Shopping Discussion

StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2021 6:55 pm
Member
Sep 8, 2003
323 posts
444 upvotes
seafish wrote: Yes, stock status is updated within 48 hours, but actually stock number(the last column) is updated much more frequent (at least once every hour by my observations). The stock number might not be accurate still (sometimes it even show negative number, lol) Those 2 columns might not show same information (i.e. status might be OutOfStock and stock number might be 4). They seem to be updated independently and perhaps by different systems. I use 2 different APIs to access this information.
As said in the disclaimer, use stocktrack information just as guidance and you should not rely on it.
On the other hand, price information is very reliable and what you see is what you should get at the counter even if the price tag in store reads differently ;) Just today I picked some items which were marked on clearance at $7, but scanned at $5, exactly how my tool showed them.
So I also got the Instep trailer and the Bike nook, but none of the Allens products (trailer and carrier) even though they are all back in stock (at reg prices of course). Think I should contact CS? They haven't cancelled the order yet.
Digital Improvements
Most posts are via my mobile, so sorry for any duplicate posts, poor spelling/grammar, lack of photos and other details.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
kingofwit wrote: So I also got the Instep trailer and the Bike nook, but none of the Allens products (trailer and carrier) even though they are all back in stock (at reg prices of course). Think I should contact CS? They haven't cancelled the order yet.
I guess we're not getting those. :(
I'd wait till next week and then contact CS, they may give some vouchers and that's probably it. (unless you're in QC, then they should honor their price error)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
Fixed not to ask for closest stores from Walmart but creating list myself. Much faster now too as I don't have to query walmart every time. The only drawback is if walmart add new store it won't be reflected right away. I plan to update list of stores every day though.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 1, 2003
6673 posts
367 upvotes
Great tool!

Have you tried to add Sportchek and see if it will work?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 18, 2017
1311 posts
3011 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
This is why basic coding skills should be part of our schools' curriculum - with people stumbling upon real-life problems on the daily, can you imagine if they also had skills to solve those problems since early childhood?

This tool shows true passion and creativity. And I love how it's so clean and light! Thank you for building and thank you for your kindness in sharing it with the rest of us!


I really hope you can add Home Depot to your inventory tracker tool some day.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Member
Sep 8, 2003
323 posts
444 upvotes
@seafish Have you seen the new Walmart app. I was wondering if there was anything there that could help you with the camera issue on the LG devices (still not working as I'm sure you know). I use the walmart app all the time for price checking (and fast checkout!) and it works on both my G4 & G6.

I also noticed that when testing your camera integration it seems to have trouble with 1's & 7's (adding additional or swapping).

Just some thoughts.

Cheers
Digital Improvements
Most posts are via my mobile, so sorry for any duplicate posts, poor spelling/grammar, lack of photos and other details.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
kingofwit wrote: @seafish Have you seen the new Walmart app. I was wondering if there was anything there that could help you with the camera issue on the LG devices (still not working as I'm sure you know). I use the walmart app all the time for price checking (and fast checkout!) and it works on both my G4 & G6.

I also noticed that when testing your camera integration it seems to have trouble with 1's & 7's (adding additional or swapping).

Just some thoughts.

Cheers
The phone app uses probably some native camera and barcode recognition software. I use some freely available javascript library and it's obviously not very well supported and I think pretty much abandoned (was not updated in almost 2 years). Might have to see if there's anything else available.
Newbie
Apr 22, 2019
1 posts
kitchener
Hey couple Q's, so trying to search a SKU of a certain item at WALMART... Status say OutofStock, but under Stock it gives you a number of lets say 22 of that item. Okay so i go in, say hey , you got any of these? ive seen online that you have "22" .. they look it up sure enough yes they have 22, but he said that SKU is used for the whole line, not the certain item in THAT line of items? Lost as in how this stock thing works.. ( im talking about FunkoPops) probably a different way of each single different item? of the same name? or UGH sorry im stupid.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
BartK96895 wrote: Hey couple Q's, so trying to search a SKU of a certain item at WALMART... Status say OutofStock, but under Stock it gives you a number of lets say 22 of that item. Okay so i go in, say hey , you got any of these? ive seen online that you have "22" .. they look it up sure enough yes they have 22, but he said that SKU is used for the whole line, not the certain item in THAT line of items? Lost as in how this stock thing works.. ( im talking about FunkoPops) probably a different way of each single different item? of the same name? or UGH sorry im stupid.
SKU and UPC should point to a single item. Product number can be the same for multiple items. I'm not too sure about their system though.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
SickFinga wrote: How exactly does the Canadian Tire pricing work? For example, https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=028-9212-8 has the lowest price of $29.97. However, when I switch to that store on CanadianTire.ca, it still shows the price of $55.99
It always shows in-store price which might not be the same that you see on the CT web-site.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 4, 2006
6249 posts
2116 upvotes
Calgary
Hey @seafish , is it possible to add home depot? hey're a store that often has some pretty significant clearance deals at specific stores... figure it'd be the best way to find the best price on an item.

Edit:
LOL, nevermind, looks like this has already been suggested a couple times
.
Newbie
Jun 22, 2017
11 posts
how come when i use stocktrack it shows a ps4 game for $15 but when i click on it it shows $69.99 ??
Newbie
Jun 22, 2017
11 posts
seafish wrote: You checking online price?
What game?
example on stocktrack this game shows it for $2 i went to that store and found the last copy hidden and when i told the guy to price check it wasnt $2 it was full price :(
Images
  • BOX.png
Sr. Member
Apr 8, 2007
766 posts
169 upvotes
hello SeaFish.

Thank you for writing this wornderful tool.

is it possible to add princessauto as part of the tool? what support do you need? I am happy to contribute to whatever I could to assist the features that users here are asking .
Running on hackintosh in 2011: I5 ivy Bridge 3.10 HD3000, Zotac 1030 2G video card, HDMI 2.0 cable, 16G RAM( max out at 1600mhz) on a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Mobo with ITB Crucial MX500 SSD, With 4K 60HZ UM7300AUE as a monitor> Retina Display

Top