StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2024 10:57 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
PC_Cola wrote: Anyone else getting this error? It says "Error getting geolocation data. Try again later."

Been saying this for me this morning and yesterday as well.
Seems like the free geo location API that I was using is now asking for money. For now you need to choose location by entering something in the field, then it will use google API. I will update shortly to always use google api.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
seafish wrote: Added Atmosphere, because why not. They are using the same API as SportChek
When you have time, please check the Mark's, they may be using the same API as Mark's is one of CT group of companies.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Hey seafish is it possible to have it automatically disregard (or something) third-party pricing in the price history if it's way out to lunch from what the first-party pricing ever has been?

Like here's a good example:
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=4549678248

The 2DS XL bundle has never been over $200 new first-party, but the price history graph is basically unreadable because it's also pulling third-party prices of $750-$1000.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
chemicalxv wrote: Hey seafish is it possible to have it automatically disregard (or something) third-party pricing in the price history if it's way out to lunch from what the first-party pricing ever has been?

Like here's a good example:
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=4549678248

The 2DS XL bundle has never been over $200 new first-party, but the price history graph is basically unreadable because it's also pulling third-party prices of $750-$1000.
Yeah, the history graph needs a rework. I was thinking of switching to google library and also adding options for date selection and hiding 3rd party seller
Sep 26, 2017
53 posts
11 upvotes
I am positive this has already been answered plenty of times, but forgive me in advance.. there's 41 pages.. I love this tool, and I am so glad to have just found out an RFD member created it! I just had a quick question for the stock aspect.. I tried reading some answers here, and you often mention Walmart's servers delay, or play it safe and make things OOS when their might still be a few.

So I've done the test in the past and called a Walmart that had a product listed on the site as "limited", and the clerk goes back and forth on hold, comes back and tells me "yes, we have x amount at z price" which is identical to what the site says. So I further ask if she actually checked the section, or it's just based on her system, and they always answer based on their system, says we have 10, but we also might have some in the back. None the less, I show up, and every time the product is there.

Now when the site says OOS, but shows a number of in stock. Is this because those are the ones that are in the back store? Or it's certain reps making certain, sorry I mean *hiding* certain products and making them unlisted as inventory, until let's say for their own personal gain, they get paid, or whatnot. Or it's really just a server lag and implies the last time the stock was in "limited" position the number was x, so now that those x number of products have sold, the system puts it in OOS, and carries the value of the previous limited stock quantity?

I ask because sometimes, I've been inclined to take a bit of a *steeper drive than usual* (God Bless RFD effect), but I'm scared to get to the store and they obviously (if I can't find it on the shelves), tell me they will "check", then check with the UPC, see that there's "none", but they "know" there's x in the back. I'm not ever trying to be an annoying customer, but I always wonder if I get the individual to really check in the back, if in fact they will find it and then be like "omg just your luck, I found one in the back!" (assuming I fall on a friendly clerk. Like I'm just ultimately scared of the scenario that escalates to the whole "I KNOW YOU HAVE ONE IN THE BACK NOW STOP LYING TO ME AND GO GET IT" haha!

Thank you!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
Canuck2017 wrote: I am positive this has already been answered plenty of times, but forgive me in advance.. there's 41 pages.. I love this tool, and I am so glad to have just found out an RFD member created it! I just had a quick question for the stock aspect.. I tried reading some answers here, and you often mention Walmart's servers delay, or play it safe and make things OOS when their might still be a few.

So I've done the test in the past and called a Walmart that had a product listed on the site as "limited", and the clerk goes back and forth on hold, comes back and tells me "yes, we have x amount at z price" which is identical to what the site says. So I further ask if she actually checked the section, or it's just based on her system, and they always answer based on their system, says we have 10, but we also might have some in the back. None the less, I show up, and every time the product is there.

Now when the site says OOS, but shows a number of in stock. Is this because those are the ones that are in the back store? Or it's certain reps making certain, sorry I mean *hiding* certain products and making them unlisted as inventory, until let's say for their own personal gain, they get paid, or whatnot. Or it's really just a server lag and implies the last time the stock was in "limited" position the number was x, so now that those x number of products have sold, the system puts it in OOS, and carries the value of the previous limited stock quantity?

I ask because sometimes, I've been inclined to take a bit of a *steeper drive than usual* (God Bless RFD effect), but I'm scared to get to the store and they obviously (if I can't find it on the shelves), tell me they will "check", then check with the UPC, see that there's "none", but they "know" there's x in the back. I'm not ever trying to be an annoying customer, but I always wonder if I get the individual to really check in the back, if in fact they will find it and then be like "omg just your luck, I found one in the back!" (assuming I fall on a friendly clerk. Like I'm just ultimately scared of the scenario that escalates to the whole "I KNOW YOU HAVE ONE IN THE BACK NOW STOP LYING TO ME AND GO GET IT" haha!

Thank you!
Item status is solely based on stock count.
<=3 - OutOfStock
4-12 - Limited
13+ - Available

Nobody is setting status manually, whether they have it at the back or not.
Some items might never see Available or Limited status because stores never get more than 3 at the same time (like large TVs)
Quite often stock count can be positive, but they might not have them anywhere (phantom stock), so checking the back won't help. This stock count is also seen in their system, I'm not sure if they have any other status that is not based on stock count like we have.
Good luck.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
The real laugher is finding something with negative stock.

But this tool has taught me that Walmart's stock system is absolute garbage. The fact they can have missing stock on serialized inventory like video game consoles/handhelds just absolutely blows my mind.
Sep 26, 2017
53 posts
11 upvotes
seafish wrote: Item status is solely based on stock count.
<=3 - OutOfStock
4-12 - Limited
13+ - Available

Nobody is setting status manually, whether they have it at the back or not.
Some items might never see Available or Limited status because stores never get more than 3 at the same time (like large TVs)
Quite often stock count can be positive, but they might not have them anywhere (phantom stock), so checking the back won't help. This stock count is also seen in their system, I'm not sure if they have any other status that is not based on stock count like we have.
Good luck.
Thank you for the reply! Makes sense, now have you or others who have used the service been more successful than not, in finding products that are <3 so OOS with displayed quantity in the system by heading to the store? Or the odds of finding that (+1) OOS product are slim to none? Also, are returns/open boxes/incomplete open boxes, etc. going to appear in their inventory system under the same values your site shows? Or they have other meta IDs or whatever for that type of inventory, which isn't accounted for on the site/their standard systems they use in store to look up inventory?

Again, living in a major city, it happens more often than not I miss out on the product that is local (let's say 25km radius), but if I go for a bit of a drive (100-150km -- which I don't mind), am I going to *more likely than not* find that (+1) at that store, or I am *more likely than not* to not find it and fall on phantom stock?

Thank you again!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I've never found something that it said it had 1 or 2 of with the OOS qualifier but everything that was 3 and OOS I've found (but only found 1 or VERY rarely 2 of so my working "logic" when looking is to subtract 2 from their stock and assume that's what they actually have).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Holy hell I found a 1 quantity "Out of Stock" item
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1412 posts
866 upvotes
YYC
Seafish thanks for all the work you do on your site!

I have been noticing that some new product I am interested-in is not updating properly and while I assume it is WM themselves breaking something data-wise on their side, I still thought I would ask you. :)

I have the most recent FF browser 78.0.2, but these problems also occur on my phone using Chrome, so I don't think it is a browser issue.

These are new Transformers which recently did appear in stores here. However, the site shows them as NotSold.
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=501099366012

This example Transformer is on sale online and there are stacks in-stores here, but I wanted to see if the stores also have the sale price... it shows as NotSold on the site too.
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=501099363968

These new GI Joe Classified figures arrived over the last two weeks but the numbers never updated from NotSold:

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=501099366243

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Every day I too am reminded of how garbage Walmart's inventory system is.

Went today to find something that one store supposedly had 5 of. Not only could I not find a single unit of it, there wasn't even a shelf tag in the area it was supposed to be in! Double-checking on Stocktrack shows that they've "had" 5 since last year, meaning that even before Covid hit there wasn't any kind of inventory done that caught the discrepancy.

I found multiple other items that there were physically 1 or more in front of me that their inventory said they didn't have at all.
Mar 31, 2011
465 posts
443 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
EB stock seems to be not working. Checked three different SKUs, all came back 0 in stock everywhere, then a popup error appears.
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
Mar 31, 2011
465 posts
443 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Love the price history aspect, hope you can get it implemented for CT & HD before BF.
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Blustreak wrote: EB stock seems to be not working. Checked three different SKUs, all came back 0 in stock everywhere, then a popup error appears.
I believe the EB one just goes off purely whether the buttons are there or not.

Also you don't use the number from the URL, you use the "Product Code" a bit further down the page. It doesn't really work because their site is goofy.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Blustreak wrote: Love the price history aspect, hope you can get it implemented for CT & HD before BF.
Regarding this - is there any way to see price history on mobile?

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

OneFlex