Health & Wellness

Is it still safe to visit bank branches for opening up account?

[OP]
Oct 28, 2015
486 posts
114 upvotes
Nobleton, ON

Is it still safe to visit bank branches for opening up account?

now, TD and CIBC is offering something like $300 cash back for opening up an account, I am a bit hesitant as it requires you to present them IDs at one of their branches, and given the current situation, I am a bit hesitant to physically go to branch that might get yourself COV-19. I am debating whether it's worth it or not, thoughts?
6 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
12732 posts
7665 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
300 bucks or your life, you decide.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
1668 posts
428 upvotes
Montreal
This is not a question related to Finance but rather to Health.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
14158 posts
14864 upvotes
If you're in the low risk group, it's your call.

We have a mid-20s female employee with no known comorbidities get very anxious and ask for layoff early in this crisis.

Despite being in the optimal demo (young, female, healthy), she put her health first. One can't judge.

Your priorities will dictate your decision.
>> Govt. Relief for Businesses: 75% Wage Subsidy <<

COVID-19 Etiquette
Whatever your personal opinion, please respect hygiene and PPE guidelines and mandates laid down by (1) government, (2) private establishments.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1008 posts
308 upvotes
Vancouver
Really depends on the precautions the branch has taken. Best call to ask. The CIBC near my work all had staff wearing masks and plastic barriers on the tellers. If you are just showing them ID then I think it's fine.

If you had to go through the whole process with staff stuck in a room for a hour then I probably wouldn't do it.
Nov 24, 2013
856 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto
You should be ok if protective measures are in place - social distancing, face masks, barriers, etc.

Don't touch any surfaces you don't need to and wear a mask if you have one.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3187 posts
1823 upvotes
Vancouver
TD is pretty safe. The staff are more scared of customers than vice versa.

Bring you own pen and wear an N95.