Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5567 posts
2090 upvotes
Vancouver

Still Active Dividend Platinum & Infinite Visa, 10% on first 2k spend and FYF

Promo has not expired.

This https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/ ... ceCode=962

and link at Great Canadian Rebates are still current and legit as per CIBC manager who double checked for me today.

Unfortunately a lot of CIBC reps are unaware of it.

Credit to banker8 who previously posted the first link and jammin825 who posted about GCR link.

Credit Karma may have link as well.

Check "mktgSourceCode=962" in url.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1441 posts
347 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote: Promo has not expired.

This https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/ ... ceCode=962

and link at Great Canadian Rebates are still current and legit as per CIBC manager who double checked for me today.

Unfortunately a lot of CIBC reps are unaware of it.

Credit to banker8 who previously posted the first link and jammin825 who posted about GCR link.

Credit Karma may have link as well.

Check "mktgSourceCode=962" in url.
Is 4 statements equivalent to exact 120 days counted from the day of approval? another word my next big spent is Nov 28th, what would the latest day be to apply for this card?
Why would one apply thru GCR when there is no incentive?

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7933 posts
4643 upvotes
Montreal
phht wrote: Why would one apply thru GCR when there is no incentive?

Thanks
With GCR, you get the link right away to CIBC website with 10% offer... and you get a clear proof that you are eligible for 10% offer in case of issues.

10% offer can be found on CIBC website, but either you need the direct link or another technique (stop application online, try again).
If you just browse CIBC website you won't find it.
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8913 posts
2245 upvotes
Mont-Royal
If you u already have a CIBC infinite aventura card, will this one works too when I apply through the link?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5567 posts
2090 upvotes
Vancouver
L4cky wrote: If you u already have a CIBC infinite aventura card, will this one works too when I apply through the link?
I don't see why not. I have, cibc aerogold infinite, cibc regular aventura (downgraded from aventura infinite when fyf was up) and recently got instant approval for cibc dividend infinite.

2 weeks later I then applied for cibc dividend plat and got approved on it as well.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1045 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
Even if you go to the direct link, once you hit apply it will not give you the offer.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8913 posts
2245 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Speedy1 wrote: I don't see why not. I have, cibc aerogold infinite, cibc regular aventura (downgraded from aventura infinite when fyf was up) and recently got instant approval for cibc dividend infinite.

2 weeks later I then applied for cibc dividend plat and got approved on it as well.
so through ur link or gcr?

i am not sure to understand what kind of problems the other are pointing out
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20075 posts
5766 upvotes
Scarberia
When does this expired? I'm hoping to get this card soon.. Just working on my BMO we on 2k spending first... My Equifax cs is barely 700Crying Face
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5567 posts
2090 upvotes
Vancouver
L4cky wrote: so through ur link or gcr?

i am not sure to understand what kind of problems the other are pointing out
For Dividend Infinite, I applied about 2.5 weeks ago via https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/ ... ceCode=962

For Dividend Plat, I applied about 1 week ago via GCR.

Both URLs has "mktgSourceCode=962".

Read my comments over at Jerry's massive thread about issues I encountered when I applied for the Dividend Plat card.

Some phone reps may still not be aware of the promo.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8913 posts
2245 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Speedy1 wrote: For Dividend Infinite, I applied about 2.5 weeks ago via https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/ ... ceCode=962

For Dividend Plat, I applied about 1 week ago via GCR.

Both URLs has "mktgSourceCode=962".

Read my comments over at Jerry's massive thread about issues I encountered when I applied for the Dividend Plat card.

Some phone reps may still not be aware of the promo.
Where is Jerry thread? Are the issues only for the plat card?
- Training 101
Aug 17, 2006
459 posts
408 upvotes
You can also get this deal through Credit Karma. Applied Jul 12, received card in mail 23rd. Now I am an existing CIBC banking client so probably makes things easier.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2126 posts
1545 upvotes
I applied and got the card... is there a way I can verify that the promo is active on my account?
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5706 upvotes
WTF,

I already have an Infinite card ..

So I was applying to Platinum card (easier card to get by the way) through GCR link ... (for mentioned above reasons)

On the middle of application their system upgrades me ("at no additional cost") to an Infinite card (that I already have).

AND ... I am approved for it. It will be in the mail now.

Will I still get the promo though (considering I already have an Infinite card)? ... I wasn't applying for Infinite though ...

Terms and condition kinda vague on that ... says specifically: "Offer applies to newly approved card accounts only; transfers from an existing CIBC credit card to a CIBC Dividend Visa Infinite Card and CIBC Dividend Platinum Visa Card are excluded."
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20075 posts
5766 upvotes
Scarberia
Darkman wrote: WTF,

I already have an Infinite card ..

So I was applying to Platinum card (easier card to get by the way) through GCR link ... (for mentioned above reasons)

On the middle of application their system upgrades me ("at no additional cost") to an Infinite card (that I already have).

AND ... I am approved for it. It will be in the mail now.

Will I still get the promo though (considering I already have an Infinite card)? ... I wasn't applying for Infinite though ...

Terms and condition kinda vague on that ... says specifically: "Offer applies to newly approved card accounts only; transfers from an existing CIBC credit card to a CIBC Dividend Visa Infinite Card and CIBC Dividend Platinum Visa Card are excluded."
did u get auto approved? im thinking of applying for the plat card as well...i already spent 2k on my div infinite!

tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jul 6, 2009
585 posts
75 upvotes
Markham
mikka2017 wrote: did u get auto approved? im thinking of applying for the plat card as well...i already spent 2k on my div infinite!

tia
Do they give the cashback bonus right away? after the 2k spend?
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5706 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: did u get auto approved? im thinking of applying for the plat card as well...i already spent 2k on my div infinite!

tia
yes
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7933 posts
4643 upvotes
Montreal
Darkman wrote: I already have an Infinite card ..
You must state income below 60k not to be upgraded to infinite card when you apply for platinum.

If you have had your Infinite card for At least 45 days, there should be no issue.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7933 posts
4643 upvotes
Montreal
AsuranZala123 wrote: Do they give the cashback bonus right away? after the 2k spend?
CIBC gives cashback on January statement based on December cashback balance (It recently changed, it was December statement).

You don’t get cashback right away.

You should keep the card till January statement before cancelling.
Jan 30, 2017
710 posts
115 upvotes
Do they send u a cheque or do u have to use the card again to use free $200

I prefer cheque method
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20075 posts
5766 upvotes
Scarberia
cashinstinct wrote: You must state income below 60k not to be upgraded to infinite card when you apply for platinum.

If you have had your Infinite card for At least 45 days, there should be no issue.
so i gotta wait 45 days before applying for the plat version? i've only have my infinite card for like 2 weeks now

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)