setup a new account.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
bigjee wrote: I guess posting online reviews on security software while mentioning its clearly a starting point, is now being considered weird?
But someone posting misinformation by saying free is better than paid (or even free is better than free wrt to Keepass) is okay even if it sacrifices usability.
It is when that review site is just an affiliate blog, much like the vast amount of VPN ranking sites out there.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
bigjee wrote: I guess posting online reviews on security software while mentioning its clearly a starting point, is now being considered weird?
Stop trolling already...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)