Shopping Discussion

StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 3:56 pm
Dec 26, 2006
480 posts
127 upvotes
Calgary
kaxx wrote: I don't think Walmart has any hand sanitizer in any locations. I tried 3 locations showing 50+ of stocks but only found empty shelves.
seafish wrote: There are inaccuracies, but that's what in walmart system. If you ask associates they will see same numbers.
I can see some locations report hundreds of sanitizers in stock, but the stock number hasn't moved in weeks. I guess it's not there or perhaps stashed somewhere at the backroom, but I doubt it.
Thanks for the info. I'm just going to use hand soap, this search is stressing me out. Some a-holes are paying $50 for a regular sized bottle of Purell on eBay.
Mar 29, 2019
36 posts
56 upvotes
Would be great to see Loblaws/Superstore added to this app!! Sobeys, Lowe's and Rona too please!!
Great tool! Because of this app I was able to grab a hand sanitizer from a Walmart location as everyone was running out.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2636 posts
1009 upvotes
QC, Canada
And/or showing only result when in stock in fews selected store else don't show this result
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15889 posts
2148 upvotes
GTA
is the site down?

also how come some stores show inventory in your search results but both the retailer's website shows no inventory and in real life the store has no inventory?

also also can you please add stocktrack to the thread title?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4838 posts
9123 upvotes
Ottawa
actng wrote: is the site down?

also how come some stores show inventory in your search results but both the retailer's website shows no inventory and in real life the store has no inventory?

also also can you please add stocktrack to the thread title?
Works fine for me.
Real-life inventory is always YMMV. If my site shows stock number - that's the number in their system.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15889 posts
2148 upvotes
GTA
yea works fine now. must be momentary outage.

what does it mean when the inventory qty is -2?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27766 posts
12837 upvotes
Toronto
cdn tire stock tracker is a total joke. Either the inventory data is like 60 days old or someone went to the store and hoard everything in one purchase.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1048 posts
1089 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
NYR wrote: How accurate is this site? I am seeing Hand Sanitizer in stock in some stores that are a good 45 minute drive away but not on the Walmart website - worth the drive?
kaxx wrote: I don't think Walmart has any hand sanitizer in any locations. I tried 3 locations showing 50+ of stocks but only found empty shelves.
seafish wrote: There are inaccuracies, but that's what in walmart system. If you ask associates they will see same numbers.
I can see some locations report hundreds of sanitizers in stock, but the stock number hasn't moved in weeks. I guess it's not there or perhaps stashed somewhere at the backroom, but I doubt it.
For my multiple Walmarts, the system and stocktrack always says that there is stock, and it is always changing for stock too so i know it's actually there. I guarantee you that many employees are hoarding it in the back for themselves. The system says that theres 10 bottles of hand sanitizer but i cant actually find them. I check back 5 hours later and its showing -2 or something. This has been happening all week.

I kinda makes sense that Walmart employees would hoard them. Its not like the job has a lotta perks. There is this small one. lol
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 3 guests)

miguel sanchez, Superjester, atyy0132, porcan