StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2021 6:55 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4431 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto
cheapbasterd wrote: Hey Seafish...I'm enjoying your tool very much...I noticed on your Walmart to do list you struck out barcode scanning . I think that would be an amazing feature...
That's because Seafish already put it in (on mobile site).
Aug 23, 2009
153 posts
52 upvotes
jm1 wrote: That's because Seafish already put it in (on mobile site).
Can we give seafish god status already...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
Just noticed, Walmart sometimes does not give any stock information for some stores. If you try again it may work. They probably noticed that someone is playing with their stock requests.
I may have to make them not so fast and one after another with a short pause or just automatic retry
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
fonzy35 wrote: @seafish , thanks for the app.
Very appreciated..

Can you add Costco?
Here's a link to costco "Order by Item Number"
It's for online order when item become available

https://www.costco.ca/OrderByItemsDisplayView?

TIA
This only checks online stock info? Couldn't find any hooks that would check warehouse stock.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1400 posts
894 upvotes
Canada East
seafish wrote: This only checks online stock info? Couldn't find any hooks that would check warehouse stock.
Yes, it's only for online availability
. . . .

Be Nice...

. . . .
Mar 22, 2013
121 posts
148 upvotes
BC
I just wanted to post and say thank you for this tool. For whatever stupid reason, walmart removed their own stock checker.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
randyzive wrote: I just wanted to post and say thank you for this tool. For whatever stupid reason, walmart removed their own stock checker.
They did not remove it, it's still there, but available only for some items. With this tool you can check any item that has UPC, even those that are not listed on Walmart.ca. Walmart is also buggy and shows correct info only for the first store in the list, and for others it displays identical info.
If you want to check by UPC and just looking at barcode, remember that the last digit (often located higher then the rest) must not be included. If using built-in barcode scanner for mobile browsers it will remove it for you.
Feb 18, 2018
761 posts
892 upvotes
What a sweet tool love how it finds the instore CT price since they can be wildly different. Going give a clearance price I see a try and see if it matches to confirm but looks great
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
Added "Deals" option to Walmart checker that lists recently found products with discounts.
Currently only shows those that were available in any WM store with a discount. Sorted by most recently updated first.
May add more filters/sorting options soon.
Feb 18, 2018
761 posts
892 upvotes
2 things i wish for are a /xxxxx result page so i can use it on my phone and when the page refreshes i still have my results instead of typing in product number and location again. and for Canadian tire to have a hide OOS option added (i see its on the to do list). this is a great tool being able to find the CT instore prices is great
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
Aselwyn1 wrote: 2 things i wish for are a /xxxxx result page so i can use it on my phone and when the page refreshes i still have my results instead of typing in product number and location again. and for Canadian tire to have a hide OOS option added (i see its on the to do list). this is a great tool being able to find the CT instore prices is great
Thanks for the suggestion.
It will now modify page address when checking for product to include upc/product number in a path to load results automatically if page reloads. You can also copy and share that address with someone.
I'm not setting location and number of stores/distance into the address, it will use default setting (browser location and 10 stores/50 km distance). I can add those, but not sure if necessary.
Feb 18, 2018
761 posts
892 upvotes
seafish wrote: Thanks for the suggestion.
It will now modify page address when checking for product to include upc/product number in a path to load results automatically if page reloads. You can also copy and share that address with someone.
I'm not setting location and number of stores/distance into the address, it will use default setting (browser location and 10 stores/50 km distance). I can add those, but not sure if necessary.
Ya location doesn't matter to me
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1596 posts
1137 upvotes
Vancouver
@seafish Does your inventory checker factor in new locations opening up? There's a new Walmart at Burnaby Metrotown (I think it just opened up a month ago) and it's not showing when I check for different items and the only Burnaby location that's showing is on Austin Ave which is on the opposite end of Burnaby
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
Alivenate wrote: @seafish Does your inventory checker factor in new locations opening up? There's a new Walmart at Burnaby Metrotown (I think it just opened up a month ago) and it's not showing when I check for different items and the only Burnaby location that's showing is on Austin Ave which is on the opposite end of Burnaby
It's showing whatever walmart giving and it seems like this new store is not yet included. If you check Walmart.ca and try 'Buy in store' button, it won't show it either.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1596 posts
1137 upvotes
Vancouver
seafish wrote: It's showing whatever walmart giving and it seems like this new store is not yet included. If you check Walmart.ca and try 'Buy in store' button, it won't show it either.
Hmm that's fair. Hope they add Metrotown soon. I got an online order for pickup there next week so hopefully a sign of things to come